« Back to All Topics
real life pool any1?
Posted in 
Billiards
real life pool any1?
Posted in 
Billiards
real life pool any1?
how many of u play pool in real life?and for how long??are u any good?

PS:if any1 knows,which of the top players here are good in real life pool?

had those two questions in mind for a long time..

anyways,i ve been playing pool for 3 years,since i was 13 years old
Played consistantly til I was about 15. Won three festivals then sold my snooker table and haven't played much since. Have played a few times but nowhere near as good. Might be playing in a pool league representing my golf club but that'll be when I turn 18 in March :p!

The only other player I know that's good is stoney. If I remember he had pool trials to become professional. Something along those lines. All my other mates are to thick to work what coins go where in the coin operated machine so they just don't play. Mups. Not looking at anyone in particular, Max, Jesus, Greenie, Matt...
I used to play for a pub team when I was younger, still play a fair bit with my mates. I have played the (at the time) worlds best pool player Tony Drago :D
I played pub pool for about 7 years when I was living in London. We always stayed 2nd division level to avoid the attitude at the top level but could hold our own against most of the top teams. I know that I was decent, but the really good players who occasionally showed up made me realise that there was a huge difference between "decent" and "brilliant".
i do and im pretty good at it. i beat 4 guys in a row wen i went camping and they had this huge barn with a a bar, a pool table and everything. i dont remeber how much money i won but it was a lot.
stezz fkin awesome best player i ever seen live serious he is class on english r american tables  he also class at snooker aswell he like single handedly won us the sunday league pool 4 our local leagues :D was captain aswell but he used 2 put me on 1st coz i was crap and always got beat but at start of season i went on a runoff like 5 games unbeaten was so happy but thn got bt luckily :| now i cnt bt my lil sis r my girlfriend :|
Only time i play is when i go out on a friday and a saturday night down cow roast :p (pub) It's a class game and i play better when i'm drunk ;\ yet to 7 ball someone yet, but it will happen :DAlso FOD has helped me play better pool in real life :D
You know Stezz? What about Max, I never knew if he was a friend of Stezz outside FoD or not? I think I remember Max suggesting that Stezz was excellent at snooker in life.
i play real 9 ball and snooker,but just 9 on FOD
Hi 
I Use to play real pool alot but i gave it up last year , I would play 3-4 hours a day 6 days a week. 
I was a genuine AAA player i played 2 semi pro's and 1 pro the rest were all differnt levels.

allright later ;)
I rarely play real pool these days, but there were times when I was younger that I would play for as many as 8 hours a day. I was on a team for a couple of years at a pub in Nashville and was ranked a 6, which was the highest rank in the league. 
ye im stezz and ye im good at real pool :p
and aarons has got alot better lol
I have played in pro-am tournaments, played the world no 1 mick hill and got beat 5-4.

I used to play for my county but not recently , i am also the captain of my wednesday night league team who are not tdoing to bad at the moment.
hey guys i play for a pub team on a monday and thursday night im not the best of players but in league its only 1 frame anything can happen. i have reached a semi-fianl of a singles trny i should of made the final but my butt went lol i missed to blacks which where easy but at the time it seemed that they where so hard i cant describe it. im registered to play snooker for the pub aswell but i dont go much (not very good at it, i rather a smaller table) i have played in terry griffiths's matchroom twice in a league i got a 50% record there lol.

for those who play snooker in the league what handicap are u?
ru  racist ice man? sounds like u r and i have a problem with racist.
I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion BWG...

I am also not sure that I agree in luck dominating Ice Man. Sure it's one frame, but usually the top players are going to win most of their games in the league. I used to have win ratios in the 75% to 85% range, whilst my last captain rarely lost more than one or two games in a season. When someone beat him, it was always earnt and never lucky. A good player will try to ensure that you never have a chance to finish.
lol cheers stezz u jus sayin tht coz i called u ace :| u kno ur sis kerryn cud beat me :|
lol bloody hows he racist?

i play snooker mostly every week, only a couple of frames and i admit im crap lol i just  enjoy playing it even if theres people waitin ages for us to finish! :p i fluked a 35 break other week though, im one of them, mostly crap but when i start pottin i go on one, i think if i wore glasses id be better but thats jus not gonna happen lol maybe contacts are in the picture :|.

alright stezz/aaron hows it goin? cant say my name for reasons i cant say :|

no1 player.
Yeah, I'm quite decent at pool, can clear an 8ball table from time to time, never played 9ball though cos I live in Scotland. I dont play competitively or anything, although I would like to get involved with my local snooker & pool club in some way. And my highest snooker break is only 30, I'm not really that good at potting at all, I usually win by being better at safety play than my opponent:-P
well it just seemed the way he wrote that was a mean statemnet. sry for jumping ahead.
he ment the black ball not a black person lol
Hey...I using to play in a real pool league in the north of germany....but u cannot compare it to fod-site. Bloody, here we go again......hope hear sumthing from ya soon
I just wodering myself y fod not do the other pooldiscipline "straightball" or also calloed "14/1" involving to this site.
Please fod, pimp it!!!! :p

chillo1983
i meant black as in a 8 ball that what we say around by me. and no im not racist we all human aint we?
sry iceman. i thught u meant people wise. im sry for jumping to conclusions. chillo i PROMISE i WILL play u.sry guys.
:)    Watch the time I writing this here...it menas im on and will be on the next 4 hrs u can find me usually in 8Ball rm1 if ya can go on, u can stay there just for a while and I´ll find ya ;););) cya honey