ANNOUNCEMENT: Updates to Pool/Snooker games
Posted in 
Billiards
ANNOUNCEMENT: Updates to Pool/Snooker games
Hi All,

There have been several updates to the games, which are detailed below:

SNOOKER:

smaller dots
larger D (matches proportion of real table) 
Ball Respotting now in line with official rules

8BALL/9BALL:

D removed 
legal shots: must have rail after obect ball is hit 
legal open break: must have 4 rails (or a ball pocketed) 

GUI:

holding SHIFT will lock view during AIM/FINE AIM (SHIFT+CTRL will work like old FINE AIM) 

Users of the download version of the game must update their version in order to be able to play. To update the download version, please visit the link below and click the download button.

http://flyordie.com/snooker

There is a slight issue with the download update, which means that you may see 4 small pink dots in the corner of the balls shown in the lobby, and some ranking balls may appear blank.

These will be fixed in a further release of the download version, expected later today.

gd gd:d

the no rail rule is much better now:d

the only thing left to add to 8ball rules is to FINALLY have to call the shots...all fluke would end then:D:D:d
If there are any technical issues regarding the new update, such as something not working properly, please post the full details in THIS THREAD ONLY so it can be investigated.

For users of the PC Version of the game, please ensure you are using 
Version 1.31
 which fixes the aforementioned issue regarding some balls not being seen properly.

Can't login, I get a message "client version mismatch"

It asks me to update the game - me = thick, how do I do this?
I downloaded a new version, installed it to my PC but when i open 3D Billiard i get a message : 
"Programm has made a not available opearation and will be closed"
 all time. What can i do? TY before u help me.
sorted - down;oaded new version - sry for the over reaction
All of a sudden I can't login - I subscribed in September 04 so am up to date - have down loaded the new software but still no good. Any suggestions?

Malc
please ensure that you are using 
Version 1.31
. If you are not, then update it using the instructions given in the previous post
I just downloaded version 1.31 and i think it's working good 
If version 1.31 won't start on your pc, please try to install this test version:

Download Here [link removed, use common donwload links]

If this version solves the problem, please provide us your operating system details (windows version, service pack number).

Thanks.

Found its a firewall problem - I use Norton Internet Security and I have to switch it off temporariky to get in. Then its ok. I switch on Windows Firewall instead.
Was watching a game and i noticed 2 things

1/ u cld see the pink and the black spots after they were respotted

2/ a ball was potted then the cue ball hit the brown in, its spot was free, it appeared half way down the table

wd fod for the update
I've downloaded the new version but it still aint letting me on. When i click to open it it says " the program has preformed an illegal operation". 
I even tried rebooting my computer and it still comes up with that.
Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Good updates, now for the tourny updates.
wot is the point in this new object ball first... wot if ure snookered, u have to smack it and how u gunna keep it safe at all??? its just dumb n crap basically
not bad only took 17 posts before ppl start moaning
moaning yes but its true, u cant come off the rail if ure snookered or else its a foul... so dont complain about moaning fool
YES I AGREE WITH YOU MORNING VIEW, SO IF YOUR SNOOKERED IN POOL YOU CANT HIT A CUSION TO TRY AND GET OUT OF THE SNOOKER BECAUSE IT'S CLASSED AS A BAD HIT!!!!VERY SILLY RULE I THINK 
lol, morning view upset coz i beat him coz of that rule :( ? ul ty
not just because u beat me with it... i can take defeat its just a really bad update 
yea, im not all in favour of it myself, but i guess it will sort out players like -Tiger- and Zeus :) and germans
just seen a black ball not respotted, no balls around the black spot, it was placed on the top cushion.

I am not moaning
I cant get onto it, whenever it loads up it says i performed illegal operation etc n wont let me any further.
ive downloaded both versions but on both im getting illegal action
While we talking about changes what is happening about Snooker Quick which operator proposed 
scooby sue wrote:

YES I AGREE WITH YOU MORNING VIEW, SO IF YOUR SNOOKERED IN POOL YOU CANT HIT A CUSION TO TRY AND GET OUT OF THE SNOOKER BECAUSE IT'S CLASSED AS A BAD HIT!!!!VERY SILLY RULE I THINK

That's not correct. If you hit a cushion and then the object with the object ball 
then
 hitting a cushion. It's not a foul. Well, it wasn't for me anyway!

[img=
http://img52.echo.cx/img52/9964/jamez4lc.jpg
]
TO MORNING VIEW:
the official 8ball rule for no rail is the new one...
so u should stop moaning,it makes the games even more realistic...
I'm also unable to log onto pc version after d/l both versions.  The error i receive is "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down".

Details are:

BILLIARD caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff88396.

Operator - I would really appreciate your help regarding this.  It appears i'm not the only person that is having this problem.

seriousplayer
It's the rules - a ball has to hit a rail after the cue strikes the object ball. Live with it.
we've said it like 5 times now, about it not loading and illegal operation ..Help ;\
Hi fellow Flyordie users.

As im sure you all know now Flyordie has updated its download version of the games.The link that was provided by operator wont work for every one.

All is ok though.We have got another link for you all that has been tested and works ok.

If this dont work for you please let us kno by leaveing a message to this topic.

scanner_man Flyordie Moderator

[url=
http://www.flyordie.com/pub/new/3DBilliardsInstall.exe
]DOWNLOAD v1.34
/url]
Thanks for making these changes, from initial viewing they look to be a great improvement. Well done for including both fine aim methods, and for getting the colour respot right. Even the spots don't look like greens :D
Thank you very much Mike! That link works for me and i'm finally back on pc version.  Much appreciated.

seriousplayer
How do i download it is not working ?
i cant come in to snooker and 8ball more :'(
why:@??!!?
lol Otchy - 1 more day, u tight ...
hi sweet revenge if you have any sore of firewall on it does that so tuern off every firewall on your pc then try installnig again and it might work ps aaron
Is it my imagination or in the Top view on the downloaded game do the white dots for the blue pink and black look reall really like the green ball? Totally freaked me out and took me a ages to find the green ball... please say it is the game and not my eyes.
8BALL/9BALL: 

D removed (whats that)
legal shots: must have rail after obect ball is hit(is this new) 

Dont wanna sound dumb i just want to know whats different about the game

any reply would be appreciated

RTD wrote:

8BALL/9BALL:

D removed (whats that)
legal shots: must have rail after obect ball is hit(is this new)

Dont wanna sound dumb i just want to know whats different about the game

any reply would be appreciated

The D is the half circle off the white line. Compare the Snooker table and eightball table

Of course it's new :p

BTW OP great changes :)
I downloaded version 1.34 and when i was on the practice table after a few minutes the table goes black. Any way to resolve this?
the more rules, the more less fun, raindogs?
The least amount of rules = no rules, which = no game and no fun. This isn't a new game, it's a simulation of a real one. The rule changes are to make it more realistic.
Hey Veriac / Op

There is a problem I have experienced on the old version occasionally, which is coming up even more frequently in 1.34. After my opponent plays a shot and the balls stop, they suddenly get repositioned on the screen. The common denominator in this problem is that I am using the PC version whilst my opponent is using the web based game. I presumed that the download is calculating the ball paths then synchronising with the web game. It's rare that it happens. Recently (with the new version) I have have had a couple of games when my opponent has actually potted balls and they have reappeared on the table!

Any ideas?
I belive this is because when you play a shot there are 2 sets of calculations done to determine the result. One is done at the FOD server, and the second (the one you see), is done locally on your own machine.

If there is a discrepancy, the results from the FOD server are always the ones used, hence the difference.

If this info is wrong im sure OPERATOR will correct me ;)

That's pretty much what I thought (web version being server controlled) - I guess it's a case of just accepting that my download isn't always right :)