« Back to All Topics
Market Idea....Need Support!
A long time back i posted in Veriacs thread Suggestions/Feedback but i got no feed back :(.....so heres what i thought i would do....

Give it to the Citizens an about to become Citizens, of Larkinor, a look at my idea :)

Heres the idea.....

We know wat has been stolen or what has been bought!

Every time i go to the market i've sold something....but i never know what.
So my suggestion would be to have some text, like when you 
have stolen from someone, thats shows what you have sold

We all get a message from when our house is robbed or when we get stolen from. So why cant this be added? :D 

There were a few people that actually liked the idea an the mentioned in Veriacs thread, that they did.

So theres my Idea. I think this would only make the game better, if it can be put into the game.

Mr.Mad1X-(

P.S. Who doesnt wanna know what they have sold on the market???

Yes it would be nice if we could enter the market and find....
>insert person< has bought >insert item< off you for >insert market price<
It would also show you who goes to the market often to buy what, and would be benificial to see who buys the nubs so you can see who goes off to build stuff....
It would mean you could learn a lot about people and what they build and make etc....well I'm in favour mad:D
It would be great if you could show your support 
here
.....ty In advance :)

Tx nodle :D

Mr.Mad1X-(
ok...now imagine someone with 800 different items on the mnarket, and they all get bought.....

Persons logs in, goes to market, and spends an hour or so looking at a pile of utterly useless messages saying "person Y bought 1 senseball", "person Y bought 3 Vampiric Herbs" etc

Apart from the fact that this would require a huige amount of data to be stored, you have to consider the impact on the game screen too. A small amount of scrolling is acceptable, but not if the screen needs to be scrolled a few thousand times just to reach the normal market buttons :S

Its a nice idea, but its just not practical :(

Ok :) np V....thx for your response :)

:_|

Mr.Mad1X-(
I have to post a rebuttal.  I think this is a great idea, and I'm not sure V's reply actually addresses the issue.

> spends an hour or so looking at a pile of utterly useless messages

If they are useless messages in that person's opinion, he/she will simply ignore them.

> this would require a huige amount of data to be stored 

If the information is only stored until the next time the person visits the market, it wouldn't take up much more space than that required to store the robbing data until the next time the person visits their home.

Keep in mind that those who are frequently selling numerous items (and will take up more than their share of table space) are also those who would be visiting the market frequently, thus clearing that table space frequently.

> but not if the screen needs to be scrolled a few thousand times just to reach the normal market buttons

The text area on the market screen comes below everything else.  The sort of person who would scroll down to the bottom of such a lengthy message is precisely the sort of person who would want to read that text.

Sandy
I agree.  I too, would like to know what I have sold and who I have sold it to, but people that don't care are under no obligation to read it.
this might be harder and some of you may not like this idea -- but basically to not have that pile of useless messages clogging up the screen when you enter the market, maybe the player could be notified while doing other things in the game. for instance, when someone buys their item, the next time the player clicks, it will give the message "*Mr. Mad1* has bought your *50* *stinkglands* for *5,000,000 silvers*" (thats just an example, the phrases and words within the stars will be replaced with the true info)... that way, the player does not have an overcrowded screen in the market.
just a thought, its not perfect... yet

jb

ps. mad, i really like your idea, i was just coming up with a compromise situation.