« Back to All Topics
ADULT ROOM
Posted in 
General
ADULT ROOM
Posted in 
General
ADULT ROOM
im just wondering if any of the adults in fod / 3D Billiards are tired of the chilish crud in the public rooms. If your 18+ reply to this bulliten if you would like a peaceful room and let the KIDS be by themselves

[Edited by: LadyDie on Aug 21, 2006 9:20 PM]
how would this work?  I mean yes it is a good idea, but how would they filter the people that are under 18...yes they could do it by birthday, but then if they really wanted in they would just go and create another nick...good idea, but I personally don't think it would work out that well
Yeah just register the credit card and it will (Y)

[Edited by: RalphTheDog on Aug 22, 2006 7:51 PM]
lol alot of the percentage of trouble makers here at  fod are adults

Cowen, what your saying is a VIP room...not a adult room, if you have to pay for a sub to even get in then it will indeed be a disaster...all i'm saying is it will in the long-run not work out
I agree with Devil, and also there are many under 18's who do act with a great deal of maturity on here ;).
I think the idea of an adult room is a good idea... but more of an unmoderated room where people can say what they want. That way if people want to talk rubbish all the time they can, and to make sure they use that room the minimum punishment in the others should be high.
And what about those of us who are mature and abide by the rules, under 18 who just get left behind to face these "KIDS"(as this seems to be the generalisation made in the original post) I see many people 
of all ages
 who insult, swear, abuse etc. Deal with the larger problem, if an adult room was made what's to stop people lying about their age?

But if you really want it go for it, i would like to see how long a room like this would remain a "peaceful room".

Regards

A kid

i think he just cant handle loseing to a kid?:p ime 15 btw:D 
I was just talking about how bad fod has gotten since all these kids started playing. Don and I were wishing for a room of 18 and over only. 
I'm so close to quitting, due to the disrespectful kids. They have no respect for anything.
                      Vanilla

sum1 came up with this idea wen i 1st came on this site 5yrs ago and as u can tell no1 did n e thing about it then
huh???

Ok on topic anyhow, this idea would work in a unmoderated room however it couldn't be age defined as filtering age would become a hassle to have to go through for both mods and players...however a unmoderated room I believe wouldn't be that bad of an idea, an adult room is though
Like I said, have an "adult room" for bad behaviour, not the other way around. Just have someone click a tick box accepting that the room is unmoderated. Those who want to be abusive can go in there, and the punishment in other rooms can be made larger. I personally reckon such a room could be quite fun ;)
I believe that the 'adult room' idea is not going to work and will not be implemented. Also me being a kid would mean if I played then I would have to put up with insults about my mum by crude little chavs or wannabe gangsters roaming these rooms.

Beppe's idea on an unmoderated room I think is a better idea, but not sure whether overall it's going to work.

If you make a adult room people are gonna basically abuse others and i feel having a adult room would led to an increase of players getting banned and just having an adult room doesnt mean just adults will go there, kids can lie about their ages and no one knows, i get abused by most people from age 10 - 40 it will never stop, kids nowadays from the age of 5 basically know all the swear words lol thats basically the truth.
i think the idea of creating an adult room is not good .everyone have rights to play here .

[Edited by: Night Ranger on Oct 10, 2006 8:42 AM]
If all us kids are to blame, why not just make it so you have to be 18+ to register?
For goodness sake... PEOPLE FAKE THEIR AGE!!!
yes i'm tired of being hassled by all those rude sandboxers, if i wanted to play with a bunch of brats id play with my own kids.
You would think that being a mother you would have the maturity, patience and sense to either ignore their comments or mute them. If you don't want to hear them, you don't have too. On second thoughts, FlyOrDie being the way it is, you would have to be spend alot of your timing muting people. Waste of time in my opinion. I like the idea of the unmoderated room as opposed to 18+ because, for example, Schimmi is over 18 and one of the most immature people I've ever met. And what's to stop under 18s registering using their mum and dad's card? 

This is offtopic but FlyOrDie moderators, how come a post like Pure Skill's, where he claims that no one likes Chris, isn't removed? It's posts like that, that ruin this forum and start arguements. Get a new Bishi soon as, it'll be one of the best moves you will make in a long time.
Like you said some of us have 

>patience and sense to  ignore their comments

:D
hmm kids could still enter the adult room..
Adult room, just isn't very realisitc, numerous ways to get around it. If "kids" are disrespecting you (which usually is takes two to tango) then simply mute them. No need to suggest another room to be made just so the adults can fight among themselves without the interuption of kids. We all have the right to play in any room on here, and if an "adult room" goes up, the suggestions on here will be unbelievable for other rooms.

Signed,
Another Kid
What is needed is for somesort of system where a persons internet address is remembered (IP OR ISP) and when they are banned there ip is banned too...
its just as easy to change ur IP as well, there are a lot of people with that ban who still play, and are still subbed.
Awww as Im frequently told Use the mute button,and prepare yerself for certain hours of the day where NO Class is the Main Class.
Like right now 2:30 am,Im off work and 99% of the time Runners rule the 9Ball set..
I know this,so it's at MY risk to play at this time.
And if I get mad,I deserve to be punished,because,as a REGULAR here,you know what yer getting.
Deal with it,and Have a good time.
people that change their IP's?  No, it's called dial up, changes your IP adress at every log in.
Mute all kids is the simple answer :D and mute all adults that act like kids too :p
actually fearn, you are able to change your IP (Internet Protocol) address. Although I wont explain on here as Im not sure that its meant to be tought to people.
Very much so,a decent idea would be to supply a birth certificate picture/scan to prove they are over 18,and being new here,I've already seen quite a few immature kids around here...an unmoderated room might be quite good if you have  to supply a birth certificate ;)

-Jerry
Sadly, most of the "kids" as you decribed them, are actually adults, who just happen to behave like children.

Its the nature of the internet, a place where people can act whatever age they feel like without people seeing their real age.