« Back to All Topics
huh??
huh??
huh??
The sawtoothed bogcrocodile damaged you with its jaw for 16 hitpoints!
You've hit your enemy well, and it has had consequences! You've made 70 hitpoints damage with your knight's sword!
You are at full health, your weapon cannot vampirize more hitpoints to you.
Your enemy falls on its face! You've defeated it!
1150 experience points earned for the victory.
You've found the following items:
a crocodile skin

+1 magic skill level!

You need 46 771 more experience points for the next level!

i didn't use any magic in the battle. very odd.

well, might as well upgrade my spells!!

yeah when you use any magic weapon you can raise your magic lvl.  

Liponis
But the knights sword aint a magic weapon is it? 

Correct me if im wrong.

Maybe you recently added a point to intelligence. If the skill is over 100% it can increase without you actually using it if the related stat is high enough to allow a level up.
While you always increase your magic or weapon skill PERCENTAGE by simply using it, you can only increase your magic or weapon skill LEVEL as part of a victory.

With that in mind, one of two things happened:

1) You used magic in your last combat, causing your percentage to go above 100, but you didn't win the fight.

2) You casted spells such as healing or homeport since your last fight, causing your percentage to go above 100.

Sandy
Increasing of skills (weapon AND magic) is only triggered at the END of a successful fight.

If your percentage is above 100% and your stats are sufficiently high, then the skill will raised at the end of the fight, regardless of whether or not you used magic in that fight.

i didn't die, didn't cast any out of battle spells, so i don't think my percentage was above 100, and no, the knight's sword is not a magical weapon, but the vampireboomerang is, and i use that for ranging, so that would explain it.