« Back to All Topics
New TA Watch
New TA Watch
New TA Watch
On TA just adding to the diamond nail collection for the building effort. when BAM!!

King Baron Artos has tried to steal from you!!!

Sneaky Fran would laugh at the attempt just made to steal from you. 
You turn the tables
 on the unsuspecting thief and acquire 789 silvers from their backpack!
493 experience points earned!
You need 1 546 411 more experience points for the next level!

**Cant rob the R.Obber. Keep an eye out on TA for "The King"
MissedMe that was a complete acident I never meant to steal from you.

kh
Good enough...clicked an arrow or two I didnt mean too in my time. Thanks for posting up.
Robbed RalphTheRabidRooster on Larknor but he took his revenge on TA.  Not the done thing i think.

RalphTheRabidRooster: ha! sup Beer :)
RalphTheRabidRooster hits you for 401 hitpoints damage with her/his elvensteel lightsaber!
Your opponent's weapon vampirizes 76 hitpoints to her/him!
RalphTheRabidRooster: it's revenge from your steal :P
RalphTheRabidRooster hits you for 401 hitpoints damage with her/his elvensteel lightsaber!

Stealing from me on Larkinor (absolutely fine) but then running to TA and attemptinng to hide behind the gentleman's aggreement?

-RTD
And you knew anout the gentleman's aggreement.  Tut tut.

<<Of course I do, I was a founder of it.  It's there to help TA fighters, not protect Larki thieves ;) >>

[Edited by: RalphTheDog on Feb 23, 2007 5:39 PM]
I can and will attack anyone who is my evil person anywhere they run or hide.  even the bathroom is not safe! Mwuahaha.  

But really, the gentlemans agreement is great, but thieves and robbers really have no reason to expect safe haven there.

TeT
Being able to revenge on TA does make some sense....still it is problematic for Thieves. When I'm on TA I like to concentrate on the task at hand (get diamond nails for the building effort and increase my stealing level at the same time). If I have to worry about revenge on TA my thief and his clicks would most likely stay on Larki.

Just a thought
It may be problematic for thieves, but yet getting stolen from or robbed even on Larki is problematic for the victims.  I see both sides, I have robbers and thieves, and I get stolen from and robbed.  Basically just buck up and play the game.  It IS a game.
>When I'm on TA I like to concentrate on the task at hand (get diamond nails for the building effort and increase my stealing level at the same time). If I have to worry about revenge on TA my thief and his clicks would most likely stay on Larki.

you might not realize it, but that sounds like a great idea!... to the rest of us :p :)  diamond nails for the building effort is all fine and good... except that there are currently no buildings to build.  so all the nails are doing are making you richer, which isn't helping us at all.  as for increasing your stealing level... why on earth would that be an arguement for us to leave you there in peace?  that just gives you a better chance to get more/better stuff from us when you do steal :p

and as was already mentioned... the gentleman's agreement is there for a reason, and that reason is not so larki thieves/robbers can go hide on TA and expect to not get attacked ;)

--jason (just bugging you... all in good fun, as i hope you've realized)
True...but games have rules...Most of ours are unwritten. All I'm saying is that there's either a truce on TA or there isnt. If most of the main players have agreed against attacks then we should refrain regardless of revenge. Ralph got me (R.Obber)a week after I hit his house. It was on Larki and I was thinking "What is he part elephant":)? It was part of the game and no big deal. 

On TA If I can attack you because you stole from me then I should be able to attack you for all the other reasons we fight on Larki. Truly I'm ok with it one way or the other....I just felt the same way "Beer" did and wanted to share my thoughts. Seeing as it's one of the players I respect most in the game saying seek revenge I thought I'd share. What it may be is unfairly singling out one player aspect of the game over another.

I dont want to be aiding in the effort to clear a square and get jumped....my Robber is pretty good at hitting peoples houses. It's a slippery slope...we should discourage it.
everyone's opinions will differ on this topic... well, okay, almost everyone's.  anyway, here's mine:

if you rob or steal from me on larki, and try to use the agreement as a safe-haven on TA, and just pass the time by stealing nails, digging, etc... i will send you home (if i can).  if you go to TA to fight, i'll more than likely leave you alone, and get you later (this is more likely if i know and/or respect the evil person than if i don't... and also note that many people here disagree and will send you home regardless of whether you're fighting or not).

if you steal from me on TA, you can probably guess i'll get you whenever i feel like it, whether you're fighting or not ;)

anyway, just realize that there isn't one hard, fast rule (and we wouldn't expect there to be, seeing how it's unwritten).  be aware that people play differently.  choose how you want to play.  and hopefully it'll be a way that makes more friends than enemies.

--jason
I can and I will make a trip to TA just to send my evil person home.  I may even buy a boat for a character who doesn't have one.  It's hard enough finding your evil person as it is.  Everyone plays at different times of the day.  I won't pass up an opportunity to take down my evil one just because they are splatting.  If click count is a concern, thieves and robbers have some of the worst xp per click ratio anyways, so I don't really think that matters.

TeT
Glad this is now open to debate.  How I thought it went was once you are on TA you are safe and i would never try and rob anyone.  However if this is not the case anyone on Ta should be fair game.

Only my opinion.

Cheers Beer-Monster
>How I thought it went was once you are on TA you are safe and i would never try and rob anyone.

i'm sorry we have deceived you so.  i believe the original idea was something along the lines of thieves and famepoint hunters (simply attacking for a fame point or a few, not for revenge attacks) were making life miserable for people fighting on TA for the good of us all, then both of those were generally frowned upon, so most agreed to not do them.

there was then a similar debate about diggers, who were partially there to get rich fast, and partially there to dig oreputty for building efforts.  as i stated earlier, there are currently no buildings, so now when i'm there digging, i will be watching my back for well-known thieves.

anyway, long story short... i don't think many people ever understood TA to be a "safe haven" in terms of a hiding place, particularly for thieves and robbers.  that's what your house is for ;) (as the victim would then get out their crowbars, or something equally helpful :p)

--jason
It shouldnt be a hiding place.

I think the idea should be chasing a thief or robber on fresh pursuit is permitted to TA. If you just happen to run into them on TA a day or so later you should let it go...unless youre TeT who famously hates all thieves and robbers (we've talked about it before). 

I'd like to see the unwritten rules written down. I'd trust Ralph, Sandy, Lady, Jas...a few others to compile a fair list. If the main players enforced it they would be effective. I recall higher level players seeking revenge on a thief for me when I first stepped foot on TA...it was a nice feeling.

Regardless whatever we decide I'm for it...I'll just have to learn to be more careful on TA. 
I'm not too bitter as I was on my way to TA when I saw RalphTheRabidRooster with his back pack undone and an open invitatin to help myself.  I was going to TA to steel but not off anyone on the island as I thought we had a unwriten rule about these kind of things and as my guy is only on level 38 and most people on TA can kick my arse anyway.  Well you live and learn but it wont stop my chancing my arm on Larknor but I wont steel or attack anyone on TA.  Thats just what I think is right.

Good luck to you all and be lucky.
Little thread revivla here..just wondering if the "gentlemens agreement" still stand on TA? I'm running out of attackable players on Larki. 
I don't think there's a gentlemen's agreement anymore... if you feel the need to steal though, you might get sent home a lot. I don't mind being stolen from, but if I can attack back, I certainly will :)

i think in general, it's common courtesy (call it a gentleman's agreement if you'd like) not to steal from or attack people who are fighting on the front lines of TA.  it is a group goal to clear the island, so if i were fighting and got sent home, i might not come back til another day.  of course, there are people who disagree with me, and will say "attack as you wish".
also, i personally will not attack diggers or nail thieves, or steal from them... but others feel they're fair game, since they're just filling clicks, making 'easy' money.  do whatever you feel is good for you... to accomplish your goals in the game, and hopefully not make too many people upset with you in the process... that's my advice.
--jason
Thanks...It's a bit to think about...at lvl 33 there really arent too many players I can fight and I was hoping to boost the famepoins a bit more.