Posted in 
Billiards
RIP Paul Hunter
Posted in 
Billiards
RIP Paul Hunter

Hunter loses battle with cancer
snooker
Paul Hunter has died at the age of 27 after a battle with cancer.

The Leeds player was taken into the Kirkwood Hospice in Huddersfield last Friday and died on Monday evening.

The three-time Wembley Masters champion was diagnosed with dozens of neuro endocrine tumours on the lining of his stomach in March 2005.

Despite chemotherapy treatment, Hunter continued to compete professionally but won only one match last season and fell from fifth to 34th in the rankings.

Hunter turned professional at the age of 16 in 1995 and won his first major title, the 1998 Welsh Open, at the age of 19.

He also won the Welsh title in 2002 and picked up the British Open trophy the same year but he will be best remembered for his exploits at Wembley.

Hunter recovered from 7-3 down to beat Fergal O'Brien 10-9 in the 2001 final and fought back from 5-0 to beat Mark Williams 10-9 in the final a year later.

He completed a hat-trick of Masters victories in 2004 when he came from 7-2 down to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-9.

Hunter's best World Championship performance was reaching the semi-finals in 2003, where he led Ken Doherty 15-9 before the Irishman stormed back to win 17-16.

Hunter would have been 28 on Saturday. He leaves a wife, Lindsey, and a daughter, Evie Rose, who was born on Boxing Day of last year. 

:'( Legend of Snooker :( RIP Keep playing the tables up there:)
Rip paul you legend.

Cant believe he is dead, what a mint snooker player.
He had cancer in the stomach :(

I have made this name has a mark of respect.
Im aka has Denied, but use to play has Paul Hunter before quitting.

One thing for paul, he battled against the cancer and also played whilst he had treatment, now that is a legend thing to do.

RIP Mate :(
Great player

never forgotten

R.I.P

Enjoy snooker in heaven Paul (you'll kick all their butts) :)
Man... I just heard this 10 minutes ago from a mate who plays here. I'm shocked, lost for words really. I honestly never thought his condition was as bad as it obviously was... RIP :(
he would of been 28 on saturday:( a legend and a true proffesional/sportsman-he is an insparation to a lot of young snooker players like me,
you will be missed paul:)
Yes, rest in peace Paul Hunter, a great player and a brave man.

My thoughts and heart go out to his family. 

He will be missed around the snooker circuit. I hope the snooker establishment do something wonderful in his honour, maybe a tournament in his name.

Rest well paul

Whipinboy.
R.I.P Paul class player and a great person...
RIP

Hate to lose a superb player!
Terrible :( 
A great young star of snooker is gone...
Shocking news...speechless
sad...
RIP Paul Hunter
paul hunter was as good as any.  RIP m8 (y)
He was my favourite player...he had style, skill and was great for the game.
For a great tribute please check out: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvL94_lZ5-Q
PIDARS MOTKRUSIS  PIZDA BIBIS PISTIS  NAHUI
ASIALS GAIDYS PASOL NAXUI
I have no idea who this person was really (I have somewhat of an idea now) but I still want to extend my heart-felt sympathies to his family and friends.

RIP young Paul Hunter. May all your games in heaven be golden.

~Danny~
dannyphantom paul was a snooker legend born in leeds aged 29 and lost in a battle to cancer. he won 3 masters titles what is a major title. but he never won the world championship but people new one day he would win. before he died he was ranked world no 7

paul rip m8