« Back to All Topics
getting off the boat on TA
I looked around and I don't see the answer to this problem anywere, even the TA Guide thread.

I just got a boat and I went to the dock on TA.  I get immediately attacked by a blue city guard.  If I kill the guard, I'm immediately attacked by a 2nd guard before I can move or rest or anything.  And then there's a 3rd! I can almost always kill the first, sometimes even kill the 2nd, but I've never been able to kill #3.

I'm I doing something wrong?  Is this some kind of strength test to prove one's worthiness to get to TA?   How many blue city guards do you have to kill before it lets you off the boat?

You are using the wrong port, that's all. There are 3 ports on TA, one is cleared, two still have monsters.
you have gone to the wrong port.  go to sandy's site (www.larkinorguide.com) and look at "island maps" and make sure you're going to the port where the square is cleared.
--jason
Well no matter what port you landed at, those dead guards always look good.
while they're right, that's not the port most use, it is possible to kill there, you just have to go back on your boat between monsters to rest;) the port we generally use is the western port. it is clear, and there are several buildings.
Well, everyone told you that you have been sailing to the wrong port.  I shall take another approach and tell you how to get to the RIGHT port :p

Starting at north port on Larki, head north 16 clicks.  there is a little island on clicks 12-13 if that helps you remember.  Then head east 23 clicks until you reach the proper port on TA.

Hope this helps :)
TeT
It is a test of strength.  First you must kill a bunch of blue cityguards and then cut down the largest tree on T/A with a herring!  
nice try arcadius, but that's not true, and not helpful to someone trying to figure it out.
--jason
From the Port west of the town center on Larkinor

1 click West
19 Clicks North
the rest East

this will get you to the right port.