« Back to All Topics
TA Strategy
TA Strategy
TA Strategy
Okay, the first cell in TA has been open for over 24 hours now, and we keep having posts asking for votes about what we should do next. By my count we have placed over 6000 stones on the pub and almost 10k on the tent, so efforts are divided almost 50-50. If we keep on at this rate, we will never decide and continue to divide our efforts. The direction is better because we can see which direction has the fewest monsters before we choose. 

Okay, here is the deal. I DON'T WANT TO VOTE. Democracy is wonderful, but it takes a long time to execute. I want someone (preferably one of the beta testers) to PICK. Based on some experience. What can we get at the supply tent besides the subtatoo? How will that help us? Let's pick one and build it. If we keep dividing our efforts, it will take much longer.

Same with the direction. Let's pick a direction and go for it. 

So beta testers, please! Pick a direction, post it as the direction, and let us all get working on the same thing.

alpie (feeling a little schizo)
The Beta testers are divided!
But we (I think) agree on E. for the next block.
Just so you know, the USA is actually a republic.
I thought it was a democratic republic?:|
Is larki a democratic republic? In that case we need a Constitution!

Larki will need a Congress, members elected democratically, to represent the population in each of the 4 districts, mage, fighter, theif, and noobie. There will be 2 Senators, and a number of Representatives proportional to the population in each district. Elections for house will be held every 3 months. Senators 6 months.

The moderators will all be assigned seats on the Larki Supreme Court, and I will be the self-appointed president of Larki :D

I am running for Governer of Dark District B-)

Vote for me or you will be sorry. ;)
Okay, we have a direction, east. Now, beta testers, tent or pub?
You can all set up your goverment and I'll overthrow it in a military coup.  The newbies will be my soldiers - I'll tell them they can have high government offices in my new regime.
OK, I think the vote was a good idea.  I think the problem was that it was so disjointed, with discussions and votes coming in from all over the place.  Regardless, we did get a result from the various votes, generally pointing toward the pub.  As far as I know, only Slim and I (and maybe DMD) voted for the tent.

Even if we come to a resolution (and for a while I thought we had), that doesn't mean everyone is going to follow it.  I will.  But some people will just do what they want.
Is larki a democratic republic? In that case we need a Constitution!

Ummmmmm..

Last time I checked, we had a palace, a king and a prince. Pretty sure that makes larki a regency (if I remember that pub mission correctly)
So that rules out a coup...a revolution, now that may be an entirely different matter....

Cinder.

(Tuning up the guillotine)
Well, we now have harbors.  Do we have any tea to dump in it?  I am NOT dumping Deadly Diavovinos!
Well, there's always those other pub drinks... not the one with the missions, but the other two...
>Pretty sure that makes larki a regency 

Actually Cinder, in our world it's a monarchy.

However, we draw up a constitution and get a constitutional monarchy. :p
That's three votes for tent...

I wouldn't use the pub - the drinks I get are enough for me, and I can heal in three clicks with my healing spell anyway.  So I'd like to see the tent.  I can see how the pub might be better for mages, though, because they probably can't afford to waste MP on healing spells.

I'm doing the pub because I value cooperation and that's what the majority decided.