« Back to All Topics
whos the best 3 pro snooker player's?
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
for me personally it would be no order : union jack aslo known as 147 heaven:p, ronnie o kiev ua calls player and, martinduffy when isaw him play he was on fire:O
ty robin but im far from best, if and when im on fire ive never lost but i aint a consistent player cos have a busy work life.  but when i had all the time in the world i rarely lost 

[Edited by: LadyDie on Aug 25, 2006 2:47 PM]
Loads of players could be worthy of being on this list, but here's 3...

Rick Asley
Tegebroso (sp?)
Ronnie O.Kiev
yes ronnie is class gruezi can be amazing too but not many are consistent.  bwfc can be awsome and some may disagree but i think serious r is a very good contender.  

[Edited by: harrydog WG on Aug 27, 2006 4:23 PM]
surley theres more people with their opinions come on lets have em

erm, whos union jack and why is he claiming to be me?
i mean that in the nicest possible way m8 u need to play more that brown ball dont suit u.  bring bk the pinks
Rolo147
Skilled Cue
the whirlwind
:)?
serious r.... is a fluky player and he plays balls lower than him self .. oh yes when he plays higher balls he gets a good seeing to , im rubbish so dont even go there 
oh! and serious r has a filthy mouth is a bad sportsman 
and talks you of your game if your winning ... there are a few other names i could mention but who cares its meant to be a fun game if people want to be that serouse about it then fine just dont exspect me to be

the best player is the subscriber that has the highest points Snooknull25 at moment all other names dont count .
>the best player is the subscriber that has the highest points Snooknull25 at moment all other names dont count .

Ummm no??? What do points have to do with it.

The best snooker players are the ones who play for fun, are always courteous to their opponent, and who never cause trouble or say naughty words.

Points are totally irrelevant. Just because someone has more points than you do, does not mean they are a better player. It simply means they have won more games.

The game is about having fun, and when people insult you etc just because you won the game, or play a little slower than they would like, they ruin the fun aspect of it. People who ruin the fun and spirit of the game are by definition "bad players", regardless of what skill they may ormay not have potting balls.

Very well said john  m8 .long time no c m8 hows u anyway . 

I seriously disagree with Veriac and Devils Robust response. (More sucking up ;)) 
The best players are those who can actually pot, not a red ball who doesn't chat or even plays for fun.
Consistancy = Class = Best!!

a bundle of things make a good player great....

clearly skill is an issue, having skill will make a player be noticed by other top players therefore giving a certain amount of respect simply based upon skill

secondly, once this first level of respect is shown a good player will show him/herself to be better when they show a decent manner within the game...

finally what truly makes a great player great is humbleness, the ability to appreciate another players skill and not claim that he or she is the best constantly,

the only player i can think of who possesses all these elements is martinduffy....

concidentally duffy do you ever post on the libertines forum :)?
ok ive just thought of another player who fits in to this category also, ronnie o kiev,

there are lots of good players throughout this site, the list is endless really, but what really seperates the top players from the rest is the points i have stated in the post above...

i agree whole heartedly with Veriac, points dont mean a thing on any site...
I agree with your comments Collision...the gr8 players are the ones who play with pride, integrity and respect. To be honest, I can name only a handful that fit the bill. I know a lot of crowns and high rated players who I wouldn't give the time of day too because of obvious reasons: They are foul mouthed, disrespectful and have no integrity wotsoever. The most well known and respected players speak for themselves, I need not mention their names. But to the rest of you kids who are ratings slaves..take a leaf out of their books and play with decency because in the end..you can only earn respect, it's not a given.
JasonW :-B
Would also like to add...I agree with my friend here and say that Martin Duffy is a class act and always plays like a gentleman. If every player here followed by his example, there would be no problems and not a dem in sight. He epitomises the perfect player and is my honour to know him as a friend.
By the way, get ready for the onslaught of replies from the idiots who will take the opportunity to tarnish this thread :p
it aint about potting unless you got the position to back it up.  anybody can pot its where the white goes people have trouble with. 
cheers jason who are u by the way ??? 
The 3 best:

1. Nish
2. Max
3. Greenie
Er Nish, my name was supposed to be where u puts ur im afraid m8 soz :p

totaly agree with Collision Course about the things which make a good player great, verry well said m8.
Unfortunly not many player have all those things, but martinduffy is sure one of them(take it up m8).

Cowen 

Re: whos the best 3 pro snooker player's?  Posted: Sep 6, 2006 11:01 AM  

I seriously disagree with Veriac and Devils Robust response. (More sucking up ) 
The best players are those who can actually pot, not a red ball who doesn't chat or even plays for fun.
Consistancy = Class = Best!!

-----------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------

Cowen? wutz yur prob anyway .and what do you mean by saying more sucking up ? i dont even play at fod anymore so wut u on about. veriac  happens to be my friend and one of many i have at fod . i dont suck up to anyone Cowen and if you were to read the rules at fod, you may notice that it encourages players to report improper behavour. Like john said the game  is for fun.We dont need trouble makers so if i see one i will  report it in a flash. thats not sucking up. thats  trying to keep a family online site a fun  place to go

If you don't play, why poke about in the forum ;)
Hey Duff, ;) IM Jason, you know me m8..kekekekekekeke, can't wait for our next match, always a pleasure :p
mainly cuz i  like to read ppls  opinions on things, and i have been at Fod for almost 6 yrs now so i know alot of things that ppl ask about.Jus cuz i dont play the gm doesnt mean i cant post or reply to  post in  here. i know several ppl who post in here  that dont play and i also know several ppl at fod who dont play the gm   but are tds in the lgs. Who knows mayb im one of them;) 
guys stop these names who dont play anymore we are talking about now not has beens.  not that i disagree they are truly great players. 
cheers collision and ronnie.  i try to play as fair as i can but most of all i try to play the best i can.  i aint bothered how high i am its about playing well for me and enjoying some good competition i find it makes me better at times. 
ohh and tim timsen is in my list now 
i agree with all of you that martin is a number one gentleman on this site...and the way he plays its making it just better:)   just like duffy i dont have alot of problems with people here(or people with me)...but the difference just is that he's 10times better and more consistent at his position game...always enjoy to play him or to watch a game
I agree with that, and Ronnie also also fits the description. I find that both will give me a game irrelevant of ratings, and neither are resentful of losing should I get lucky.
Ive got 3 favourites who always stand above rest to me

Fret
Martin
Ronnie

Because not only are/were (not been on in a while :p) good players but good sports aswell, well most of the time anyway unless there high up :p jk ;).

Dont think y'al meet a nicer person than duffy (martin) :D

I think this subject needs to change!

"whos the best 3 pro snooker player's?" This is not a vote on who is good while also being a good sport. It is purely for who is the best!

My vote's are for people I have seen play! (So if people don't agree, don't bother to currect me, because it is just my opinion based on what I have seen with my own eyes)

Scotty - the kid is class!
Novice - he is class, despite him being a complete plant pot!

I can't give a 3rd person, because I haven't seen any one else who is good enough to be in a best list!

ty Matt :D
the best players have to be YummyDotCom 
                            Hara Kiri 
                            and Rizla
i think the best players on snooker are:

tenebroso
blue boy
Ronnie o.kiev

8-ball:

matt
daniel
jay 
and more but they r the principal

9 ball:

hull lad
ric
jay
and more:)

thats all;) 
I don't even play snooker:p, and I don't think Rizla does atm either.
well....  whoever as been watching the other so called top 3 abviously seen them on a good day apart from duffy who can play the game.anyway my 3 in order are Mr stoned B.W.F.C then martinduffy a class forget the other so called :p:p
Мαѕѕε Cυε™:>
tenebroso:>
Bloodsimple:>
I have more than 3...but to give u an idea:

Fret
Jaswild
Martin

There are quite a few others in the above player's leagues but I've just mentioned them :p
They all still currently play, well maybe not on the nicks listed above...but the nicks they are playing with are still class...some things never change :D
how can you say serious r plays lower balls andybbbbbb he plays high balls and you say you dnt take game serious you must do you care bout your points you play (red) ball all time i used to not no more i play (green) (brown) if i lose i lose but i stay green im a true green nearly brown what are you andybbbbbbb jasonw macky champ chas rick asley schimmi no1 bloodsimple load more can play and beat each other all class players depends on form at the time but they all classy good luck all and well played the top 20 from darren 163
> for me personally it would be no order : union jack
> aslo known as 147 heaven:p, ronnie o kiev ua calls
> player and, martinduffy when isaw him play he was on
> fire:O

+1

any ss of 100+ in snooker i would like for my website. e-mail too dj_geo@hotmail.co.uk 

thank you