Big breaks from the break
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Hi all..long time no see..just another observation for you to mull over

When I play Snaxx (amongst others) he always hits 20 after sinking a red in the middle bag...now I have voiced my opinion about the 2-9 combo often enough but I dont play 9ball so often so I dont care about that.  But this is another matter...I am good enough to come back on most occasions but it is still infuriating.  I have also no 'interest' in learning this break as I like to play realistic simulations.  As I said previously, whats the point in playing penalty kicks with no goalkeeper?

Yours#

Adam
i support Adam in this case totally, we try to play as realistic possible, every one is asking for side spin, bigger table, ... for making the game more realistic... than break also realistic, greetz bolleke
Well, I too enjoy realistic games, but my friends, this is nowhere near a simulation of real pool.... Example, the shot where the object ball is on the rail and the cue is at the other end of the table, with a lil follow spin on the cue your object ball goes in. That's about the most unrealistic shot i've ever seen. And the breaks on the table are completely unrealistic, the follow and draw is unrealistic, the rails are unrealistic, heck, the whole game is unrealistic, but I still enjoy SOME of the people here and the game is still quite fun. If ya want a realistic pool simulation game, ya need to go buy one....

~Magikal~
[img=
http://www.upa2.com/mag.gif
]
what they need 2 do is put a foul rule on the break so if a player comes of the rail ( cushen) its a foul 4 that will sort the cheat breaks in snooker out once and for all
u cant make it so its a foul when u hit the cushion first, because u can still do the break with hitting the cushion, and plue some ppl play a safety break using the cushion. i.ei me ;)
ty Matt :D
Theres another trick break you can use, which doesnt involve coming off the cushion. It will also give you a guaranteed pot in the middle pocket. Its very hard to do all the time though, and very risky. However if it works, the reds are all spread out and you are always on for the black ball.

I agree that cheat breaks are very annoying, but i dont think we can stop them even if we wanted to. The same is true of several other trick pots that always work here, but would never work on a real table.

My only sugestion to people is to just not bother playing someone who insists on using all the trick pots every game.

Veriac