« Back to All Topics
Traps in missions and IQ
Traps in missions and IQ
Traps in missions and IQ
I am training a persistance fighter, but traps in the missions are KILLING me with no IQ.  How much does IQ help protect against traps??  Am i going to need to raise it to a 5 or 8 to make it worth it, or will only 1 or 2 points help??  THANKS!!
GOAT
ALso, on that note, how much does IQ prevent monsters from poinsening/diseasing(is that a word??), etc., you?? Anybody know? 
i wouldn't put any attribute points in intelligence if i was creating a persistence fighter especially if i was just to reduce the effect of traps. it's a waste of points that could be more useful in quickness, pers, dex or strength
invest in a miracle satchel if your worried about losing hp in missions.
you will always get calamities, i don't think intelligence affects this through experience but i'm not sure. the more higher a level you get less likely you are to receiving calamities from that particular monster.
get a prayer wheel also.
hope that answers your question
I easily made it through all missions with only 1 intelligence.  Just heal up completely before moving into a new square, and use 
http://LarkinorGuide.com
 to help you through the get-it-right-or-die questions.

Sandy
The "brain-ironer" traps all seem to take off 125hp and give you a "maybe you need more IQ" remark. 125hp isnt a lot...unless you only have 124 of course.
These traps can kill low level players easily, so basically a case of having greater than 125hp before meeting the trap, which may require healing fully or having to level up depending on the character level.

Cinder.
i've got a persistance fighter as well.  and i'm aware that putting points into iq is basically a waste, but i did put one extra point in (to get 2 iq), so that about 2 levels later, i had enough mana to use homeport, which does save clicks sometimes.  and like sandy said, answering questions properly helps, as does healing fully before walking onto a square with a trap on it.
--jason