« Back to All Topics
2006/2007 Fantasy Football
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
Last year a few of you expressed an interest in joining Yahoo Fantasy Football. It has just started, here are the details for the group I have set up:

http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football

Group Name: FlyOrDie
Group Id: 1159
password: flyordie

Points are started from the beginning of the season, if you join later you will find yourself behind. The rules are explained on the site.

Join the game, join the group and good luck to everyone!
BUMP

8 days left, get in for the start of the season so that you don't have a points disadvantage!

If you like football, get in and make a team. You can leave the group any time you like or just stop playing if you lose interest. There are so many of you who would enjoy this!
COME ON GUYS, IT'S 100% FREE TO ENTER!

Let's get some real competition going! Henry, Hara? Where are you guys?
Two days left until the start of the season, last chance to join in so that you don't get a points disadvantage!

There are a lot of you interested in football, I am suprised that not more have joined in.
I don't have a yahoo I.D. or something, will it take long to get one?
Bah Ashley Cole doesn't look like playing anytime soon - who to replace him with...
No, takes a couple of minutes to set up an id then about 10 mins to choose a team. However, the more research you put in to see who is injured, suspended, on the bench etc., the more likely you are to score good points.

Hints: Shevkshenko and Ballack are good buys, their values will rocket if they play well.
ONE DAY LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in there NOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
For those of you who miss the start of the season, you can join at any time. It's still fun, but you'll have to work harder to catch up if you miss the first week or three!
I messed my name up and don't how to change it. I'm in, as 'FlyOrDie'. Anyone know how to change it?
Once you've signed in to Yahoo! Sport Fantasy Football, you can click on the "Edit" button next to My team in the right margin. There you can edit your team name as well as your email address, time zone, and the option to receive a weekly reminder. Good Luck :)
It's underway now, and some people haven't had a good start. Don't worry, the results tend to go up and down all the time. Here are some hints:

Check your players, some are defensive and may not score points. Others may get extra points, for example corner takers tend to get in successful crosses. I check my team every week to make sure that players are not suspended or injured, and try to pick players who are likely to play most of the game. Remember that if you sell a player who was bought cheaply, if their price has risen you have to pay that to get them back - so if I am missing a star player for a just week I am likely to keep him rather than discover I can't afford him later.
Hey everyone :)

Just joined with my team 'The Rejects', don't laugh if i do poor i'm not much of a football fanatic ;) but it looks fun.

Just a few noob questions: 

Do you pick a new team each week or do you keep them, and if a player is suspended or injured do you keep them or have to buy another player to replace them? Or is that player automatically put on the transfer list?
oh and what does it mean in the team sheet where it says "opp" and has things like @wat or ful (i guess these are the teams watford and fulham but what is opp and what does the @ symbol mean?)
I have a question for those who live in europe....
On the sport news u see.. do they show news about the mesican soccer league???? 
Chris

You have to have 11 players selected to be able to score points. If any players you have selected are injured or suspended, that doesn't matter - but they individually will not score points. It is possible to pick one team and keep it for the season, but you are more likely to do well if you change players depending on form or who they are playing. The opp is the opponent/s they are playing next week, and if it says @ then it means they are away 
at
 that team's ground. No @ means they play at home. As the season settles in, you can sort the player lists by average points, and that helps someone who knows nothing about football to see who is doing well.

A useful tool is the current injury list:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Because of the salary caps, you may want to keep a star player if you bought them cheaply and they are not injured for long. This list is not always acurate, but gives a general idea of who is likely to play. I use the Sky Sports website each week to see the match previews, and if you are resourceful you might be able to pick up a suspension list from somewhere ;)
Thanks for that Beppe i understand completely now ;)

So i guess i should have looked at whether people actually play games or are just left on the substitute bench before i started buying. Ahh well still have time to alter my team, anyway i managed to get rooney should be a good thing :D (maybe it isn't but that's just me being a person who doesn't know much about football buying a player that is supposedly quality :D)
I'll enter this Beppe mate, for sure.

The meister B-)
From other peoples matches etc. What's a good amount of points to get off one match?
Sup peepz aint been on for a while but its good to see that you've continued both the football discussion and the fantasy football. Sorry bout the late reply and entry into the league but i've just returned to the forums and seen it today so i'll be keeping my team up to date and want to wish everyone luck in the fantasy league.

Henry 14 :D:D
> What's a good amount of points to get off one match?

It varies from week to week. Players averaging double figures are good, but if you can score over 100 in one week (double if at least some teams are playing twice) you are doing well. Some weeks you'll score 30ish, others you will do really well.

Welcome Dave and Henry :)
There is a break for international week, so no points will be scored. Watch out though, sometimes the FA might sneak a game in these weeks and a few people will catch on and score loads of points :)
just bringing this up a page or 2 incase any1 else wants to join:D