« Back to All Topics
"fair(?)" is stupid
Posted in 
Billiards
"fair(?)" is stupid
Posted in 
Billiards
"fair(?)" is stupid
The issue is.....players are sick of opponents smashing the balls all the time in the hope that the 9 ball goes in and ending up missing and maybe snookering the opponent or goin for combos and leaving the 9 over a pocket so that becomes the main theme of the game....this can make for a dull game and one where luck can and usually does play a big part of the game.

The problem is.....knowing the rules without having to discuss them in detail to make sure exactly what you can and cant do before the game is underway and nobody is gonna do that.....and so you dont know what shots you can play lol.

And....if you play one game based on goin for combos and smashing the balls around players probaly feel they are losing points in silly games that they would prefer to have never played....as I do sometimes. 

So I agree "fair(?)" is stupid, I like to play all rules, go for combos when its the best option, try to avoid giving a combo away, but the best way to win is to shoot out!!!

And....I like to play race to 5.....enough games so any luck has a chance to even out and whoever plays best for up to 9 games is the winner!!!

But...the problem with that is player can/only sometimes run if they have string of luck. 

So....maybe this is sound justification of options to make players stick to a given amount of games....I think it is!!! 

The "fair(?)" players should have their own rooms 

clever git
(more git than clever)

How say u???

and maybe I cant spell or puctuate

and maybe I have a lot to say about this and maybe I am drank

To me fair is playing a shot with intent. If you snooker someone because the 9 is over a pocket, it's because you know there's a combo on next shot. If you see the chance for a 3-foul, play it (especially when people don't bother trying to get out of a snooker). If they mess up and leave you a chance to win, it's their punishment.

Annoying is when someone just bangs the balls around in the hope of fluking the 9. They usually lose, but it's annoying and feels unfair when it's you they get the fluke against. I never play them again.

Unfair is when someone deliberately fouls. Unfair is when someone runs after agreeing to BO3 or after a fluke. Unfair is 
 when someone wants you to agree to rules which they prefer rather than the ones the games is supposed to be played by
Fantastic post, Beppe!

I agree totally.  I hate it as much as anyone when I scratch on break and the opponent immediately goes for the 3 foul. But I also love it when I get out of their attempted trap and beat them soundly.  Or maybe even turn the tables and foul THEM out.  It's allowed in the rules, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

And combos are an integral part of the game, as is snookering.  Wouldn't be the same game at all if you couldn't.

When i play 9ball i play by the rules, not the flyordie players rules, if the combo's on i will combo ( then expect to be called a cheat) lol, dont understand how im a cheat but thats what i get called :p.

At the end of the day a combo after foul is FAIR and whoever says it isnt is a complete idiot and should either give there head a wobble...or get it tested.
Capische !
Thanks for your posts

we all seem to agree

I wouls like to players who don't and why!!!
I would like to hear from players who don't agree and why!!
personaly  i think some ppl  take this gm a way to serous

Its not like your in a real  pool hall playing somone or your  a pro and ina world tournament or anything like that .lol Its only a pc online game where ppl go  to to amuse themselves. If your playing somone who  doesnt go by the rules u  like lol simply choose a person or FRIEND that plays the way you do. This is a famly site for ppl to come to and have  fun with friends , its not a WAR  zone. Sure i will agree it is a lil bit agravating when somone flukes the 9 or wins by luck  but  comon ppl its only a game, why get so up tite about it. Every day here ppl  complain about the littlest  things and all it  does is make yourself  frustrated  and others laugh. is it realy  worth   posting these kind of post, or is it  simply a way for you to get out your frustrations. Complainers, complainers, complainers.........What im trying to say is just play the game and accept it the way it is, lol .Making post like this isnt  gona solve anything ppl. just go have some plain old fun stop complaining about  what other ppl  do and play the gm simple as that lol
I do combo, i do snooker in case there is no ball on to pott. 9Ball is easy, only several people make this game getting complicated.

If you dont like to be comboed, just make sure u dont set up for it.

Regards
Mervin go to the other post in this section please which davemeister made.