Posted in 
Off-topic
steve irwin
Posted in 
Off-topic
steve irwin
He died after a stinrays barb got him in the heart :(

RIP :'(
I used to watch all his programs..and thought he was very courageous in what he did.

[img=
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/lorna51/d8jtro8o0.jpg
]

Monday, September 4, 2006 1:46 AM EDT

BRISBANE, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray during a diving expedition, Australian media said. He was 44.

Irwin was filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef in northeastern Queensland state when the accident occurred, Sydney's The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its Web site.

The Australian Broadcasting Corp. said Irwin was diving near Low Isles Reef near the resort town of Port Douglas, about 1,260 miles north of the state capital of Brisbane.

Queensland ambulance service spokesman Bob Hamil confirmed that a diver had been killed by a stingray off Lowe Isles Reef but refused to say who the victim was until relatives had been notified.

A rescue helicopter was sent from the nearby city of Cairns, and paramedics from it confirmed the diver's death.

"The probable cause of death is stingray strike to the chest," Hamil said.

[img=
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/lorna51/sline11.gif
]
A true legend has passed away, his personality was top notch, i'm very said i won't be hearing the words "coor crikey, isn't it amazing" ever again.
Absolute legend, was shocked to wake up to this news.

RIP
r.i.p steve  u will be sadly missed bye all :(

I am so upset by the news, as well as shocked. He was a true inspiration to everyone and anyone, taking his work to new limits. He was such a likable man, his qurikey personality and ways of which he works will be sorely missed. It seems weird that he is actually dead, as he seemed to be invincible. 

I just feel so sad that he is now dead.

Only 19 people have died from stingrays ever, how ironic that he died from one it is.

RIP Steve "crikey mate!" Irwin
Ripple thats pretty pathetic :S A legend has passed away and your there making your 'funny' comments and pictures. 

Get a life d00d!

And it is ironic how he lived the dangers of the world but got killed by a freak accident. I would have thought he would have died by a croc or a snake. Well he died doing what he thought was best and thats what he wanted.
Yes, I was absolutely shocked when I found out, I was at school and heard from classmates. This kind of thing really puts everything into perspective, that anything can happen to anyone at anytime. The loss of Irwin is a sad loss to this world:(. RIP

P.S Why have the forums changed again, it's just an excuse for people like "ripple" to spam with pointless garbage, while the approval system meant that even though the forums were boring, it was a clean place! Isn't that what you wanted?
Very sad loss,the guy was a bit reckless,outspoken,but passionate in what he did for wildlife,my kind of person..god bless stevie..
P.S..u sound like wildlife Bloodsimple,interfering on a very ,what some think to be a serious post..
kiddin lol...i'll tell u what..i think ur serious about steve irwin,but,why add the p.s?..send it to fod or something
You have just done exazctly the same thing......

R.I.P Steve.
Okey

There was a spam post by some childish idiot, that has since been deleted.... hence my PS.
A prompter moderation on this site would prevent misunderstandings..I.E..posts deleted quicker so people arnt confused..and when posts are deleted,maybe there should be a message left in the post to say a thread has been deleted..its an easy way out for a mod to just clear a thread and leave averyone else in the dark..take note mods..
He was very cool he was kinda crzy for trying to catch snakes though he is still amazing...

He will always be loved for what he has done..