« Back to All Topics
game freezing
game freezing
game freezing
Hi can anyone help please. On all my characters the game is freezing up on every click tho if left long enough sometimes gets there, otherwise have to refresh page. I've emptied all temp files & done anti virus & spyware scans (all were clean.)
Game was working ok earlier today.(All chars seem to have all correct data)
Been playing for months now without a problem til the site had its problem the other day.Did just download java a couple of days ago but tried uninstalling it to see if it made a difference - none, so have reinstalled it.
thanks.
No idea why but that often happens to me as well. I find that if the usual clean up of your pc doesnt help, next time you get frozen, switch characters and switch back.
Hardly the most technical of fixes, but hey, it works!

Cinder.
this is a different kind of freezeup - I've had same as you before & changing characters has always worked before.This is more like the first click after emptying temp files when it takes an extra second for the page to fill in only now its taking more like a minute if the page comes at all.
I can enter & exit the market & the page arrives eventually but any moves outside the market & I have to right-click & refresh the page on every click - makes the game impossible to play.
Have scanned with Norton, Ad-aware & regvac - tried with adwatch loaded & unloded, got spyblaster running. Have emptied temp files, deleted usual dodgy cookies & emptied history...i've run out of ideas....

Another thing I've just noticed is if I minimise the srceen then try opening it up again only an outline appears with my desktop still visible & the only way to see the page is to right-click where the page should be & refresh, then the page appears.
This is only happening with the character/game page, all other pages on my screen are working normally.
sounds like ur computer needs to go in the skip
only problem on pc is trying to play larkinor...
this happens to me sometimes too.  I found that if i click on the help tab and click on the "History & Backgrounds of Larkinor" this opens the map as a popup and unfreezes my character and it works every time where as refresh takes ages on my pc. 

I have had the same problem.  I have cleard cache, run anti-adware, run virus scan, rebooted and still.  I was haveing some Java issues so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now we will see what happens.
LD

PS I am hoping it is just a coincedence but it has happend on both my 'puters
I am still ahving the same problem with all 3 of my comuters now.  Major lag, more than a minute to refresh.  I hate to say this but if it keeps up m Larki days are numbered.

Sometimes the game just runs a bit laggy. Come back a day later and who knows! If your computer cache is in good shape it could be running fine.
Well Gen, that would be true in the past.  Ever since the system crash I ahve been having this issue.  I have cleared cache, defrag, reboot, traced the route from my PC to Larki to see if there are any delays.

I ahve tried 2 browsers on 3 different computers with both my sub and non-sub account and each one of them has >1min load time for each click I make.  

Not fun, and really getting frustrating. 
My girls can't even get out of the house!
Heeellllpppp!

A lot of users seem to be experiencing problems after installing the latest java update (v10-b3)

Many of them may have a corrupted java update, so i suggest you uninstall this latest update and then download a fresh copy and install it again.

I havent had any problems like this except a bit of lag once in a while, and i'm still running java 5 update 9. lol after the java update 6 i dont download updates unless i need them.
It happens to me a lot!
In order to play, I need to open the help window and to refresh it each time I make a move.
It is very annoying!

I guess there is a bug...

Glad I'm not the only one as have now tried many different anti-spy/ads/virus scans (incase the programs themselves were causing the problem - spyware dr for instance blocks the forum) & all are coming up clean but still cant play larkinor. 
Tried clicking on help which does do away with the need to refresh but still takes 30secs for each move & I dont have the patience for such a slow game. Logging on with different accounts makes no difference. 
In desperation I asked a friend to log on as one of my characters on his pc some miles away & he said it worked ok - hence all the different scan research & 3 days of scanning.
Apart from a couple of hours the day after the site server went down havent been able to play since.Am now getting bored of trying.
Will check forum for another couple of days to see if anyone manages to solve the problem.

Thanks to a fellow Larkinorian I downloaded Mozilla and use that browser to play the game.  It still isn't as good as before but very close.  There is a flash (literaly) of lag for each move but it doesn't freeze up at all. 
Just curious, those haveing trouble...were we all using IE?  Does anyone NOT haveing trouble use IE?
LD
i chat with IE and click with mozilla, IE is too slow for clicking, and Mozilla doesnt like chat. it's a pain, but it works:)
i use IE and am not currently having problems.  the odd time, it'll lag for 30 seconds or so, but that's maybe once every half hour, and is likely just my computer thinking for a bit.
--jason
I've had a lot of lag w/IE and firefox.

JCD
I have only ever used IE and except for the occasional blip have never had problems (versions 6 and 7, though 7 took some getting used to), though my connection at University is ridiculosly fast.
Ever since the crash, I have been having issues with both IE and Firefox.  I have deleted cookies and history.  I have cleaned up disk space and have run a defrag.  I have run a virus scan and Spybot.  There is really just nothing left for me to do.  I haven't had this type of lag since I got rid of dial-up and it is making it unpleasant to play.  I believe it is a FoD issue, not a TeT's yucky pc issue, and I would appreciate any help on the matter.

Thank you for your time, 
TeT
A system restore back to jan 18th didnt help either....
Playing on my mothers laptop in the next room worked fine.
I even checked the cookie files on both pcs to make sure I'm not deleting a necessary cookie.
Tried a few more scans - pc still clean.
Only thing I havent tried yet is using a different browser, am currently on IE.
firefox doesnt freeze the game but each click gets a yellow page before the game page so its not exactly fast. Also clicks in the market place are a bit jerky with a second or 2 lag aswell as the yellow page.
This at least reassures me its not a pc problem....
But doesnt help me play :(
Where are all the techies on this one ?? PLEASE HELP US !!!