Lost
Posted in 
Off-topic
Lost
Posted in 
Off-topic
Lost
Anybody on this site watch it?
My wife graduated in the same high school class as Nicole (Evangaline) Lilly. We don't watch the show though.
Not sure how that personal bit of info about your wife is relevant to the question but errr ok...

>Anybody on this site watch it?

I used to watch Lost then got bored of it because it was a bit like Cast Away the movie with Tom Hanks. They could speed up the way the show plays if they added more story twists. Many times in the show everything seems slow paced.
Not very often that you get a close link, so had to throw it in :)
Ah ,links,

My wife likes lillies.

:p
Tis like a long term show i think but its good, alot of stuff happens you dont see, i only find out when i check forums etc but if you get into it its very addictive :|
I love it. And its ment to be slow silly, its called character development. Can be annoying that when something exciting is about to happen, like when that tribe were ment to attack, nothing happend about it for about 3 episodes.
you still in first season hara? i download season 2 ones when ther shown in america (yea i know its illegal) but i cant help it :(
Well, first season finished here before christmas I think, so as soon as 2nd one comes out, I'll be on that.:)
Can we please not destroy another topic.
if you dont like a post deal with it no need to show people up for it.

Back to the subject. Lost is classs but i only watched it until they opened that tomb thingy. what was inside it?
I live in france, i m waiting on torrent the 16 episode of season 2, it become very annoying cuz now they wait 3 week before next episode :|
yep lost is class the 3rd best program on telly . i missed a few episodes when it was runnin tho so i kinda lost the story a bit,but just bought whole series and done an all dayer last week watchin every episode back to back lol . any1 got ideas what its about??my mate rekons its the bermuda triangle lol and my other m8 reckons their all actually dead and this is them all stuck in between life and afterlife any other ideas??
i apologise for takin this off topic a bit but the 6th series of the sopranos just started in america ysterday,does ne1 no when britain will be gettin it?iv looked but cant see anywhere
Watched the first episode then watched the last 3/4 and loved them to bits. Would've liked to have seen the bits in between but will be watching 2nd series from the start.
i watch it once in a while but i dont really care for it.
I dont really know whats going on, i know that the numbers are shown alot in the show, you gotta watch for loadza small things, the second series is wicked hara you should try downloadin em :p

I heard last night that they end up off the island, then get stuck somewere else lol but i dont think thats true, i know that at the end of season 2 we find out why the plane crashed and what the numbers mean, but i aint up to that yet, 

Henry ill tell you one thing whats in the hole, someone :p

And Tommy episode 16 is probably the best of season 2 so far, i think anyway...
The Power did u notice some strange things like Henry galle is the same name in Wizard of Oz, another interesting thing is that Sayid forgot his torture instrument in Henry room.

Look like all characters in this serie have a bond with Dharma
Well im only 18 so i dont really know much about the Wizard of OZ, But yea i heard that  and in Wiz of oz they all had problems but in the end they sorted em and got away? i think lol

I think Dharma, Oceanic etc are all linked and maybe its a set up somehow i dont know but hopefully everything gets revealed...

Ive seen the preview of next episode, its called The Whole Truth so i think we find out who Henry Gale really is, and Other or not.
I think Locke lets him out :| problem is its ages away :(

Dunno why but i dont really trust Locke i always tought he was an "other".

I also dont trust Libby, why hurley said he saw her somewhere.

I saw the preview too, look like the 16 episode is amazing but it's always same with preview they show u big spectacle but after watch the episode it's disappointing.

I was sure that henry Gale was an other when Sayid beated him very badly and Jack took sayid off the room, Henry gale wathed sayid with a strange look.

Yea well in lost if you think something, its always something completely different :p i think locke will turn to the others  eventually, he seems to be gettin pretted pee'd off with jack...
You notice in the episode 15 when Claire ask to Sun did u ever be a mum, Sun take time to answer , in the preview of episode 16 Sun ask a pregnancy test to Sawier :|

I found on internet a hacker who said he get all lost information and he's telling all the story but i dont think it's true, i didn t understand all cuz i'm french, check it i copy and paste:

LOST COMPLETELY SPOILED

Q: Okay, so... What is Lost all about?
A: Forget all the nanorobots, telekinesis, multi-dimension crap. It is: King James' Bible, meets The Matrix, meets The Village, meets Survivor, meets Saw, meets Lord of the Flies, meets The Suspects, meets 2001... But there's NOTHING supernatural about it.

Q: Who are the "Others"?
A: Other generations of people who were taken to the island, exactly like the castaways we know. Except that they spent so much time in that crazy place under weird circunstances that they went berzerk. Remember the movie "The Others?" The twist at the end is [SPOILERS AHEAD] that Nicole's party, in fact, are the ghosts. The Others seem to have powers, but our castaways, the Losties are also the other's "Others" in a sense. Remember the Black Rock? Its passengers were not on board voluntarily. Dharma sent them there as castaways. They have done that many times throughout history.

Q: What are the computer thing, the shark with the logo ,the polar bears, jack's dad 
and...?
A: Nothing important. All of those are just puzzles that are put in the show as red 
herrings, only to take our attention away from the "The Village-esque" move they will pull o in the end.

Q: How did the castaways end up in the Island?
A: They were sent there.

Q: What do you mean?
A: Remember that the hotel owned by Sun's father was called The Swan and had a very similar logo as The Dharma Initiative? EVERBODY who is in that island had someone (friend, relative, love, friend, etc) who was part of a secret society known as Dharma. Sun's father, Hurley's best friend, Boone and Shannon's father, etc, etc.

Q: But why did these people send them to the Island?
A: They didn't know the accident was going to happen. They were all trying to help the 
castaways. For instance: Charlie's band was trying to get him off his addiction, the 
psychic was trying to give Claire a new life, and so on.

Q: I'm not sure I got it. Why...?
A: They were all members of this secret society know as Dharma. In Budhism, Dharma is something like the opposite of Karma... Some kind of "mental heaven" or paradise to the soul. Ssorry, don't know much about that. Anyways, it's something good that people "earn" when they get rid of their sins. The castaway's helpers were trying to make them reach this condition. By sending them to a place where they could overcome the obstacles in their lives. Something like... The Game, the movie that damonl@abc.com loved to mention, hahahahaha

Q: But... Didn't they think about the accident? The castaways could have died!
A: They didn't know nothing about that. And they didn't know the world was going to end either. All they ever knew is that their loved ones would get some help to become better people, by the Dharma religion, Dharma organization.

Q: WHAT!?
A: You see, they thought they were sending their loved ones to some sort of "spiritual 
summer camp". Truth is, they were sending them to a place that was more than that. A place that meant to survive after the world ended... Through the hands of the most important guy, the spiritual leader of this new Masonry, which is the Dharma foundation. JOHN LOCKE. They think they are the survivors of a plane crash but on reality they are survivors of the end of the world.

Q: WHAT!?!?
A: John Locke believes that the island has all brought them there, every one of them for a reason. Actualy... He doesn't believe that, he knows that. Like I said, Locke is the most important man in the secret society, alright? One day he got very dissatisfied with the state of things in the world, and decided to gather a bunch of people who, in his opinion, would be the perfect basis for the "new world" he was planning to build. "Jack would be the doctor, he would be the hunter." heheh. (pause) Locke is this non-fundamentalist terrorist who brought civilization as we know it, to an end. How? I have no idea. I guess that's not been decided yet. Probably will be something like the third world war, or a nuclear war between the US and some country, can't tell. The thing is: Locke did it, hehe.

Q: But why?
A: So he could re-start civilization. So he could make things perfect again, like they 
were in the ancient ages that Dharma got its inspiration from, don't know for sure. 
Anyway, in order to do that, he needed people who would be perfect for that job. I mean, a drug addict who would preach against drugs... A bank robber who would say love is the most important thing... A millionaire who only cared about his friends... The player who got played.... A doctor who believed in miracles, instead of a "technician of medicine" like we have these days. For this new Earth he needed people who felt guilty like him... And didn't want to feel guilty no more. Folks who wanted a fresh start, who wanted to make the wrong right. Exactly like him. Sawyer's book was a hint.... The lord of the flies thing was another one... Also... Desmond's shock when that character is first introduced. He asks Jack: "Is the world still there?", right?

Q: Whoa!
A: C'mon, all the clues are there... The monster is coming, yet Locke keeps Boone tied, tells him "You can cut yourself free and make your way back to camp... With the proper motivation". Charlie begs him to throw the drugs away, but he says: "that would take away his choice, the only thing that separates us from the animals." He shows Charlie a cocoon, where this I-don't-know struggles. Explains that he could help it out, but it would be too weak to survive.... The struggle is nature's way of strengthening it and all that stuff... That's EXACTLY what Locke thinks.... About the losties and this new civilizations he's trying to build. The island will give them a great deal…if they're are willing to give it something in return... heheh...

Q: So the island is...
A: Some kind of Noah's Ark, part 2. Religion mixed with misticism, mitology and terrorism. It's all a man's attempt at recreating civilization. But this time, doing everything right.

Q: So he knew that the castaways would survive the crash?
A: No, he didn't. I mean, those who died would be as valuable to his new world as the ones who ended up living. I mean, of course the castaways were chosen to be on the island. But in a sense, the island also played its part. The island, in fact, was the one that did select those who lived and those who died among all the "potentials".

Q: Oh, and why do all children vanish, are taken away?
A: Because the new world can only be founded by the "right" people. The potentials, the chosen ones. Again: a drug addict who would preach against drugs... A bank robber who would say love is the most important thing... A doctor who believed in miracles... Those who wouldn't be hell-bent on making "the new civilization" be a true Dharma, I mean, this heaven on Earth, couldn't be a part of it.

Q: What do the numbers mean?
A: There are 108 obstacles between men and perfection. 108 are the doors that lead to Heaven, according to this Bodysatva fella or something like that... Have no idea who he is, I'm just trying to recall what I read in the... Anyway... The 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 are no more than the numbers who brought Hurley his money. Except that Locke has spreaded them, in various forms, at the island, so he could use them as devices... to... that would make the Losties, and the audience, his puppets. The whole issue.... The reseting of the computer is an example of that. Throught the hourly reset, John can fool the castaways into believing that there's "something" out there, in the island... He can fool them into thinking that their lives have some greater meaning or something. Remember the line "You make your on luck, Mr. whatever, you're looking for an excuse that doesn't exist."...? However... The number 108 also representes all of existence, in ancient religions... Or ancient mathematics, I'm not sure right now. And that's what John's trying to do. Re-create existence.

Q: Will there be questions without answers?
A: Yep. For instance, remember when Charlie looks up to see his guitar, hanging in a tree, in the exact moment this would shock the audience the most? There are a huge number of coincidences in the show that won't be explained. They are there to cluck up with our minds.

Q: What is the Monster?
A: Okay, you gotta stop with these "what is this, what is that" questions. The monster, the institutional video... All of those are red herrings. Practical jokes of Locke, in a sense. Because... You know, in order to build his perfect society, he needs some sort of "Satan"... Some sort of undefeatable enemy... Which is the monster. He needs enemies... I'm talking about the "Others" here. He needs a God that will require faith and prayers... The computer that needs hourly prayers, that come through the form of the hourly and pointless reset. He needs quests, that will bring a sense of danger and... a sense of purpose to the losties... But in the end, all of them are mere tools to keep the losties busy, active, faithful, organized, thinking.... Anyway, the point is... To get the audience thinking that... when the castaways ask themselves "why are we here on the island?' that would really represent mankind... We asking ourselves ' why are we on this earth?' 

Mate, i aint gonna read all of that just incase it is true :p i like being shocked when summat happens :p
read a bit of it, too much info tho :|
Hi The pwoer i m tommy H, did u watch the episode 16 ?

If yes what u think about henry now :p,
ok,iv just watched the whole 2nd series and i cant believe they've left it like that:(

any1 have a clue as to when the 3rd series will start screening??
>any1 have a clue as to when the 3rd series will start screening??

New season premiers October 4th ABC 9/8c.
3rd series starts in october so i believe :|
I heard that they might only be showing the first 8 episodes of the 3rd series then waiting a few months till they start showin them again any1 know if this is tru 
Yes m8 thats true, they will show a mini-season first which will end on a cliffhanger, like an end of season thing, then a couple of months later they will finish the season off...

They do this because in America they cant show one episode after another because it wouldn't work with the tv listings or somethin :| and they gotta keep showing re-caps to make it last the year but with this it should be better, do you understand ? :D
> you still in first season hara? i download season 2 ones when ther shown in america (yea i know its illegal) but i cant help it 

Same :p

Yeah thanks scotty tats gr8,thanks a mill.

Anotha cliffhanger just wat i need.