« Back to All Topics
SNOOKER: FOUL ON LAST BLACK
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
how come everytime you pot the white whilst on the last black the person with the most points after the foul has been given wins the match? I was playing a friend earlier and it was a close situation where i needed black to win and i put him tight on the cushion, he then fires to double the black and then he pots the white, and it results in my win?? its idiotic even though he could have won if he potted the black himself. Needs to be fixed in your next update on 31st of Juvember ;)
Hmmmm not sure if it's a rule of the proffessional game or not in real life, it does stink as a rule though lol
i believe it is a rule on the tie-break situation but i don't think it is a rule in normal gameplay, something that could do with being checked :p
a) When only the Black is left, the first score or foul ends the frame excepting only if the following conditions both apply:
(i) the scores are then equal, and
(ii) aggregate scores are not relevant.
(b) When both conditions in (a) above apply
(i) the Black is spotted,
(ii) the players draw lots for choice of playing
(iii) the next player plays from in-hand, and
(iv) the next score or foul ends the frame.
(c) When aggregate scores determine the winner of a game or match, and the aggregate scores are equal at the end of the last frame, the players in that frame shall follow the procedure for a re-spotted Black set out in (b) above.

analyse that :D
well taking these rules into consideration, the foul shouldn't have ended the game.. as i was only 1 point behind. And even if the game should have been ended, couldnt FlyOrDie change the rules to allow the frame to be finished completely anyway, as much as i got the win for it, it is a bit annoying to win like this, so as i was 1 point behind, a 7 point foul made me +6 in front which means my opponent could have potted the black and won 
I watch snooker a lot on tv and to be honest i never knew about this foul until i started playing FOD. I don't think they would remove the foul because they try to keep it as realistic as possible, but like you said it's annoying, it's the same if your infront and you foul the black. 

You could literally pick the black ball up and walk off with it in a real match and still win :D
>a) When only the Black is left, the first score or foul ends the frame excepting only if the following conditions both apply: (i) the scores are then equal...
>>well taking these rules into consideration, the foul shouldn't have ended the game

Unless his foul made the scores EQUAL, then yes the fould SHOULD have ended the game. It's a simple rule - unless the foul ties the game, then it ends it. Snooker has always been this way in real life.
i apologize i read it wrong, but it is still an unfair way to win which ever way you look at it, i hate it, and if it dont get updated ill not be too fused i jus have to put up with it
>and if it dont get updated ill not be too fused i jus have to put up with it

No, don't just put up with it. Write to World Snooker and ask them if they can get the WPBSA to change the global rules. I am sure that they will agree that they have been wrong for too long now. Here is their contact information in the UK for you:

World Snooker
Second Floor 
Albert House 
111-117 Victoria Street 
Bristol 
BS1 6AX 

Tel: +44 (0)117 317 8200 
Fax: +44 (0)117 317 8300 
beppe.. as much as you like to dig at people for your own amusement, i will rise above the last immature comment, i was just stating a fact that it would be better for a game to be finished properly. By the way if thats the best you got for a dig give up while ur still ahead 
>i was just stating a fact that it would be better for a game to be finished properly.

It is currently finished properly. What you are requesting is that FoD change the rules so that the game is NO LONGER finished properly.
Why cant people accept this rule X-(, its been like this for ever, 1 scoring stroke on the final black unless there is a 7 points difference...

so what you think people should be allowed to play for snookers on the black....?
Beppe you complete idiot! Now i see why nobody likes you, you fool. Didi is asking a question about flyordie, and u have to be an idiot over it. Most of the posts on the forum are total rubbish, but he is asking a question about the games. Why do u post on this forum? Some people use the forum for help on flyordie games, and you have idiots like you who try and be sarcastic all the time. If you have nothing good to say then dont reply. Oh sorry i forgot you cant! The forum is your life. Pathetic :(
Now dont reply looking to start another arguement in a topic, just read this and listen muppet :)
i think you will find, many people will support Beppe as opposed to you, Beppe has clearly answered this guys question, case closed Beppe is right...
Bros. be quiet thx :) Beppe has his own little group who will support him, because the likes of you think he is helpful and funny most probably lmao! Grow up and stop trying to protect each other. He was having a lil dig at that player and its pathetic because he does this kind of stuff in every topic :(
na i dont find him funny, i find him truthfull and helpful, unlike people who hide behind nicks to insult on forum....
Idiot, sarcastic and muppet three words that come to mind, when beppe is mentioned. When is he helpful anymore??? He use to be actually on alot of stuff, then he became those three words i just mentioned :(
go read his first reply in this topic, i cant see ANY hint of sarcasm there... its when people reply with stupid comments "if they dont change the rules" etc etc, i think beppe (cos i do) gets fed up with these peoples lack of knowledge & common sense, coincidentally you fall in to this category :| ul
you get fed up with it? lmao you really have no life. Seriously u dont, just because someone might not no rules or knowledge of the game u get fed up ;\?
no its when people inform them of the rules, even quote from the official rule book, and they still dispute them
Oh, well then they are just dumb :) nothing u can do about that, just ignore the post i suppose
>Didi is asking a question about flyordie, and u have to be an idiot over it.

Actaully, as Bros said I gave him a straight and clear answer:
>>Unless his foul made the scores EQUAL, then yes the fould SHOULD have ended the game. It's a simple rule - unless the foul ties the game, then it ends it. Snooker has always been this way in real life.

HRUN, I take it that your later repsonse about Didi - "
Oh, well then they are just dumb "
 - means that you now understand that I was right?
Beppe chris posted the rules ;\ u just added your little bit so u dont get left out. He was helpful, where as u majority of the time are sarcastic. :)
Didi did not understand Chris's reply, so I HELPED explain it to him. Now do you have an 
actual
 point or are you just digging holes for yourself?
U know my point u silly fool or cant u read ;\ ? Nobody likes you only your little group of muppets.

1. Stop posting on every topic
2. Stop causing arguments in most topics
3. Stop being sarcastic majority of the time
4. Dont try and be funny, coz your not
5. If you have nothing good to say, or something that is not helpful on good topics, then dont reply.

Now thats just a few, read them carefully you really need to. You can try and have a go at me all u like :)
I don't need to have a go at you, anyone reading your posts will have worked out that you fit your dscriptions better than I do.

>Stop posting on every topic

For the record, average posts per day (approx):
YOU - 36
ME - 2.12

That is NOT taking into account that you probably make a new nick to spam with every day.
Obviously a spaz lmao. You cant read can you? Trying to twist words making out i post more than u when i joined today and already said why i posted alot today. We will see who posts more, and also how many you make over the next few days. If you are unhelpful and sarcastic you will be reported to a mod goodbye :)
You probably make a new nick to make 30+ posts every day. Why else create a new nick, if it's not because you are hiding the truth about yourself?
Is it against the rules to have a few names ;\?
Okay hurricane, I tell you how things are without sarcasm.

People don't often take STRAIGHT answers, as didi has proved. Often asking the questions they do in the first place shows them not to be too bright (no reference to didi), but when you give them a straight answer they argue that you are wrong. Sarcasm drills it home thay they are wrong and need to take a look at what they are saying - for example my 2nd response to didi in this thread.

People like you hurricane don't take straight answers. You like to twist things, make new nicks and hate campaigns, jump on bandwagons etc. What you don't like doing is LISTENING. I always start off trying to help people, even if it's to point out that they are being ridiculous. You backing up lost causes is also ridiculous. I'll tell it to you straight - you have no arguments against me, because you only ground is to back up people who have made idiotic comments. My guess us that you ARE didi, or someone else who couldn't take a straight answer about your mistakes. That's the only reason you have to hide behind a new nick.
Please refer to my last comment fool? Nothing to do with other names, does not change a thing. I still would have the same opinion u fool. Do you think you can go 2 or 3 days without posting? I set u this challenge Beppe, prove once and for all you have a life and are not a forum addict. At 12am, you can not post on any topic until friday ;) Do you think you can do that ;\
Sorry to butt in but a few weeks back he didn't post on the forum for over a week. So he's kind of already succeeded.
1. no offence was taken by ur last post beppe :p i know you was right in this post and i accept that ( n by the way i'm not usually that dumb it was 5am in morning) lol

2. all these arguments need to be sorted. I'll admit it is a forum and it is a place for debates, but arguing with each other in every topic is wrong. I'll admit i've done it myself and i'll stop it. If we are going to debate a topic within the forum, lets do it sensibly and responsibly, not resorting to calling people "spaz's" or complete idiots as you did with me beppe ;) just calm it all down n we wont have as many topics deleted as we do
oh and i aint hurricane by the way :p just thought id clarify that, if i got something to say i'll say it myself ;)
>Please refer to my last comment fool?
Of course there is nothing wrong with having multiple names, but making a new one and 30+ posts each day to call people forum adicts makes you a loser.

>Nothing to do with other names, does not change a thing.
I believe it would show up you up even more.

>I still would have the same opinion u fool.
Exactly my point.

>Do you think you can go 2 or 3 days without posting? I set u this challenge Beppe, prove once and for all you have a life and are not a forum addict. At 12am, you can not post on any topic until friday  Do you think you can do that
Easily, but listening to you is a much harder task.
>no offence was taken by ur last post beppe
NP, none was intended to be honest.

>If we are going to debate a topic within the forum, lets do it sensibly and responsibly, not resorting to calling people "spaz's" or complete idiots as you did with me beppe
Um, I don't recall calling you any of these things (go back and check). The one time I suggested that some people are not too bright, I also said "no reference to didi".

>just thought id clarify that, if i got something to say i'll say it myself
That's the best way :)
Oh so does that mean u will accept my challenge :D? Did u notice as soon as i asked Beppe something, chris answered for him ;\? It is the same when Bros, or chris or other, one of the others replies for them just to show there support lmao which is hilarious.
no beppe, for the spaz bit i was referring to hurricane calling you one :p
and to be honest (sry 4 postin 2 straight just thought on lol) beppe u do give some good advice i been watching forum for ages on other nicks.. made this 1 and finally decided to post, and all this arguing does need to stop, beppe was right, and to be honest hurricane u was very quick to answer :) lol 
>Oh so does that mean u will accept my challenge
No, listening to you would really make me a loser. Unless of course you accept and pass a Darwin Award challenge, in which case I'd be lmao too much to post anyway.
Cant you two just insult each others mums and get over this?
>Cant you two just insult each others mums and get over this?

Okay, I'm outta now that the most popular person on FoD speaks his mind ;)
"chris answered for him"

yes i said something that totally made your point obselete in the hope to make you a little more quiet. Your acting as if we have some kind of hareem going on, i make points based on what i read, and what i'm reading is posts by you which are useless which don't get anyone anywhere.
Don't worry Beppe, I know how hard it can be for mere members to communicate to someone with as much fame, influence and gravity as I obviously do. Just pretend im a normal person, much like you are ;)

Hard, but not impossible.

Suit.
Personally i found it quite easy to do what you just said ;\
HAHA @ the original posting by didi bigz lmao!!!
at the end, 31st of Juvember HAHHAHAHAHA ;)