« Back to All Topics
Clearing North of Port
Clearing North of Port
Clearing North of Port
Only post here if you kill North of the port on Thord-Artin. 

Give your reasons for doing so and also reasons why you wouldnt want to have a store on the island sooner so you can have shovels for your diggers there etc.

If you only fight South of the Market then continue, cos thats the plan of attack. You guys do not need to post.
i do, reason... i bring a load of stones and can't carry anything else. i kill about 75-100 there and move to the south with the recovery drinks and mobile drinks and kill 75-100... repeat process.

I still do not understand the reasoning for anyone attacking North of the cleared port. I thought that the monsters you meet on TA were determined by your Level and Rank. So attacking one square over another provides no actual benefit.

And, from what I understand, if the square North of the cleared port is cleared, it will no longer be the 'front line' so the cleared port square will no longer be safe for anyone.

If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Thanks,
confused B

PS: I know of several players that have been attacking there (while my digger was doing his thing), but I will not post their names.
Thats only if there are NO monsters around you...north south east or west.

lilmey
Exactly what I said. If square North of Cleared Port Square is cleared, the Cleared Port Square will not have any monsters N, S, E, or W. Therefore it will no longer be safe, right?

still confused B

As far as I know there have to be 
two
 squares with no monsters around them.

Affe3
Always Hanging Around
i don't plan on clearing it, i just get supplies to lessen my clicks for the other suare clearing.
Thanks for the info Affe. Although I still find the 'as far as I know' part disconcerting.

Other question still hsas yet to be answered, though...

Monsters are the same from square to square. What you meet depends on Level and Rank. Right?

Thanks,
somewhat enlightened but still perplexed B
jb, cant u get your supplies BY fighting south? Or is it that you need the pub for healing when ur fighting north (to make it quick) and then u use the RDs and MDs that you get fighting north, to fight south (to make it quick)?
like I said, I go with a load of stones so i have no room for anything else. I get a stash of drinks and then head south . I will try harder to put more effort in on south but the system has worked well so far for me. Max velocity was down to 1000 clicks I finally didn't touch him for a week so i could have some more to use.
Hey mage_smasher. . . .

I wasn't aware of a rule that keeps you from killing in TA.
Is this ture?
If so shouldn't that function be disallowed?

Bonnybell, It is an unwritten rule or a gentlemans agreement that we all support. It is hard enough to kill monsters in TA without the worry of being attacked by another player. We cannot stop you from doing so but the result will be far worse than using that killing desire to kill the monsters.

TD

Still following blue
Yes, I found about about it. 
I won't be attacking anyone in TA from now on.

Sorry
 for the misunderstanding.

Yes, I found  out about it. 
I won't be attacking anyone in TA from now on.

Sorry
 for the misunderstanding.

I almost always clear south of the market, but I usually kill one or two monters north of the port square as well as one or two more on the square to the east of the port square before I reach the market square.  There is a perfectly logical reason for this.

I carry a miracle satchel.  When I arrive at the port, I'm always full health.  If I immediately move east, my miracle satchel won't be able to take effect since I'm at full health.  Therefore, I fight monsters north of the port until I am at least two miracle satchel doses down from my max.  I then move once to the east (miracle satchel takes effect), then attack to the south (miracle satchel takes effect again, meaning I'm almost at full health before the fight begins).

Similarly, I fight monsters on this middle square until I'm at least two miracle satchel doses down from my max again, then move to the market square to continue my relentless assult to the south.

This saves a maximum of two clicks per trip to the island.  This isn't much in the big picture, but once the strategy is known and understood, it's silly not to use it.

Sandy

Im using a mage, which means i have to heal after every fight. Pub means 3 click heals instead of 7, so i use less clicks up.