« Back to All Topics
What do you know about Black History Month?
Posted in 
Off-topic
What do you know about Black History Month?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Black history month is very important. nice topic.

Although I am part Asian, part Scottish, I do know a bit of Black history, since I did grow up in Canada, and thus have a familiarity with the history of the "New World". I do know that the first "slaves" were imported from Africa during the early 1600's. It however, took more than 150 years for slavery to be outlawed and banned in the Northwest Territories and such. 

Slave Trade was however not considered to be illegal until 1808...by the U.S. Constitution. Then, some guy by the name of 
Eli Whitney
 invented the cotton grin machine, which in turn, promoted the industry of slave labor.

Then another African American by the name of Gabrielle Prosser (sp?) emerged as one of the greatest leaders for the Black people by organizing a revolt against slavery. His movement during the early 1800's had threatened Richmond, Virginia but his attempts ultimately failed....

He was then hanged along with many of his supporters. As a consequence of his revolt in the 
1820's
, legislation increased slave laws. Another Black rebel by the name of Denmark Vesey also organized a revolt against slavery. He threatened Charleston, South Carolina. He too, ultimately failed and was hanged along with 30 + of his rebels as well.

Then one of the biggest revolts arose from one Nat Turner. This was to take place in the 1830's....He attempted to lay siege at Southampton County, Virginia. He too had failed and was hanged as a result. More slave laws were enforced as a result as well.

In 
, a very prominent American named 
Frederick Douglass
 published a newspaper that attacks the slave industry. Also, in 1857, Congress considers all slaves as non-citizens...

Hmmm, who can forget, the 
Confederacy
 was founded on 
, as this is the same date that the 
American Civil War
 commences....1863, Lincoln declares the 
Emancipation Proclamation
. In March (same year), the first all Black Regiment was formed by the prominent African American by the name of 
Frederick Douglass
. It was a regiment to be formed out of Boston, consist of roughly 1000 Black soldiers, and to serve under the Union Flag. However, the leading officer who was to carry the regiment into battle was only allowed to be a white man -- a law implemented by the Government. The white officer is to be 
Robert Gould Shaw
. His regiment came to be known as the 
54th Massachusetts Infantry

Robert Gould Shaw was killed at the battle of 
Fort Wagner
, a battle that caused roughly 500 + deaths in the regiment alone.  The fort was never taken, but was abandoned months later because of continuous barrage of artillery fire coming from Union ships some 100 meters away in the sea. The 54th Infantry, though suffereing heavy casualties during the morning of the battle for Fort Wagner, was still in service up until the end of the war. It came home to Boston the same way it marched out of it...only that, this time, there were only 200+ men left. The Civil War ends on 
April 9, 1865
...Lincoln is killed on April 14 (same year).

The Ku Klux Klan is founded on May, 1865 also...in Tennessee. Who made the Ku Klux Klan you ask??? It was made by ex-Confederates, who then, were funded by banking elites.  The 13th Amendment was ratified soon after the Civil War had ended and slavery was to be "officially" outlawed in America. But then what happenened in 1866 and beyond well....

Black Codes
 were issued, which in turn, restricted the rights of newly "freed" slaves. 1867, former Confederate regions were reconstructed into military districts, "ensuring" the civil rights of freed slaves so to speak. 
, Blacks were now considered citizens. 
, Blacks were given the right to vote. 
Hiram Revels
 became first African American to be elected as senator. This also happened in 1870..not sure though, could be off a year.

But in 1896, the Jim Crow Laws were established so that racial segregation between Blacks and Whites would be allowed. Thus, this paved the way for the double standards attitudes in America. Zooming some 40+ years, we are at the year 1941....

Jackie Robinson
 became first African American to play in the Major League of Baseball, breaking the "color" barrier. He played in the 
Brooklyn Dodgers
. In 
May 17
, racial segregation is declared unconstitutional in Kansas. But in 1955, a black kid was murdered because he happened to whistle at a white woman in Mississippi (sp?). The 2 white men who murder the boy were not charged. This caused great public outrage and thus, the civil rights movement increased in the years ahead....

Hence, came the era of one 
Rosa Parks
. It was in 
, that Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat to a white man in a public bus. She was then arrested for this, but later, the entire Black community boycotted the bus industry. 
Martin Luther King Jr.
 founded the 
Southern Christian Leadership Conference
  -- a civil rights group intended to bring about racial equality in all of America. 
, an African American by the name of 
James Meredith
 becomes the first Black person to enter University of Mississippi. Many people were outraged because of this and a large riot manifested. 
JFK
 sends 5000+ federal troops to stop the riots. 

Also in that same year, 
MLK JR.
 is arrested for protesting against the racial segregation laws in Birmingham, On 
August 28
 (same year), MLK JR. led the historical 
March on Washington
. It was here in which the great MLK Jr. cemented his place in history by stating the immortalized words 
"I HAVE A DREAM"
, during his speech. During that great march, 
250, 000
 people had attended. Also, later on that same year, 
4 black girls were killed
 due to a bomb explosion that occured in the 
16th street Baptist Church
. Riots broke out because of this incident. 2 more Black people died as a result of the riots. Now on to 1964...

President Johnson
 signs the 
Civil Rights Act
. This new legislation makes all forms of racial and social discrimination illegal. This was finalized on 
July 2
. But on that same year, 3 civil rights workers were murder by the 
KKK
. The KKK believe they had the right to "free speech" and were simply exercising those "rights" so to speak. On a good note, that same year, MLK JR. wins the 
Noble Peace Prize
. This was on October. Now on to 1965......

The year of 
, was when 
El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz
, a prominent Black Muslim, better known as 
Malcolm X
 was killed. During that same year, state police attack peaceful demonstrations led by Martin Luther King Jr. This ambush is called 
"Bloody Sunday"
, because it was bloody and it was on a Sunday. Also, during this same year, Congress issues the 
Voting Rights Act
, to improve the rights of many Southern Blacks to vote. 

A year later, 
, the 
Black Panthers
 were formed as a retaliation against the 
KKK
. The Black Panthers were founded by 
Huey Newton
 and some other guy I can't remember. Af for 
, President Johnson promotes 
Thurgood Marshall
 to the U.S. Supreme Court. Thurgood Marshall is America's first Black Supreme Court Justice.

In 
, the legendary MLK Jr. is assassinated. This happened in Memphis on April 4. Same year, President Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act, which in turn, prohibits racial discrimination in the housing industry. Zoom a few decades....we come to 
The L.A. race riots explode as a result of the disclosure of an incident involving White police officers beating up a Black man by the name of 
Rodney King

Further into the future....
 affirmative action is issued by the Supreme Court to warrant that the Michigan University and many other schools have the privilege to consider enrolling students based on their race, because race may play an important factor in creating a diverse student body, which experts believe, increases the credibility of an educational environment.
Nice post Justin, thanks for the info.
excellent justin u just got me an A* in my history exam :|

You do know a lot about this.

>But in 1955, a black kid was murdered because he happened to whistle at a white woman in Mississippi (sp?). The 2 white men who murder the boy were not charged. This caused great public outrage and thus, the civil rights movement increased in the years ahead....

That was Emmett Till. ;)
>>>That was Emmett Till. 

Yeah thanks for that m8. He may have been born in 
July 25 (?), 1941
. I'm not sure about this, though I believe that his full name was Emmett Louis Till; some of his peers may have called him Bob or Bubbuh or Bobo (sp?). 

Perhaps his nickname was given to him because of his reputation to chew tons of bubblegum. On a related note, his fate was sealed when he decided to buy bubblegum in a convenience store owned by a white couple known as the 
Bryants

Apparently, many of the white people back then were ticked for seeing black people trying to be casual with them...I doubt that it was the bubblegum that killed him nor was the whistling that killed him...but rather, it may have been the fact that he (being Black) had the "audacity" to step into "white territory".

Some say that because of Emmett's history of speech disfunction due to having the Polio disease (which in turn, had affected his talking), that his whistling was nothing more than a speech malfunction on his part. The Bryants claimed however, that Emmett was deliberately trying to annoy them. 

Emmett's parents separated one year after he was born. Also in 1943, his father (Louis Till) was drafted to serve in World War 2..who then was executed in Europe, by the U.S. Army, because he was found guilty of raping 3 Italian women, and murdering two of them. Private Louis Till was executed during 1944 or 1945. Eisenhower ordered the execution.

Emmett's mother was Mamie Till Mobley. Through the decades, American culture has gained so much sympathy for her and have cemented her in their minds, simply because of what she had gone through....for she had lost a husband and then soon after, her son as well. She had then become a tireless civil rights leader, to avenge the loss of her son.

She recently died at the age of 81, on January 6, on 2003. Probably in Chicago... Additionally, she may have  published a book titled 
"Death of Innocence: The Story of the Hate Crime that Changed the Face of America"
 earlier that same year. 

In addition, the Southern Poverty Law Center reports that there are at least than 600 to 700 white supremacist hate groups that are active in America in 2005 alone, and an estimated 50,000 + hate crimes that go along with those numbers.

Amos Rucker

Tell me about him, please.

:| 
"When you eliminate the black confederate soldier, you've eliminated the history of the  South".

General  Robert E Lee.

Ahh Peter, it's good that you mentioned Amos Rucker, as I'm sure that you know, as well as I do that the American Civil War was not exactly always "Good" vs. Bad". Basically, the mainstream "politically correct" has the Civil War told in such a way so that the public would perceive the Union Army as the clean cut good guys who stood for anti-slavery and anti-racism. This was not always the case. As a matter of fact, both sides really harboured pro-slavery sentiments because it was the 
underlying consensus
 back in the day, even if many people in the Union side outwardly say that slavery was for the most part, "unconstitutional".

This would probably explain why history books don't talk much about Amos Rucker because it would threaten the image of the Union. For those who never heard of Amos Rucker, he was a 
Black Confederate Soldier
 who had been accepted as a hero amongst many White southerners. If history books disclosed much about his life, the clear line between the contrasting ideologies belonging to the North and south would have been obscured....

So who was Amos Rucker then? He was a slave in Georgia who became close friends with his "slave-master" Alexander Rucker (by the way, when slaves were assigned to a slavemaster's family, he or she will incorporate the family's last name as well -- hence, Amos became known as Amos Rucker). Amos Rucker's slavemaster (Alexander Rucker) was the son of the Georgian millionaire by the name of Joseph Rucker. Joseph Rucker brought his son to the Confederate Military and Amos was obligated to look after Alexander. So now Alexander Rucker has become a Confederate soldier and Amos becomes his sidekick in all his military endeavors......

Eventually, Amos officially became a Confederate soldier as well and often at times, saved the life of Alexander. During their tour of duty, Amos had gained much respect from the Confederate society. So in a sense, Amos rucker became more than a slave in the eyes of the Confederate Southerners. 
He became a national hero
, although much of the mainstream history will usually try to exclude his story in most modern classrooms today.

>>>don't know, don't care...

If you don't care, then why didn't you just ignore this thread? Very intelligent post...

Back on topic...Justin, have you heard about the Rothschilds?
>>>Justin, have you heard about the Rothschilds?

Yeah I head of them, though I don't know all that much about them. Basically, they are one of the elite central banking families coming from England. Their Jewish lineage has a lot of influence in the Bank of England and they have been known to have strong influence in the Federal Reserve, which is the central bank of the U.S. They financed many railroad constructions which allowed for the transportation of coal and steel. "Rothschild" stands for "Red Shield", which is their family crest.

They helped finance the Romanov Dynasty in Russia long ago....they even helped install many puppet regimes in South and North Africa, and then put those regimes under the power of the French Government and under many European leaderships back in the day. They have been notorious for financing wars and  both "sides" of a war (the American Civil War may have been linked with the Rothschilds). They may have a lot of influence on the Pope and the Jesuit General. They are known to "oversee" most of the financial operations of the Catholic Church around the globe during the 1820's and in the early 1900s, they may have gained a tremendous amount of influence on the Vatican's wealth. This influence is speculated to be still in full effect today.

http://www.jewish-history.com/Salomon/salo16.html

http://www.red-ice.net/specialreports/2005/08aug/redshield.html

http://www.the7thfire.com/new_world_order/illuminati/civil_war_and_the_role_of_Illuminati.htm

http://100777.com/myron

There's a lot of information about the Rothschilds and Rockefellers in the alternative media. The mainstream media will most likely conceal this type of information, since the big media corporations like CNN, FOX, and such are for the most part, controlled by the upper elites. Errr...I think all the main points about Black History in America has now been covered in this thread, imho. 

>>>Well done Justin

Thanks m8.

>>>wish i still had encarta

http://encarta.msn.com/
thnx justin not the same as encarta 98 tho :) or the tree of knowledge lol

>>>thnx justin not the same as encarta 98 tho or the tree of knowledge lol

Lol np m8, imagine if the tree of knowledge actually existed. That's a lot of information in one's hands, to have in possession an omniscient source. One would not need to cite sources from research websites to make a point credible, one would simply post a picture of the tree of knowledge and say 
"because the tree says so"
encarta, used to go on tht in school lol
i thought i would remind you all of the genius of Justin... back when this forum was truly a forum :)
Nice Post

great graphix Pelon 

u r getting to my level :p
lol jk Bro  B-)