« Back to All Topics
FOD Suggestion Council
Posted in 
General
FOD Suggestion Council
Posted in 
General
FOD Suggestion Council
Now, i know my workplace previously had one of these, it's basically a group a people who suggest new ideas to the company. Now FOD must hold some sort of meetings with their moderators, would having a 'Suggestion Council' of repectable players who meet up with the moderators and Support or whoever the meetings involve be considered a good idea? This was, it will take the heat off FOD providing us with information as the members of this 'Suggestion Council' could possibly have their own section on the forum to report any news that FOD queries aswell as giving a chance for us users to get out points across.

Please write back - don't abuse the thread ty

Hardy
roflmao at hardy ....say that in english please m8 ;) 
THis is an excellent idea - in theory. However, it would be very hard to implement. I can't be bothered to explain why but anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see the potential problems with it. Perhaps a voting booth, with votes on, say, whether there should be a 2vs2 snooker room, would be an alternative?

Nick
With a new vote every week or so.

Nick
Nick - it shouldn't be that hard to implement. I assume that they must hold there meetings on MSN or possibly in a some sort of room on FOD that us players can't see when meetings are held. All it needs are respectable players that won't abuse it (e.g. Snipe, Beppe, Machismo and others) Meetings don't need to be held that frequent, just enough to allow players to communicate with the 'higher' members that run the game.

Hardy
OK, I'll name some problems for you :p.
a) People would complain about who to elect to this group. For example I would greatly protest again Machismo.
b) A lot of FOD's members aren't this sensible; the majority perhaps. Therefore the elected players are not representing the majority.
c) (A little harder to follow perhaps) If someone suggest an idea to one of the council members, they may not  mention the idea in the council as it was meant by the player originally.
d) There may be stronger and weaker members in the council and therefore some may not get their say. This way some FOD members would not have their view expressed as loudly as others.
e) If a lot of people outside the council believed in something, but none of the council members believed in it, it may not get mentioned meaning again that the majority are not represented.
f) A lot of people's PCs cannot support large conversations on MSN.
I have thought of 6 valid points in however long I have been writing, about 10 minutes. There are more that I have been unable to put into words as yet. I am not saying it is not a good idea, but there are some significant problems that need to be overcome.

Nick
Yeah all points are valid ones :p, maybe the moderators could choose the members and possibly keep them under wraps? E.g. Have a specific section on the forum for suggestions - where it will be the councils responsibility to check these and make decisions on which ideas to choose from?
I just think it would be well worth a try and its not like its going to cost them money to do it...

Hardy
Maybe it could be like a secret job, to be part of the council, and you wouldn't be able to tell anyone. THAT would be cool.
But yeah. Hmm. I dunno I'm not listening I'm too tired. I agree w/e hardy lol :p

Nick
That last post sounds sarcastic; it isn't.

Nick
lol yeah i think so too but need more peoples views..
I have a suggestion for you, change the tables back the way they were before!