« Back to All Topics
FALSE RATINGS
Posted in 
Technical
FALSE RATINGS
Posted in 
Technical
FALSE RATINGS
this is a very competitive game and hard to gain points if played in the proper manner.normally a player plays one rating below himself and anybody the same rating or above.however yesterday (march 13th)i came across a blue rating the same as myself and challenged him.there was no reply so i looked at his stats and to my disbelief his highest opponent rating was 4.yes i did say 04.we try and play this game fairly so what you have achieved you have earnt but that is rediculous.is there anything that can be done about this.personally i will not play this player(Dada No1)but new players to this game think they are playing a good player but they are only adding fuel to the fire !!!!.please do something about this otherwise what is the point of playing competitivly to achieve the crown when it can be done in an unsportsman like manner.
If he played nothing but players with a rating of 4 it would take him about 500 games to get a blue ball.

There is nothing wroung with playing players rated lower than yourself.

If you are so concerned that he has more points than yourself maybe you are the selfish one that needs their points adjusted?

Snipe
Snipe you are a joke.you totally missed the point.its not about if he had more points than me its how he achieved them.if everybody played the game the same way as Dada no1 you or i or anybody else would not be competing.it would be like you stepping into the ring with mike tyson,WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD WIN.mind you that one might be a bit difficult for you to work out.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
So what if he players lower players.

Ignore him and get a life of your own.

Snipe
personally i dont like playing low rated players because its boring, but if he wants to do that good luck to him,

He wont get respect from anyone
Most of the older players have a simple solution to that problem. The find the offending player, play them with a low rated name, and thrash the pants off them :D:D:D
Veriac,

According to the Operator himself you should be banned for unsportsmanlike conduct.

-OPERATOR-

>"Who was I unsporting to"

>To all other members.
>If you are on 0 rating with much higher skill, your newbie opponents will loose more points when killed, as there are basically no rating difference. 
>On the other hand if you kill a player with high rating, he will loose more points, as there is a significant rating difference, while there is probably no (or much less) skill difference.
>That's why any form of artificially adjusting your rating is not tolerated. Rating is (or should be) the represantation of your skill, and not something you can accumulate or throw away.

>Thx.

>OP

http://forum.flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=12&thread=24187&message=222646&q=#222646

Hope all of you moderators are on the same page when it comes to interpreting the rules.

Snipe

Hmmm, hopscottie is 650+ in pro snook yet he plays browns all time to get it, is that like banking?
>Most of the older players have a simple solution to that problem. The find the offending player, play them with a low rated name, and thrash the pants off them

Its all good untill they find out who you are, come on a --- nick, lose 20 games in room 2, then when you let them win you lose 32 points:p.

To be fair though, there is nothing wrong with what he is doing, he must only get 1 or 2 points per game, yet if he loses, he loses maybe 30. This means he must play more low raters to get higher, so it still gives a fairly accurate level of skill.
hari kari what a load of rubbish !!!!!.if he is a good yellow or green then he is more likely to beat reds and does not deserve to be a blue rating , SO HOW TELL ME IS IT FAIR.
HARI KARI if he is a good yellow or green even he is probably going to beat reds 95% of the time.yes he will lose the ocassional match but does he deserve to be blue or the crown come to that.I DONT THINK SO.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
Hos rating might be "false",

but he has broken 
no
 rules

There is 
no
 argument.

Snipe
So you say he has,nt broken no rules. Hmmm 2min games, 4min games 5min games, 6min games.Seems all a bit strange to me and probably to most players EXCEPT YOU ?.I wonder what your relationship is with this player SNIPE,or do you do the same yourself because you seem to endorse it.Or havent you got anything else better to do than to add PATHETIC comments on what other people say.I WONDER WHICH IT IS,HMMM.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
BOBSYOURUNCLE you are way too obsessed with this game.

Snipe
Maybe it's Bobbet, and she is really your Auntie.

:D.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL   nice one peter

BOBSYOURUNCLE
Cheezus Christ..  how much fun is it to be a blue ball if you haven't earned it?! Wouldn't that be a waste of time to gain easy points from players who ain't good enough and then state that you're a BLUE ball or what ever..  strange.  Well well..  there has always been people like that and I guess there will always be. I guess it's only a matter of time before they'll loose their points again..  and if they don't well..  then it would seem that they only play low rated players..  and how much fun is that??   
YET AGAIN I HAVE COME ACROSS ANOTHER FALSE RATING,THIS TIME A BLUE WHO HAS PLAYED NOTHING BUT REDS OR YELLOWS.SHOULD FOD LOOK INTO THIS AND DEDUCT POINTS OR POSSIBLY FORM A SYSTEM IN WHICH CASE IF YOUR A BLUE BALL RATING YOU CAN ONLY PLAY BROWN OR HIGHER OR IF YOUR A GREEN BALL RATING YOU CAN ONLY PLAY YELLOW OR HIGHER.HMM,ITS VERY DIFFICULT I SUPPOSE TO GOVERN,I WONDER IF THESE FALSE RATINGS ARE LIKE THE BULLIES AT SCHOOL WHO ONLY PICK ON THE SMALL AND WEAKEST TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK GOOD UNTILL THEY COME TO SOMEONE AS BIG AS THEM AND FIND OUT THEY DONT MATCH UP.
WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS

BOBSYOURUNCLE
It's only an internet game, and while I personally wouldn't play reds, (or yellows, greens and maybe even browns for that matter:p) theres simply nothing wrong with playing red rated players, no matter what your rate is.
agreed with lister, although it is maybe morally wrong, it is not against the rules, yeh he maybe a blue rating but if anyone sees his matches he won't be shown any respect, if you are a blue rating yourself and see someone like that you should take great pride in the fact you can beat people with the same skill as you. It's part of the game it isn't against the rules and therefore he shouldn't have points deducted. I'm not promitung this idea, but i'm sure he'll get what he deserves when some top rated player creates a new nickname and decides to challange him, then he loses.
ever thought that the guy plays in a league where all colours of balls play each other
biglister and chris....you seem to miss the point.....i never said any rules were broken DOH..its how a player achieves his points.i could play reds all day long and achieve the crown but would it be a fair way a achieving it.how many times have you lost a game where it was because it was your bad play and you,ve said to your self...well he didnt win it i lost it.i,m very surprised at you biglister i was looking for positive responses to this problem.may i remind you that some of us play this game fairly and the ultimate goal is to achieve the crown in a fair manner not an unsportsman like manner.so please if you do have a comment to make in future please make it a constuctive one.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
"i never said any rules were broken "

if rules aren't broken why should they have points deducted, that's a way of punishing someone for doing wrong

"so please if you do have a comment to make in future please make it a constuctive one"

it was constructive, we gave the other side of the argument, you can't have everyone agreeing with you. Just because we didn't follow your view doesn't mean it wasn't constructive.
chris....let me put it another way because you dont get what im trying to say,YOU WOULD,NT PUT A FLYWEIGHT IN WITH A HEAVYWEIGHT BOXER FOR THE BEST BOXER EVER COMPETITION AND BET ON THE FLYWEIGHT WINNING WOULD YOU.....i didnt say rules were broken i merely asked for opinions about improving fair play.this player does,nt play higher than yellow balls FULL STOP.the answer is certainly not a top player as you call them , getting a second nick and thrashing them,thats just as bad.and i was,nt asking for people to only agree with me either.i asked for oppinions so is an open topic seeing you have missunderstood everything that has been said.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
Do you compain when a qualifier in a pro tournament comes up against Ronnie? The chances of the lower rating winning or losing are accounted for in the number of points exchanged after each game.
beepe .... im not talking about tournaments,and by the way thats why there is a different scoring system and it is set against the clock.
BOBSYOURUNCLE
BOB... not once did I say any rules were being broken, nor did I ever say that I disagreed with you, I simply said that there is really nothing wrong with it. However, I do see your point clearly, if a player played reds all the way up to crown then I see why people would be upset, so I agree with you on that.

Basically, I know it may not be fair to achieve crown by playing reds, but at the end of the day it is an INTERNET GAME;).
The reason no one agrees with you is because you are wrong. Stop using caps you sound like an idiot.
well done hari another UNCONSTUCTIVE REPLY.and if you read the previous replys carefully you,ll see that they did eventually agree with the point i was making.SO GET BACK TO ME WHEN YOU HAVE LEARNT TO READ PROPERLY.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
BTW HARI I THOUGHT THE CAPS MIGHT BE BENIFICIAL FOR YOUR EYE SIGHT.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
"you,ll see that they did eventually agree with the point"

i didn't :)
so thats where you went wrong then chris lol

BOBSYOURUNCLE
not really, i aired my view on a forum which is a place for debating.
There is no right or wrong answer
It doesn't matter, just let this person be what he or she wants to be. A blue ball rating is hardly an achievement anyway, even I can get that and I'm not very good. If this person gets to crown playing like this, then maybe question the validity of the rating system.
Even you can get pink Beppe...:p.
You IDIOT! Grow up for christs sake, crying over how another player plays when it is perfectly legitimate. Face the facts no one agrees with you and shut up.
Is it me or does Hara get very upset and angry with forum these days? I think youre all getting to him:|
>not really, i aired my view on a forum which is a place for debating.
There is no right or wrong answer<

What a load of rubbish. Thats the sort of attitude that has let society deteriorate and go completely down the pan. There is right and wrong!

If something is exactly in the middle , then there is no right or left. True. But there still exists a right and left.

If you take the cicumference of it all and multiply it with the diameter,I'm sure you will find the exact price of eggs.

:p
JUST FOR YOU HARA BIG LETTERS AGAIN..LOL.. STILL HAVENT GRASPED IT HAVE YOU...LOOOOOOOOOL..I DID,NT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT BEING ILLIGITIMATE....I SAID IT WAS AN UNFAIR WAY  OF ACHIEVING A RATING AND ASKED IF ANYBODY COULD SUGGEST A WAY OF SOLVING THIS PROBLEM.AND HARA I MUST APOLOGISE TO YOU FOR SAYING YOU HAVE THE INTELLIGENCE OF A CONCRETE BLOCK.SRY I WAS WRONG.....YOU DONT HAVE THAT MUCH INTELLIGENCE LOL

BOBSYOURUNCLE
BEPPE..why wait untill someone reaches crown to "qeustion the validity of the rating system".the problem has been exposed now , question it now !!!

BOBSYOURUNCLE
>JUST FOR YOU HARA BIG LETTERS AGAIN..LOL.. STILL HAVENT >GRASPED IT HAVE YOU...LOOOOOOOOOL..I DID,NT SAY ANYTHING >ABOUT IT BEING ILLIGITIMATE....I SAID IT WAS AN UNFAIR >WAY OF ACHIEVING A RATING AND ASKED IF ANYBODY COULD >SUGGEST A WAY OF SOLVING THIS PROBLEM.AND HARA I MUST >APOLOGISE TO YOU FOR SAYING YOU HAVE THE INTELLIGENCE OF >A CONCRETE BLOCK.SRY I WAS WRONG.....YOU DONT HAVE THAT >MUCH INTELLIGENCE LOL

For real? I'm not the one going crazy over the game, I'm not the one making a fool of my self with words like 'loooool'. I told you ages ago when you first brought this topic up what I thought, and clearly FoD agrees with me which is why the rating system is why it is. How many years have you been here? And your crying about someone having a higher rating, is that because you can't get one? Who cares what rating someone has just take the game for what it is and have some fun.
the very name of the topic is incorrect, how can somebody have a "false" rating, whoever it is has earnt those points in a fair way (if unfair they will be reset). 

and to BOBSYOURUNCLE, if you feel so strongly about this point why dont you proove to everyone that your way of attaining points is better, by playing the game....

personally i liked veriacs suggestion most, and BOBSYOURUNCLE's about only being able to play certain rated players.... for the many of us who only play this game against the people we like on FOD, we dont care about ratings etc, therefore if our m8s are on red and we on pink for example, we will still play them because these points mean absolutely NOTHING,!

goodnight God bless 

Makevelli B-)
I was correcting how it was spelt. Although I know he deliberatly spells it wrong, for some reason?
you know snipe you really are a joke.you tell me i,m way to obsessed with this game yet you quote rules and regulations all over the place,and sometimes incorectly.all i have done is identified an unfair way of achieving points and i,m asking for players oppinions how to solve it.once again i must state that i never said any rules were broken,only that it is unsportsman like conduct to achieve the points the way they have been doing so.and hari i hope you read this because i would like you to try and make a decent comment for once.

BOBSYOURUNCLE

>"once again i must state that i never said any rules were broken,only that it is unsportsman like conduct to achieve the points the way they have been doing so"

unsportsman like conduct

IS breaking the rules.

:|
i agree with you peter but fod does,nt see it that way so this is why we have this problem.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
2. Cheating 

Any form of unsportsmanlike behaviour will not be tolerated, FlyOrDie reserves the right to reset points to zero for this offence. 

:|

quote as many rules as you want it does,nt apply to this way of play but it should.please dont be another snipe who says im obsessed with it and quotes rules and egulations coming out of his armpits,lol.

BOBSYOURUNCLE

Only people who are obbsessed with the game care about points.

You care about points = You obsessed with game

Surely your opinon may differ from mine but that is how I arrived at my conclusion.

Snipe
dont call him shirly. He's an uncle,not an aunt.

thats funny peter...nice one....what i find strange is that snipe qoutes rules and regulations all over the place and classes tanx as a serious game.but dont you get points for winning at tanx,i mean i dont know i havent played with kids in years.

BOBSYOURUNCLE.

P.S. see technical...banned but why...and snipes comments ...its another joke lol
Sure I get points for winning but I don't care about how many I have or how many anybody else has.

I judge myself and others based on scores in one on one games not ratings.

I won the System Tournament in Mars 2 weeks ago, I easily could have more than the 340 points I currently have. I just really dont care.

Snipe
As long as were all having fun , because thats why we 
PLAY
 here,int it.

Snipe,you dont need to go bragging,and while i think you shouldnt go around quoting rules you dont know,obviously,as ive seen in past replies,i do agree this game isnt all bout points;\.Snipe,quit being such a rules pushover.This is fun and games,not a boarding  school;-)

Bout time some1 put him in his place:p:p:p:p:p
thebestone. stfu and are u pretending to be me? that looks like a nic id make...
geez cant u all shut up 4 1ns and get on with life lol who cares just accept it!!!!

I am angry coz u lot made me read tru all 5 pages coz I was bored and all 5 pages are saying the same flipin thing:p
SNIPE...you,ve missed the point once again , you are a joke.its not how many points anyboby has its how they acheive them . your very proud to have won the system tournament and so you should be (congratulations btw)but did you do it fairly ?. and if somebody else had won it unfairly you you complain about it.I REALLY WISH YOU COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING ITS VERY BASIC.win some lose some but do it fairly thats all. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
bob please get a life we don't care.........
GUNIT...unless you have something constructive to say instead of childish personal remarks go away in short jerky movements.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
But playing low rated players is fair.

If sombody played lower rated players and won the tournament I would congradulate them becuase as stated before it would take them an enternity and is almost impossible to gain that amount of points from low players without messing up. I would truely be impressed.

Snipe
It has now been proved , that the egg came first.

:D
you know why has,nt fod done anything about this ?

Because no one important agreed with you ?:|
while this site is filled with idiots like you dirty den there will never be anybody important

BOBSYOURUNCLE
Ok..after reading mosts of these posts i have come to the conclusion that..dont waste time on this guy..once he realizes why no one will play him he will then maybe turn around,but until that point,dont bother replying when he is to relentless to give up a lost cause :)
>while this site is filled with idiots like you dirty den there will never be anybody important

What he meant by important was someone from fod who makes decisions. It doesn't matter how right or wrong, smart or stupid your idea is, if no one from fod cares it is going to be ignored (don't I just know that). Den was CORRECT in pointing this out to you.

In this particular case the system takes into account the difference between two players' ratings. He risks losing a lot of points in every game to earn the possibility of +1 to his rating, and I bet the occasional loss incurred stops him from going higher. Do I like it when players do that? NO. Do I think that means the rules should change? NO. Let's face it, the main reason we both find it annoying is because players like this will not accept our challenges - and we think they are easy points.
BEPPE..........i,m not going to fall out with you or anybody else over this all i,m saying is that players as they get a higher rating they should be playing playrs of a similar rating......if you get a really good yellow and he keeps playing reds does he deserve to be blue or pink ?.....i dont think so

BOBSYOURUNCLE
It is true that a player who contantly plays a ~16 rating does not show the true extent of skill at that level. But I sometimes play yellow when i'm green when either i have challanged every green or low level brown but none accept or there are just no no green balls to play. I relaly can't be bothered to sit around waiting for some players when all i do is want to play for fun.
you have a point chris and in that instant i agree with you but i have just challenged ultimate samurai for a game....he refused and i looked at his stats and he only plays yellows and greens but is a blue rating...does he deserve it

BOBSYOURUNCLE
AND CHRIS YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG BY PLAYING YELLOW OR BROWN AND UP WHEN YOUR GREEN M8....ITS THE PLAYERS THAT LOOK GOOD WITH THE POINTS SAYING HEY LOOK AT ME WHEN THEY HAVE ACHIEVED THEM IN AN UNSPORTSMAN LIKE MANNER.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
It's not so much the fact they play lower ratings to get a high rating that annoys me, it's more the fact that when you challange them they decline due to the fact they are scared. I just let them get on with it, if they need to make themselves feel good by thinking they have deserved a high rating then so be it, but i don't hold back in reminding them of what they are doing with a "how's it going with beating the ~16's?" everytime i see them :)
lol chris i know exactly what you mean

mickranger2
ime a brown 352 and low raters challenge me so if they beat me they build there rep basically if ur not subbed loads of low raters challenge you because if they beat u they will get more points than beating some 1 of the simular raiting personally i think u should only be able to challenge people the of the colour ball you are.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Shaune4u:d                 
hi shaune4u ..... not a bad idea ..... but maybe 1 ball below and anything higher to give the player more scope.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             BOBSYOURUNCLE
And what about tourneys? Is a 1 ball going to have to wait 10+ minutes for another of their rating to come in before they can challange?
>hi shaune4u ..... not a bad idea ..... but maybe 1 ball below and anything higher to give the player more scope. BOBSYOURUNCLE

At last, now you are talking sense. One decent post by you in this whole topic, well done! Do I think players playing lower ratings is wrong? Yes of course I do...do I care? Well only when it affects me when they wont play me. Is it cheating? DEFINATLY NOT. However seeing as it doesn't reflect a players true level, I would say this idea would certainly help keep the ratings more accurate. However at the end of the day how many players do you see who only play low nicks? Not many, and this would hinder the players who just genuinly want to play a friend, who may be lower, or higher than they are, just for fun. 

A much bigger problem if you are so concerned about the ratings, is running. It is easy to get a high rating just by running when you win, and staying for bo3 when you lose, so to the fair players who always play bo3, the runners rating is not very accurate to their skill.

Personally I couldn't care less about either of these things. Good players know who good players are, and these are not runners, or people who play lower rankings. Points are not everything, and rarely accuratly reflect a players skill. 
hari you are still a joke ..... one minute you say you care only when it effects you and the next you dont ..... hmmmm .... is that a contradiction .... i know what it is .... A WASTE OF BREATH AS YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN

BOBSYOURUNCLE
So bobs ur auntie and bobbets ur uncle..so confusing on this site these days ..im off be my normal self ..lol peter ..
PERSONALY PEOPLE CAN PLAY WHO THEY WANT... MIND YA BUSINESS :) TY
OKEY POKEY DOKEY OR WAS IT PETER.....HMMM I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN LOL

BOBSYOURUNCLE
i just played 8-9 games and the one game the other guy won knocked my rare down from 48 to 40 then when i won last game it was still 40?

do you have to point out the fact that the rating is not right or will it be cought by computer automatically?

sureshot000.....i have nothing against players who play any rating....what it is is players of a higher rating who continuously play players of a low rating to acheive their points....so please next time THINK BEFORE YOU BECOME THE MOUTH PIECE FOR THE MERSEY TUNNEL.

BOBSYOURUNCLE
lobabz2....if you play a lot of games and the scores of win and losses are only one difference your rating change would be very little if any by the time you play the last game....however if you play 1 or a few games and you have no rating change this can be due to the system being a bit slow to update your scores on your rating.

BOBSYOURUNCLE