« Back to All Topics
The Approval System
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
The Approval System
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
The Approval System
Come on moderators, if this approval system for posts is going to work, at least there should be more frequent readings of posts by you mods. I made a post to a billiards topic some 10 hours ago now, and still I've yet to find it published.

Ridiculous! ;\
I'm sure one of my posts was not even approved a few days back and there was nothing wrong with it :| All that happens is you visit the forum and find that numerous posts are approved at the same time hours late.

And then you get 5 people all answering the same in a "question" topic because of delays. 

Agreed with Blood, if you are going to have an approval system, at least make it work.
How right is this.. lol I once posted a topic and it wasn't approved for almost 24 hours and just like chris's there was nothing wrong with it 100% agreed Blood.
I think this game should do wat the BBC 606 does. Your first few posts are moderated but then after that you become 'trusted' and posts are put on straight away. Would this work?
>I think this game should do wat the BBC 606 does. Your first few posts are moderated but then after that you become 'trusted' and posts are put on straight away. Would this work?

Maybe, it's been suggested before :) Not sure how it would stop people posting genuinely for the first few times until they get approved then let rip with all sorts of insults though :p

I'll tell you one thing, I'd like to find the idiots that forced the approval method!!
You mean there wasn't always one?
I thought there was too many overweight people posting,so an approval system seems the fairest way of getting them up and excercising,if their posts are not getting approved.

:D ;) :D
>I thought there was too many overweight people posting,so an approval system seems the fairest way of getting them up and excercising,if their posts are not getting approved.

slimfast works just as well :p

>You mean there wasn't always one?

Nope :)
No there wasnt,l there was freedom of expression, and lambs ran free in the hills, the valleys were lush and the skies were blue.....

then chris came along
It's approved by mods which are all voluntary i think they have loads of stuff to do anyway...... how about if fod could let ppl like blood and chris and fearnloathing a job of approving, (im not joking) or approve them part time with the help of the mods (hand in hand). i chose those 3 because out of all the posts i have read, these 3 people actually make sense.
ps....... so does coolcole93;)....i stand corrected :p

I think a "mini-mod" system would be a great thing to implement.  The forums that I use are not effected by the approval system, as we do not get the spammers and flamers the other forums do, but I spend alot of time looking through other forums and I am disappointed to see so many posts all approved at the same time.  Granting a few select individuals the ability to approve posts would do wonders for the entire site.  However, I suggest that there be limitations.

1.  Mods or Op can specify certain peoples posts can only be approved by an actual mod, as they have a habit of inappropriate posting.

2.  Mini-mods should only be able to approve in certain forums.  Different forums have different things that are acceptable.

3.  They must have no demerits or bans, and must have a minimum number of posts, all able to be understood.

That's just my opinion.  Not that my opinion matters, but I like to share it anyways :)

TeT
>i chose those 3 because out of all the posts i have read, these 3 people actually make sense.

I agree, theyre all good, decent and honourable forum users, however I can't hide my horror at not being voted myself, the reason being.....

I make sense alright, my friend, I make sense alright. It's just sense not a lot of people want to hear B-)
But Dave, mods aren't allowed to be humorous :O :p
That's why he recommended you...and not me ;)
> ps....... so does coolcole93....i stand corrected 

:);)

ps.....yay my quote is purple:)
> That's why he recommended you...and not me 

By he I meant ooooOOO0OOOooo lol
Champion Spammers to be Forum Mods ?

I hope not.

:O
Oh so theres a big taboo on humour now is there?? Brilliant.
lol dave. im sorry but under a long think about this my opinion stands....its only coolcole93 who scraped in with his begging letter lol..... u can still post...
but then again m8 we need mini mods with humour you experience in winding ppl up and making jokes would give you the ability to spot weather a post was nasty or fun,
good comments 'ilost' i'd include you as a mini mod......

(but who am i to choose :p)