« Back to All Topics
WIGAN ATHLETIC PROMOTED TO PREM.
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
Well id just like to say well done to wigan ath for getting to the prem...most of my mates went but i watched it on tele and they deserved to win today and get promoted aswell, lets just hope preston go up aswell get more derbies next season :p...it still sounds mad thinkin theres gonna be man u, arsenal , chelsea , liverpool etc down here next season ! 
were you from supa ? and 2nd will do fine smacka ;)
Im from Woking ( There in Conference) My mum is from a town near Wigan and I started supporting them from last season for some reason.
well done wigan , getting promoted was a far bigger accomplishment than sunderland achieved. the resources you have in comparison is unbelievable, just shows you what can be achieved when you have heart and the will to fight to win results.
Ummm, Lou I think you may have missed something in the press :|

Wigan's chairman has spent £75 million on the club and has promised a transfer budget of around £25 million for Paul Jewell to use in the Premiership.

Sunderland are £38 million in debt and have spent minimal amounts of money. We have released Marcus Stewart, top scorer for us this season, as his wage is too high.

I think this shows who has the most resources.

Even so, both teams' achievements are remarkable and I wish Wigan the best of luck in 36 of their games next season. ;)

And I wish Sunderland luck in 36 of theres ;)
Unless it comes to a situation like this season and we need to rely on other results in which case I wish you less luck :p
It won't, we'll be in mid-table and you'll be breaking your lowest points record!
But at least there will be people to watch us go down :p
Did you see yesterday? The only real empty stand was the reading bit. Damn Police did it. Who needs em anyway?
A sniff of glory and they come flocking in:p Same at SoL yesterday :p
well smackem your right , i didnt know about the amount of money etc. what i dont get is how the heck sunderland are in so much debt. the crowds they get week in and week out is unreal especially for first division.
i just dont get it, why are they in so much debt?
Wigan will be there 1 season, another Norwich City i think...

And by the way, Preston will be promoted :D
I,m old enough to remember when Wigan were a non league side..its a superb effort them getting into the top flight..ah well another six points for United lol...liddin..well done wigan
AND..im not spamming acey..just want to say.. i dont want wigin to turn into the latterday Wimbledon..MK DONS? eho the hecks that? ...i just hope it dont turn into wigankdons
wigankdons 1 mk dons 0..very confusing lol
lmao wigan will probably go back down next season depends on what gets spent etc  lmao jingle
Last time we were in the Premiership, we overpaid too many players. The wage bill rocketed and we also funded the new stadium. The club was only surviving due to the Premiership benifits, such as TV money. Relegation, no money and most of the players leaving. I think we only have 3 players from the campaign left in the squad.

Hopefully, with big crowds coming in, we can get back on track :)
If Sunderland can survive this first year and start moving on upwards, they will be out of debt in no time. The TV money will help, and being in the prem will get you bigger sponsorship deals.

At Wigan, we are completly bankrolled by Mr JJB. Not only does he own us, but he even sponsors us. On the new shirt there are 2 JJB logos too.
And now for todays football results..
Manchester United 6..Liverpool 0
Man
cheste
r City 0..wiginkdons 6
newcastle 0 middlesboro .0 and sunderland 0..we can't 
seperat
e that lot..its a draw lol
Mk dons 8 wilbledon 9...
YEah well done wigan
Just hope ipswich win the playoffs now because they deserbe it

just wish sunderland had 20million - 25million to spend on new players like wigan do! :(