« Back to All Topics
Old times...
Posted in 
Billiards
Old times...
Posted in 
Billiards
Old times...
Remember back in the day with almost every room with over 50+ players and room1 125+ and everyone was rated those were the good days.

FlyOrDie, this new scheme has plunged. I've been sitting back waiting for this to change back but it hasn't. And there are no other games as good as this to my knowledge.

I know it might be too much to ask but could we have 1 week with a rating? And you see how many people you put a smile back on their faces.

Is it I or was the cheating kept down a minimum when we all were rated? I remember vaguely and I can't remember as such. 

Haven't you scrapped enough money of those people who got like 20 names, and those who have subscribed?

I still reckon it would be better to have rating permanently. Gesture: Why not let everyone have a rating but people may still subscribe and have extra features. And non-subscribers have those nasty ads, there was a point where that was happening as i remember.

There's 
 NO 
 point in removing this topic...I'm not doing any harm and, I know this kind of topic has been created time after time, but I think there should be 1 for peoples to air their views.

Thats all from me, thanks. ;)

Paranormal
Paranormal,

I don't blame you for what you are saying.  I can see that in some ways it was better before.  I do have to say though that the cheating was worse then, and also it was easier to do...remember all the 3 balls??  where are the 2500 3000 pt rates now?  It was better when everyone had points because now there are people like yourself who are not happy, but were happy before.  Yet, on the other hand, I don't think you go to the 7-11 and give you a free slurpee because you like their hotdogs.  It was inevitable that fod would charge for their service.  For about a year they gave free ratings to everyone who tried the game, to let them see how much they liked it, and give them a "test drive" before putting down money...and they also worked out alot of bugs during that time (I know that it seems like there are still to many bugs...but it used to be worse)  It may be true that there aren't nearly as many players in here as there used to be...but I would be willing to bet that all the people that stopped playing here, or won't subscribe are the same people that didn't give the advertisers enough hits to make it worth paying fod for their billboards...if people aren't willing to pay 20 bucks a year to subscribe to a service they use every day...what are the chances they are going to buy anything from the people who put up signs about things for sale?
While I understand and empathize with your feelings, I don't understand why you would think that fod, or any other business would just "give away" their product.  It would be nice...but it isn't going to happen.  Maybe if you could reconcile yourself to that you would stop feeling frustrated and just have fun again...it IS still a fun game...you said yourself, you couldn't find a cooler pool game online.
who cares about ratings, i find that ppl on fod r way to obsessed with thier ratings. i always find good players playing rubbish ones just to boost thier ratings, u dont get any better by doing that.

suit
paranormal, im with you those old times rocked, you could always find a decent game with a rated player.

i dont know what it is now but all the good rates play in their own little group there are lower rated people who would have no trouble beating that lot its turned into a two teir system at least before you could play anyone as everyone had a rating...

its kind of sad, since this new system has been introduced i have seen some of the top people i have ever seen play depart because they no longer have a rating that they can show off.

the sad thing now is with the new two teir system the lower rates can not hope to get above 500 which is a little sad, the good old days with the 1500+ ratings were challenges despite all the cheats there were decent people about..

now a days it is near on impossible to go into a room and not be sworn at or recieve no abuse from little kids, the old days when i first joined everyone helped me out they would go out of their way to make me feel welcome now its just sad at what goes on..

also i would like to say.. people who are sunbscribed are treated BETTER then the people who are not i have seen a subscribed person banned loads of times for 12hours for swearing at a mod, yet people un-subscribed say the same thing to other members who are non mods and get permanent bans this again underlines the two tier system that flyordie have introduced.... enough of the complaints this is not what im posting here for...

paranormal, i back what you say 100% and flyordie will never be the same as the old days...
I agree with all that you have said all;)

But i`d also like to add sommat else......

MODERATORS - now we have moderators in the rooms there is more than ever people swearing and fighting before there was any moderators there wasnt hardly as much swearing or fighting people just got on with each other.
Now the MODS are here they just seem to provoke people whether it be intensional or not they do.
look at a room without a MOD in it and they are all fine then look at a room with a MOD in it and all héll has broke loose most off the time.
Also i have noticed certain things within the moderator group people they know seem to get away with anything they swear insult others and all the mods do is either lol at them or maybee say stop it yet someone they dont know or someone they dont like 1 small thing and its a 5 day ban no warning just a ban.
I myself have been banned by a moderator on one of my other names because he thought i was someone who he didnt like i had told him several times in the room i was Pot but he still banned me for being the other person.
Now i dont know about the rest of you but i think all this svcks and is really bad.
I`v had and met a lot of good freinds on this site and 1 by 1 they have left because of things like this happening to them.

well thats it i wont bore u anymore 

Pot
Demon
Richard
Dynamite
pot mate, im with you, i had a rather bad experience with a mod in which i was called names, i sent the screenshots into FOD nothing was done i thought there was justice on a place like this... guess i was wrong...
it was the best ..... aaahhhh the old times now thats a nice thought. u dont hav to pay too keep the site going u hav a job anyway so let us have some fun and let us hav a free rating alll those that agre plz reply   

matt33
i agree well it would b a good idea:)
I AGREE :d LOL 
DOES ANY1 NOW WHERE I CAN FIND PREDATOR COZ IM SOPPOSED TO PLAY HIM ON THE UPA2 TOURNEY AND HE AINT THERE 
DOES ANY1 NO WHERE I CAN FIND HIM
?
Thx 4 all the reply's.

Yeah Pot thats true. Before there were moderators, the swearing wasn't as bad. People blantantly come into a room nowadays just to get dermited or booted, and totally pìss off the moderators! ;\

Old times huh ?....strange...personally.... I think the games have improved a great deal in the year and a half I have been visiting.... and not to incite a flaming match or anything but I'm SURE this will...I'll post it anyway....

I feel compelled to point out the fact that

Pot left out an important piece of information
 in his previous message.. 

HE IS A 
FORMER
 FlyOrDie MODERATOR !! :O

listen carefully...and you will hear an axe being grinded... 
:p

and a final comment to anyone who bothers to read this.... the moderators are not posted here to ruin anyones fun...on the contrary....mods are here to promote a fun game environment for all..... remember.....  many young people visit the games....my youngsters included....and.....  the moderators have an obligation to the game subscribers...young and old.... to ensure they enjoy their visits as well.....  sorry Pot...  to torpedo your message but.....I will make a suggestion.... if you have a problem with FlyOrDie or it's moderation policy...or terms of service..... I invite you to frequent a different game site ;)

regarding the subject nature of this topic..... sure..... I agree...a constructive dialog is a good thing...as long as bashing of the site operators or their policies are not a part of it...
I think most people have the intelligence to have a constuctive discussion...unless of course... they have an axe to grind..
enjoy your games...

GHOST RIDER MP 
FlyOrDie Moderator
Can i just want mention your comments on rooms not having trouble when theres no mod present..If you think thats true your wrong. Many times a day i personaly am being asked to attend another room/lobby to stop the vulgarity as theres no mod there.We also recive many screen shots on a daily basis by someone disgusted at the vulgarity used in the lobbys when theres no moderator present and may i add by 1 or 2 of the people above my post you know who you are.As for moderators being present i must say we get complaints about us but they are in the minority and are thanked for our help by the majority....

PS as ive stated before complaints are always by them who are upset at being banned

Be good your kind and loving moderator STORMY ;)
old times... lol....
rm1 9ball... full of kids swearing and cheating with ratings

fod is not  UNICEF ... it's a biz company banners adv dont give too much money 

some1 here said about 2 other billiard games 
1 is not free.. and if you get a free copy...well it's illegal so.. no comment

the new 1 is free now but.. will be forever?
 I dont think so...

Who was it that deleted my post about another better game site? Is it to hard to admit that there is a better site out there.  [img=
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/11.gif
]

I'm not going to say what game it is as that's probably the reason to my deleted post!

Flyordie have made sufficient improvements yes, but noone was complaining about the game before the improvements were made. 

Alls i posted this topic for was to remind us of those times when people enjoyed them selves. 
NOT
 saying people don't enjoy themselves now but the majority don't.

As i recall a while back a mod said 
"if your not happy with this site go somewhere else i.e. yahoo pool"
 Well I’m not happy with flyordie at this point. And as soon as i said that site (which i will not say, for removal reasons) my post got removed. But when that mod gave that little bit of advice up there^ why wasn't that thread removed, as he mentioned another pool site? Because that's what happens isn't it...mention another pool site...post removed! As did Adam Goodhyden's post. 

Seems unreal to me...all has gone crazy [img=
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/32.gif
]

Reply to blueprince's post: I disagree with you on what you said about the other billiard game which is illegal if you download it. 

If you download the FINX version from kazaa you will still be able to play online legally because that is the authentic installed version. However, there has been an illegal copy going about. 

But people download it at there own risk. And i bet you have got it blueprince. ;)

~Peace out ya'll~ X-(
real installed version? better say... a copy of that.. so illegal...

anyway the point is.. if you want play it (legally) you need to buy it.. (with real $ £ or €)...
it's not free like some1 else says...

and.. be careful of adware/spyware etc etc

I will repeat myself;   "people do it at there own risk"

Do you know how the crack works, the 1 that people are sending through msn?

It imitates the CD. And it is doing a good job at being undetected, so far. ;\

yup ur right ghost i 
was formaly a fod mod
 but i made a choice to back a league member over a problem with fod which cost me the mod which i knew it would.

what you all seem 2 forget is the leagues make up a large part of this site if they packed up and left i do believe a lot off people would follow them.

you was fast off the mark to tell me to go to another site ghost if i didnt like this 1 yet oviously you only prove that you dont think before you speak....

what have you done for fly or die yourself to help in its running and growing as a site?

most people know what people like myself peachy and certain others have done but if you do need a list then it can easily be done ;)

so do me a favor ghost keep your comments to yourself about what i should and shouldnt do

Pot ;)
Ghost i liked you before you posted that wat u sed about Pot hes a very nice guy and you have no right to say things like that you should be ashamed!
just a quick reply to storm now 

you said 
"PS as ive stated before complaints are always by them who are upset at being banned"

i was banned once by a moderator who accused me off being someone else within 5 minutes the ban was reversed and a formal appology was made which was apreciated.

i complain cause i can see what its doing to the pool side of flyordie and how it is affecting the leagues.

also i have seen how many people have been as good as forced to leave the site due to bad feelings with moderators that actually target certain players with ban after ban.

Pot ;)

what has ghost done for fly or die himself to help in its running and growing as a site?

Started the WG Tanx Group which has 92 members and at its peak had 120+ members no small feat im sure you will agree

Your Kind and loving Mod STORMY
hrmmmm well done i guess

as for me i run UPA2 as u may well know currently it has aprox 2000 members that have joined.

i helped run the snooker world cup which is now complete WTG Mr skunk on winning that 1

http://www.upa2.com/snooker

not only that but we have recently started doing non league tournamnants that everyone can join without the need to join a league.

at persent i have a non league 8 ball tourney in progess with 128 people registered to play thats actually bigger than what fod allowes in a room ;)

http://www.upa2.com/8ball

a non league 9 ball tournament is set up to start on the 1st july

http://www.upa2.com/9ball

also something a bit different a combo non league tournament containing 8 ball 9 ball and snooker all in the same tournament is planned but a start date is yet to be set.

http://www.upa2.com/combo

well thats it for now but i do have many more things in the planning :p

Pot ;)
ive seen a lot of ppl dissing the mods...yeah sometimes it seems a little unfair if you are banned or booted for something you feel you havnt done. its like being told you cant have an ice cream or something when your seven....anyway the mods have a job to do, let em do it. get over ya problems and wait for ya ban etc to be lifted

stooooooooooooormy baby, streamy and ghosty...love ya mods