« Back to All Topics
nominate color + replace balls for foul and a miss
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
there are a lot of players who do not even attempt to get out of a snooker, they just play it dead in a safe position. In the real game, as we all know, the balls are replaced if the player doesnt hit the nominated ball. Other snooker games have this feature why shouldnt FOD ? 

your thoughts............ 
>In the real game, as we all know, the balls are replaced if the player doesnt hit the nominated ball.

Apparently not all of us know the actual rule. Not all fouls are a miss, a referee is required to decided whether or not the shot was a good enough attempt to play the ball. How do you propose that fod impliment a refereeing decision based on discretion?
I understand your point beppe because there is a lot of confusion on that topic in real life aswel.

I think fod should make us nominate colour though because it makes people fluke a lot less.
i agree with beppe.. its the referees discretion wether to call a miss so its not good to have on here, and i also agree with the point that we should nominate our ball because if you're snookered in the reds for example people jus play to the baulk colours and don't lose points for hittin the wrong ball, whereas if we did have to nominate we would have fair decisions on this ;)

I 100% agree with nomination.
Dear Beppe, i know the rules of snooker and i am well aware of the difficulties faced in implementing this rule. I was merely offering the subject up for discussion. It is not an opportunity for people to smugly state the bleeding obvious in a vain attempt to bolster their presumably fragile ego. Maybe it is impossible but lets not give up on it just because you say so. 

There could for example be a region around the object ball where the white would have to pass otherwise it would be deemed a miss. 

These are the type of suggestions and lateral thoughts i was hoping to provoke. as opposed to the easy, negative superiority you seem so quick to purvey.
If you appreciate that it's "bleeding obvious" then there is no need for the thread at all.

Maybe you are just repeating an already discussed topic in a vain attempt to bolster your presumably fragile ego? Okay that's unfair, but come on mate - if you are going to bring it up again, at least have a good idea about how fod might implement this into the program logic.
Beppe me old mate,

firstly
, i do not spend much time in the forum and therefore have not seen this post before.

secondly
 it is a post related to the game unlike most of them on here

thirdly
 it is an important issue regarding gameplay.... therefore deserves reiterating, petitions work that way (the more the merrier.)

fourthly
 i am just a keen player not a computer programmer, geniuses like yourself are the very prey my message was intended to inspire, lets hear some wisdom oh great one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
as previously stated there could be a region around the object ball...

and perhaps the person could be put back in to shoot again for a limited number of times (once or twice)

the accuracy of them game lends itself to a discretionary penalty if the white doesnt come within the vicinity of the object.

i do not think this is a ridiculous post and i would appreciate if you took it more seriously

FOD please make SOME additions to this game, so many suggestions no implementations !!!!!!!!!

i so totally agree to the nomination...i m begging for this to happen for years,com on fod plz do me this little favour..:p