« Back to All Topics
Blonde?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Blonde?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Blonde?
American Football FINALLY makes sense.......... 

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience. 

"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents." 

Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?" 

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!' 

I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!

[img=
http://img52.echo.cx/img52/9964/jamez4lc.jpg
]
u do kno that weve all prob heard this sooooo many times. was good tho

Not in England we ain't 

We play proper sports.;)
What, like cricket and cheese rolling? How can you have a game played over 5 days and yet still not guarantee a winner?
To give people an excuse for a day off work.
I stand corrected Smackam...

Rounders, or "baseball" as they call it here in North America, is the most pointless professional sport in my opinion. It's a kids game hyped up by drug abusers.
I love baseball. I do not play baseball though. I like to watch the games. Its fun to actually have stadium seats and drink the free beer and eat hot dogs and popcorn and be surrounded by a enthusiastic crowd that likes to get out of the house. It can be a good outing. I play softball though personally, good sport. 

Cricket? Is that the one where you hit the balls trough the arches? Sounds like...fun? Ever see the movie "Heathers"? 
football american style is the full out best sport in the world. u europeans need to watch it sumtime.
Doozer - I'm not sure about arches, it's mainly just to hit the ball as hard and far as possible. As a general question, is baseball played over 3 days with 3 separate games? It's just that in USA I saw all the games had 3 dates and wasn't sure why.

bloodywatergrl - I watched the Superbowl 2004 (I think it was that...there was some Philidelphian team who lost by a point or something) and got very bored. There is a reason it's only made it in a few countries outside North America which is it is so slow paced. There are so many commercial breaks it's unbelievable. Rugby is basically a more complex version of American Football - but they actually get hurt because they don't wear all the padding.

stupid. dont u kno that the commercials are the best things to watch during the superbowl?!
plus its full out violent unlike soccer. if a guy gets mad it turns into a full out brawl. with soccer its lame.
I cannot see how anybody could possibly say the cricket is more exciting than baseball.

Beppe, Baseball teams in the highest division play 162 games in a span from April to October which is roughly 5 to 6 games a week. Now it is not quite practical to play in a diffrent part of the country day after day. When teams meet usally they play a series of games anywhere between 2 and 5 games, and will play 3 or 4 series' with a team each year.
Yay for Snipe another baseball fan.

I use to love watching the Japanese play baseball too when I was growing up. They are great at it. I've even gone to a couple of Korean games as well. So, it may be an American past time, but some Asian countries also enjoy the sport quite a bit. 

I think the term rounders is kind of interesting for the game. I have never heard it called that before.

Smackamcracka. Oh. I see. Interesting. I'm not sure, but perhaps I was confusing cricket is. I think maybe I was think of croquet? (the spelling is probably off on that). My confusion. Snipe answered your question for you for the most part. Oh yea, after you hit the ball as faaarrr as you can in cricket, what do you do next then? Maybe I should just look it up on the internet :) Just like to talk I suppose.
I know about American football, we were allowed to play it when I was at school in London . One kid was a big fan, and when he suggested it to the teachers they said he could teach us touch football. I admit it's a fun game to play, and when they are not pharting around it's good to watch as well. I prefer 
real
 football (or soccer, as some call it), but recently the games I have watched have been so boring that I now cannot dis the American game.

Rounders is like softball, I was taking the 
oops
 because I think baseball is pointless. It's a kids game played by steroid induced over-paid imbiciles. In my opinion of course, obvious most of North America disagrees with me (surely they are all wrong?). My wife is Canadian, and she explained what it is all about - beer, hotdogs, a day out of the house, beer, more beer, rowdy behaviour, more hotdogs and beer, then a beer. Aparently most of the time is spent eating and drinking rather than watching the game.

As for the fights in American sports... ever since Todd Bertuzzi of the Canucks got a lenghty ban and a lot of stick for breaking Moore's neck (or was it back?) in the game against the Avalanche, I am not sure of what you guys want. You encourage the bust up, but when it goes wrong you blame the individual. Either the rules say that you are allowed to fight or not, but the punishment after a fight should be based on the action and not the result.
And yes, I don't place cricket much above baseball. At least cricket can be won or lost by good tactics, but with baseball it's often "swing - STRIKE, swing - BALL, swing - STRIKE, swing - luckily clips it to take one base". It seems as if the good hits are because of the laws of averages rather than skill. Yeah, I know there are exceptions.
i think that rugby is better than amercan football neday of the week and cricket is a very good gamedont like american football or baseball i think they are really stupid. any football yes its a foul you catch somone right and you can break thier leg which happens alot and it might break into a brawl and yes its a foul why have bad sportsmanship in a very popular game children who look up to these people who play football cant go doing it on the pitch can they???

i now its alot but still

GPR
Fishing is the most pointless sport to me. So is bowling.
golf, bowling, tennis, and fishing. so BOOOORING sports that u will never ever wanna do. i hate bowling unless i have a good team. tennis is pointless. golf, i just dont get it, hit the ball into the hole and go get it. and fishing, such a total waste of life.
I agree with you for the most part I suppose.

But tennis is a great sport. Its a sport that actually does require skill and a heck of a lot of Stamina and control.
Croquet, that's the one Dooozer (I'm not sure of the spelling myself). I've only played that a couple of times, not really the most interesting sport in the world.

Another question, is there a difference between Softball and Baseball?
well wat about swimming? that is a ver high stamina sport. it takes a lot of endurance. and u lose a lot of weight.
Fishing is a sport :O

Golf is one of those love it or hate it games. I used to hate it until I tried it, now I love it. I understand both mindsets.
Playing golf is good, watching it is incredibly boring.

And then you can hear it on the radio... :|
fishing is worse than kabadi then beppe:p?
football is just a cheap version of soccer how ya call it, and it was originated from it, so SSSHHHHH!......
LOL@Beppe. Yeah, you didnt know that fishing was a sport? See how bad that sport is :) I've been fishing a couple of times. Its a good way to take a nap outside. And if you don't catch anything to bring home and put on the grill...ugh, it bites.

When I was in college I had a friend who took me down to the football field to hit a few golf balls. After about 5 swings and the ball going nowhere, I have up rather quickly. I LOVE miniture gold though :D

Smack---there really are some sports that feel unbearable to watch eh. Especially on TV. I am one of the those types that would much rather play the sport then observe it. And Smack, there are only a few differences between Softball and Baseball. Its the same idea. Softball is better because almost anyone can play it and it makes for good recreational fun.

Another sport that I dig is any form of martial arts.

Wasnt there a new sport added to the Olympics? Something to do with twirling a wand with a long piece of fabric on it. Twirlers. I saw something like that on tv once and laughed. Sorry, dont mean to offend any twirlers out there.

oh yeah i swa that. i lmao. i kept on  askin is that a sport? yeah right. lmfao
football and rugby is pointless just a bunch of men looking for an excuse to slam each other.fishing isnt the best but at least you can eat fish in some poor countries fishing is a way of life and sauce of food.i prefer soccer (man united rule) and NBA basketball.i dont watch tennis but i have played it and its fun.I just dont like leyton hewitt.
my idol is michael phelps. god he is so hot. i think that swimmers and football players r the toughest athletes u can find. we have to go to practice at lik 5 in the mornin and leave at about 12 pm. its a hard work out.