« Back to All Topics
draw by repetition
Posted in 
Chess
draw by repetition
Posted in 
Chess
draw by repetition
 I think Fly or Die, should somehow incorporate this rule in the programme. Often a player who is short on time will play for a draw, and it might be a draw, or book draw, but an opponent will refuse to accept, because they know they will win on time. What do you think???
I think this is a good idea. I’ve played a lot of players who’d just refuse to give up and make the same moves…it really gets on my nerves. :(
 Tnx Rains,
 But how to create enough interest??
they have incorporated this law i had done the same move three times with an opponent and a box said "claim draw"
r u kidding me? if ur so short on time y did u play the game in the first place. o yea and last time i checked there was blitz chess which is quicker.
Mr. hairypig, sometimes when you are playing a good player, and played more than 40 moves in the allotted time of, say, 18 minutes, and it is a book draw, well, this happens. eg I was watching a game king bishop against a king knight, it is impossible to win for either player, yet one had a few more seconds, and refused to accept the draw. Now, that is unsportsmanship, as both players were 300+ points. Point made?????
I WANT TO PLAY WITH TOTALY SECURITY TO MY RIVAL DONT CAN USE HIS PROGRAM TO PLAY.PLEASE DONT PERMIT PEOPLE USE THEIR PROGRAMS HERE TO PLAY.

GIRL8, i suggest you learn some english?
Hello everyone,
I am very surprised when I was playing in eurosport chess server 2 or 3 days ago. I was in zeitnot (actually blitz game is conceptually a zeitnot in my opinion) i had 10 or 15 seconds or something like this. I saw a draw combination and played it. But the game continued after three fold repetition!! I realised "Claim Draw" button winking on the left corner but it was too late. I lost the game and it was a cheap loss I think.

By the way you said "book draw" in the recent replies, but book draw is different from three fold repetition, in blitz games i am against the book draw, since the time optimization is also very important part of the blitz games. But, three fold repetition is as a chess rule a draw.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this server does not notice the three fold repetition

Thank you for your time and patience.

Kh8