« Back to All Topics
Angry about High level character challenges
Ok, I'm no newbie, and I readily admit that I don't take this game as seriously as others, but what's up with very high level characters being able to attack a much lower level character?  And on TA no less!  My level 38 fighter, minding his own business, trying to clear a section from bad guys, got challenged, and very unceremoniously crushed, by a level 49 fighter!  Oh yeah, I took over 1500 points damage on the first hit (and there was only one hit)!! Where the heck is the fun in that?  I can only guess that "Mr. 49" got "upset" because I was in "god" mode, and I obviously am not a "god"!  Hey, y'all, lighten up!  Staying in "god" mode on TA ensures that I will get to fight something other than a lame blue or red city guard.  Want a challenge, you tough 11 level higher guys?  Switch to "god" on TA!  My level 38 has his hands full, but can, and does, beat most Red Axefighters and black city guards.  (I DO miscalculate and lose on occasion, but that's part of the fun!)  And, he gets maximum experience points per fight.  But, if challenge isn't "your thang", then stay in "shy" and take on all the wimpy, easily beaten monsters you can handle, and maybe even get your jollies by "challenging" some guy 11 levels lower! 
There should be a limit as to who can challenge who, and a way for a character (especially a low level one) to refuse a challenge.
nuff said.  Oh wait:  congrats Dark Vader!  You da man!!!
mthaole,

There is a sort of agreement not to PVP other players on TA, but not everyone follows that agreement. Either:
1) The player does not want to.
2) The player is not aware of the agreement.

Based on this posting Dark Vader may be targeted by lvl 48/49 characters, and if you come to chat and talk about your complaint, someone may take revenge for you, though I almost never see Dark Vader on TA. Personally, although my fighters are well built, I fight on shy because I think it give me the best experience per click. If you want the l+4 monsters, "formidable" works for that also and does not expose you to l+11 pvp attacks.

Another solution would be to participate in Jagatail's push towards North City. The square is a bit out of the way, so trouble makers would bother going there, and you would fight alongside other friendly players. 

Also, I don't know if you are aware of this, but there is only one square left bordering the southern city. When that square is cleared, then it will only be a matter of time before before nail thieving becomes impractical. There is the possibility Dark Vader was trying to defend that square.
like thomas said, most people obey a "gentleman's agreement" not to attack on TA... but not everyone does.  also, like he said, we think you get better exp/click on a lower mode (shy, or possibly as high as average).  the reason being, that on high ranking, you meet too many high lvl monsters that you can't always beat, and have to run from, wasting clicks.  fighting lower lvl monsters, you still get good exp, and often can go 2 or more monsters between healing, if you have a well-built fighter.

anyway, to answer your statement that there should be a limit as to who can challenge who... there is such a limit.  on average or below, it appears that only those at or below your level can attack you (or possibly a lvl or two higher if you have very high famepoints and they have very low).  the difference for god-mode is 10 lvl's (plus/minus depending on famepoint difference).  and like thomas said... if you drop to formidable, that changes significantly (i believe that is around 3 lvl's, plus/minus), while still seeing a lot of high lvl monsters which it appears you want to see.

as for a way to refuse a fight... no such thing.  if you want to be on a higher mode (on TA or larki) to see higher lvl monsters, that means you also have to accept the risk that you might get sent home by higher lvl char's from time to time.  on larki, i have no problem with that... on TA, i can't stand it, so i rarely fight on god-mode there.

--jason
I've clicked the attack button by mistake before. Am I the only one? You'd think Vader would know the agreement though. He's been playing for sometime. Well,it's happened to me too, being attacked on T.A, and stolen from. I was able to get my revenge though and warn the other player about the T.A deal.