« Back to All Topics
Cheating
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Cheating
Posted in 
Dear Moderators
Cheating
Dear moderators last night top cue and 147 heaven played together. Top cue conceded games to award his fellow player with points and 147 heaven also gave points back. Have we to accept these as the new rules of play in fly or die? cause in my book, according to what i've read in rules of conduct here its against the rules and these players should be cautioned for this. 

Please check their stats 1 minute games, very quick wins, they get away with that i'm leaving.

Providing links might help. ;)

Maybe one d/c and hte otehr was returning the points? ?:| 

Not everyone plays for points. :p

Any why was my intro on one name deleted and not my other? :_|
your not allowed to give points away pelon
OHHHHHHHHH REEEEEEEALY?! omg I didn't know that and I only been here since 2002!!!!!!!! wow thanks for the lecture I feel so much smarter. :)

It's good sportsmanship is you ask me. :) 
links, nah if they get away with that then i'm off. Bad enuff they get away with personal insults, now they cheating too.
whats goodsportsmanship about cheating? if your not allowed to concede your game for points then it simple, their cheating
lol Concede a game 
for points
. Let's do some math. Let's say players have equal ratings, 300: Players one d/c -Player 2 awarded 16 points. :) Got me? Don't lose me. ;) They play again But to keep it fair, player 2 concedes to 
give back
 player one his/her points. ok ok player 2 loses 16 points. :p Still behind me? OK! +16-16= what? you tell me ............. ok I'll tell you

NOTHING ...... 0 ... aka! ZERO

whoa see what some simple math does for you? :) In order to give points you must lose some eh? 
Thats exactly what happened Pelon you weren't even there and ya hit the nail on the head :p 

When fret (147 heaven) first disconnected, i was in lobby hop called me a cheat then, so fret came back a few minutes later and i gave him his points back, hop then called us unbeliavable cheats and claimed he's got me sussed lol in the end we finished about 8-6 in games yet were still cheating for points :p
>>nah if they get away with that then i'm off

CYA :)
Of course I hit it. I mean, four years, nothing's new to me. :D
>147 heaven also gave points back

thats another lie, he didnt give me no points because i didnt disconnect.
2. Cheating 

Any form of unsportsmanlike behaviour will not be tolerated, FlyOrDie reserves the right to reset points to zero for this offence. 

It includes: 
2.1 points banking 
2.2 operation jumping 
2.3 encouraging your opponent to leave the match 
2.4 intentionally loosing in favour of your opponent 
2.5 accepting your opponent's behaviour who is intentionally loosing 
2.6 using assistance from computer programs or other people 

both players have breached the rules, as stated by flyordie, i dont make these rules, but 1 things for sure top cue, u aint playing by these rules.
" i gave him his points back ", read 2.6 mate.
As i said cheating is not allowed.

You admitted it, 

now flyordie are you going to enforce the rules you have written as guidelines or is this site unmoderated now?

Giving points back after a DC can be listed as "fair play", "honourable", "good sportsmanship" etc. It doesn't count as intentionally losing, because the end result is the fairest outcome of all. I doubt he would give the points back if he was a sure winner of the game.
"" i gave him his points back ", read 2.6 mate.
As i said cheating is not allowed.

You admitted it, 

now flyordie are you going to enforce the rules you have written as guidelines or is this site unmoderated now?
"

Hopscottie.

Get a life.

There's a world out there.

I can't see any rule they broke....
Hop, you say they broke rule 2.6 but you don't seem to understand the rule.
It means ur not allowed to use aimers, the software type...and help from other people means letting someone else use your nick to get you points.
They also didn't break 2.4 because "in favour" means someone gains points from it, they didn't, it put the scores back to what they were before the d/c.

I would call it good sportsmanship too.

If the net change in points totalled zero, then i would not interpret that as cheating since neither player gained from it (assuming it was single isolated incident)

Quite a few players will return a single game if their opponent is disconnected when they were about to win.

i do understand the rule, help from others, i.e "conceding your game prematurly to boost your opponents rating" is in my view a breech of this written guideline.
Dear veriac the games i witnessed did not proceed from the opening break, (neither player had made a start to the game) so there was no player with more points than the other. The two players entered at start up and awarded each other with wins by pressing the concede buttons. That in my book is cheating.
Players have been punished in tourys for this conduct, so why not in this case? 
veriac, 4 times same night, one time after the next. Pfff what a joke that this is to be allowed.
>The two players entered at start up and awarded each other with wins by pressing the concede buttons.

He is downright lying to all of you here, ill explain whaty happened to shut this idiot up.

I played fret he was on blue with 10 points in it then he disconnected, so i waited in lobby while waiting i get loads of crap from Hop saying how we are cheating etc, so i play fret again and at start i concede, which is fair play, then in middle of game he disconnects again, he comes back i concede again (at this point i said if you dc again i am not conceding again) and fret agreed to that, while this is happening im getting abuse left right and centre from hop and his chums about how i use programs to line up shots and boot people,

That is exactly what happened he is lying away there and im sure you can all see how dumb this individual is.

I do fair play and get this guy saying im cheating lol he doesnt understand...
>>>veriac, 4 times same night, one time after the next.

2 Times.
hopscottie, we did not cheat, as top said, i disconnected first game, i was in lead, frame could have gone either way, then i D/C, we were on ratings off 659, and 658 i think
therefore no possible advantage could be gained from making the scoreline 1-1, it happened again, 2-1 to top, he conceded again because it was right at the start 2-2, we then played 9 more frames uninterupted apart from ure stupid little insults and accusations,

we arent the ones who deserve a ban m8 ;)
During the series of games there were 2 disconnections, which were both followed by an instant concede by the person who won because of the disconnection. The remainder of the games proceeded in a normal fashion.

Taking all that into consideration, i would not consider this incident to be cheating. The game history is pretty clear that both the instant conceded games were to balance out the loss from disconnection.

It is important to remember that the Rules laid down are not always black/white and there are often grey areas which are open to interpetation, which is part of the reason for the presence of moderators. 

Nicely Put ver, now hopefully hop will clear off like he said he would (very much doubt it)
hop good sportsmanship is when a player dc u give em a win bk 
if a mod banns u for that then they shouldnt be mods
ty veriac its nice to a person  can be a good sport here (y)
Ok Veriac, if you answer me one straight question please.
Is it therfore allowed for a player to award the other player with rating by conceding the game without any points being acquired by both players in any given game now. yes/no?

Also topcue can you please get your point across without insulting me in the process. ty 
Also i would like to add that disconnections do randomly occur within these games and that they tend to level themself out, Being fair without player intervention!. 

But now i'm i lead to believe that players can now openly award each other with points by conceding their games early?

But the contradiction is this, players regularly get their points reset for using this tactic in touraments. 

So all the grey bits inbetween the written rules that veriac suggest that i have brought forward in this case, apply in some games but not in others.

You just dont listen to anything.
>>Also topcue can you please get your point across without insulting me in the process. ty 

Sure.

>The two players entered at start up and awarded each other with wins by pressing the concede buttons.

He is downright lying to all of you here, ill explain whaty happened to shut this guy up.

I played fret he was on blue with 10 points in it then he disconnected, so i waited in lobby while waiting i get loads of crap from Hop saying how we are cheating etc, so i play fret again and at start i concede, which is fair play, then in middle of game he disconnects again, he comes back i concede again (at this point i said if you dc again i am not conceding again) and fret agreed to that, while this is happening im getting abuse left right and centre from hop and his chums about how i use programs to line up shots and boot people,

That is exactly what happened he is lying.

I do fair play and get this guy saying im cheating lol he doesnt understand...
Go home Hop, and for God's sake stop crying. Your causing the sea level to rise.
>>>>Also i would like to add that disconnections do randomly occur within these games and that they tend to level themself out,

Level themselves out? I dont understand.
i see, go home stop crying and go back to school seem to be the informative feedback for these questions, ok. Trouble is they don't explain anything just cheap digs at me, but thats too be expected. 
Dear top cue, or the power, let me explain "level". One day you dc against player and your opponent receive they points, next day you maybe play a game and the opponent dc this time u get the points, thats what i was refering too by level themself out. 

And your reference about the other spectators being my chums are inaccurate. They were not associates of mine but did however make similar accusations that both you and the other player were infact cheating.

The reason for this is simple, they and myself did witness what appeared to be points gained by inappropriate means, thus remarks and gestures of this nature were made by 5 people watching at the time. 
So much typing so little sense.
>>The reason for this is simple, they and myself did witness what appeared to be points gained by inappropriate means, thus remarks and gestures of this nature were made by 5 people watching at the time

There was you and another guy who was a complete Muppet, 

ozzielovesyou, thatshis nick and trust me hes one sad person. hop you never ever ever make sense, you are not a very cleve person are you?
Hop why do you lie so much man? your saying that all the 5 people in our game was saying wre cheats? 

Thats a complete lie, there was you and 1 other guy,  you really gotta sort yourself out?

Anyway please answer me this question. you said that if we aren't banned your leaving...is that true? or another lie?
"Dear veriac the games i witnessed did not proceed from the opening break, (
neither player had made a start to the game
)"
Maybe I am wrong, but if someone leaves the table before the opening break is made there is no change to anyones points.....or not?

Hmmm, not sure on that one 2of3 :p but hop seems pretty sure ! :p
Since this topic has degenerated so much. i guess i have to lock it.