« Back to All Topics
 How to improve the game
 How to improve the game
 How to improve the game
Ok guys I have come up with a few things that would attracted more players in general and more people to pay for subscription.

1. More events I see no problem in haveing monthy and or annual events at certian times of the year(like the xmas bonus clicks thing). It does not have to be extra clicks though what about events that target certain goups like lvl 30+, diggers,robbers,theifs and so on. Make something of this open to everyone and some open to subscribers. If you make the rewards good enough for the subs only events this will make more people that want to sub which in turns equals more money.
Examples:
Diggers event
The king has been informed that ancient ruins has been found in the swamp he requests that all his subjects dig to uncover this. rewards:Number 1-diamond shovel, 1 attribute point, 2 to 10-diamond shovel,from 11-30-5 million silvers,31-100-1 million silvers.

Thief event
This can be done by drop so it includes all players sub and no sub. The king has been informed spies are carrying important documents around the city, he requests that all his loyal subjects steal this information. rewards-Number 1 10 additional stealing levels,2 to 10-additional 5 stealing lvls, 11-30 additon 2 stealing lvls,31 to 100 1 million silvers.

Robbers event
This is obviously a subscribers only feature. This can be done by finding these people in the trainer homes all it would require is an addition sentence for finding one of these and the same message as the other city guard ones.
The kings informants have notified him that there are dangerous factions hiding in the homes of local citizens, their plans are to over throw the King, the King requests all his loyal subjects to find these people hiding in the homes of Larkinor and turn them in to the city guards. Rewards: Number 1-diamond crowbar, 1 attribute point,2-10 diamond crowbar,11-30,5 million silvers,31-100,1 million silvers.

Fighters event
This can easily be done by makeing the attacking special monster on of the existsing ones but tweeking the lvls on it.As well no magic will hurtt hem it must be done by a weapon. For example use the Ta monsters example and make a certian monsters over several lvl say lvl 30-70. Lorden has been informed that certain creatures are invading Larkinor, news from the King's own mages sayt hat no magic can touch them this must be stopped for the safety of the kingdom, 10,000 creatures must be killed. Rewards:1-Gives you 50 more clicks a day(sort of like antigrav boots,2 to 10 gives you 25 extra clicks a day,11 to 30 -12 extra clicks per day,31 to 100-1 million silvers.

Mage event
This can be done by the same methods as fighters but make the creatures weak agaisnt ONLY magic not even magical weapons can hurt them. Lorden has issued some troubleing news a set of new creatures are invading arkinor and from the reports from the front line weapons cannot hurt them, 10,000 monsters must be killed to save Larkinor. Rewards:1 gives 50 extra clicks per day, from 2-10 25 extra clicks per day,11-30 12 extra clciks per day,31-100 1 million silvers.

Civil war event
This can be done by haveing the NPCS(non player characters) revolt against the king, So this would be for a time that most stores,shops are closed down. Most troubleing news: The merchants,cityguards and Royal larkinor army are attempting to overthrow the government in what they see as a corrupt one. For all those loyal to the King we urge you to fight agaisnt these elements and restore peace to the kingdom. I Lorden your King promises great rewards for those who fight bravely agaisnt my enemies, I am sad to inform all that I cannot guarenteed that shops will be open during this time of civil strife. Rewards:1 free sub for 6 months,2 to 10 free sub for 3 months,11-20 free sub for 1 month,21-100 extra 1000 clicks.

All Class Event
This will be done by haveing certain items that each group can get inorder for those said items to create something else. Most grave news!!! Your King, King Lorden is gravely ill and we fear he will not last another week, in order to save him we call on all citizens to collect these following items: diggers(orebane),theifs(miricleherb),robbers(mysteryingrediant),Fighters/mages(bloodofgod). If we collect these three items the King may be saved. For whoever is braves enough to do this I assure you that the king will be greatful. Reward: 1 for all items 4000 clicks( not to exceed the limits), 2-10 for all class 3000 extra clicks not exceed limits. 11 to 30 2000 clicks not to exceed limits. 31 to 100 1000 clicks not to exceed limits.

King's Birthday
The Kings birthday is next week. Dear Larkioans the King hghly values these three items:(item A(name it what you will), it b and item c). Brave adventures please collect these tiems and Iam sure the King will have something for you. Rewards:1-30 free sub for a month, 31-100 500,000 silvers, 5 composium.

The Kings missing Crown
This can be done by all classes. You are looking for the Kings missing crown sort of this a scavenger hunt type game, when diggers dig in a certain location they will get clues to where it is and have to investigate,when thiefs steal from people or drop down they will get clues, when fighters fight and defeat monsters they will give certain clues. When robbers rob they will get certain clues. This will be very subtle clues and lets say you have to get 100clues to make a full clue(this will be to prevent ppl simple wandering around and fight the crown) then when you think you found the square it is on you can go and too for it(it all can be in buildings if there are on that block). Here is something that will throw a twist into it though fake crowns when you got o turn in your crown it could be a fake one which would result in lost items,hp,lost money or even death. Example: Brave citizens your king has lost his crown it must be returned, but beware he does not like fake crowns. Rewards: Top play who finds the crown gets 3 month free sub,50 extra clicks per day and a bonus of 3000 clicks.

Players fighting Tourny
This can be done at the arnea but with a twist. People fight in a lvl bracket: amature wieght(lvl 1-10),superlight wieght(10-20),light weight (20-30),middle wieght(30-40),heavy weight(40-50),super heavy weight (50-60),championship wieght(60-70+)
You could have an rewards room something like supple tent where the winners of each bracket can pick what they want.

More holiday themed events:

Christmas event
This was brought up last xmas and it is a good idea the idea of finding presents in ppl homes and those present-points and those points can be turned in at the end of the event for prizes. Some prizes could be free subs, clicks,dayily clicks,items,silver

Easter Event
How about an easter egg hunt type of event and whoever collects the most gets rewards similar to those of xmas event.

Halloween event
There are alot of ghosts and goblins in larkinor so why not?

Rare item Events
How about an equip that can be used at any lvl but it gets stronger/wekaer dependsing on your lvl. You could ahve an event where the winnders get one of these rare items(they wont be able to be sold,stolen etc, similar to diamond shovel)

Monty I like your ideas especially the Missing crown event since this is something that everybody could do.

Affe3
For A Robber Near You
Very interesting; sounds like fun.
awesome ideas, that would definitely attract more players to sub (or at least seriously consider doing so), i might even consider it (but a students budget doesnt have much room:)
BK
 Those are great ideas! I especially like the robbing idea because I hate buying hundreds of crowbars.

...Twinkie...
Great suggestions,unflawed from what I can see.
I love the idea's however i dont think this is likly to happen cause so of those things being asked for a bit unprobable like free subscription however love the thoughts and thik it would be neat to see more of these happen to i really like the easter one with finding eggs and they have rare items or something in them. 
Terrific, exciting ideas!  I hope FOD can incorporate them into the game.  It's improvements like these that will keep present subscribers interested and coming back and new subscribers joining us.  Hopefully FOD will see the value in the suggestions made by their customers. Change is the only thing in this world you can count on.   If you don't change, you get left behind. 
Larkinor Quest is too cool a game to be allowed to sink into oblivion through inaction or complacency. 

A Larki subscriber,
Zuni 
very impressive ideas

but how would you convince the creators of this game to put those improvements in the game?
well ultimately nothing will convince them but if enough interest by the players for these ideas comes about who knows never hurt to try
you already have my interest are you going to tell these idea's to the creators?
I think all this stuff would be great ideas!!

I would LOVE to see more events in the game :D

Kitty
Some great ideas mont. Maybe for future updates, will certainly make the game more interesting.

[img=
http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/8553/raiken9dm.gif
]
Ok.. Raiken?... the eyes.. they are just creapy
:p
here is another way to improve the game:

I have noticed ads for other online rpgs here. What sense does that make. In my mind and I could be wrong these games are direct competition for larkinor. I played many other rpg games online and I never seen an ad for larkinor on there infact if you even mention larkinor on adventure quest which is one of the games that runs ads on flyordie you get a perm ban from site. Why not adverize Larkinor like other sites do? It also seems abit hypocritical that we can get demerit for speaking of other games in forum or chat but yet we are subjected to ads from other games.
Part 3: make either a time limit or experience lvl limit in which ppl can post on forum or use chat. Example have to play for 1 week ot be lvl 15 before they can post, this will cut down on alot of the spam as well as trolls that just set up accounts to spam the forum or chat and incite trouble.

Part4: mandatory tutorial system. Set start thier firstc haracter and have to do various tasks and complete those tasks in order to play the full game. This will cut down on repetitive questions, give hands on experience in playing the game and finding the temple etc. You will get a mark on the account when completed with 1 character so u dont have to do it will all of them.
Monty I think the Tutorial thing is a Great Idea!! 

It would be like a mini quest that they go through when they first log into the game.. with directions on the screen where to go.. and what to do. How to heal.. fight... cure poisen.. equipt weapons.. leave their house.. LOL.  
And make it so they couldn't enter Chat or post on forum before completing the tutorial either ;\

Kitty
[img=
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5309/cattail6ho.gif
]
anyone who wants to see these things happen leave ur name maybe we can convince ppl
Tutroial. Like in Splinter Cell. :D
actually thats what i was thinking caption
I'll throw my hat in for the tutorial system.
I vote for things like these to happen :D

...Twinkie...
Yeah that turtorial idea sounds great Mont, a fantastic thought for cutting down on those repetitive questions.

The tutorial is a good idea, but I think it's best to link chat/forum usage to completion of the tutorial.  If you put a time/lvl limit (lvl 15, I wouldn't be able to post this), I think it might scare away legitimate players as well as troublemakers.  Simply don't put the chat/forum buttons there until they make it through the tutorial, that way it doesn't look like things are being withheld at the beginning.
Good Idea Zero! or shall I say.. Zoro? eh? :p

Kitty