« Back to All Topics
Medal Of Honor
Posted in 
Tanx
Medal Of Honor
Posted in 
Tanx
Medal Of Honor
I just wanted to take this time to pay tribute to SFC Paul Smith who recieved the highest award that can be given by the United States of America. Although it took 2 yrs for it to be given it was finally awarded to his family on april 4th in a ceremony at the white house. SFC Smith gave his life to save the lives of so many others. Shortly after his unit was tasked out on a mission they were suddenly ambushed and outflanked by a company sized element of iraq's republican guard. When he realized that if he didnt pull his men back his platoon would be lost he told them to retreat as he stayed behind to cover their retreat. SFC Smith got onto a .50 machine gun and started takin out everything in his way he took out an estimated 50 enemy soldiers before being mortally wounded from a shot to the head. In his actions he saved the lives of his platoon and the lives of many soldiers in an aid station just down the road from his position and stopped the enemy advance. This great NCO is the first to have won the Medal of Honor since somalia in 1993. He was an american soldier and a hero. I thank you for your service. HOOAH

SPC Shaw 
wow..... what a man giving his life of others. he sure does deserve that medal. ill give a minute silence of him.

p.s.  somalia in 1993 what happened in that?
Oct 4 1993...two delta team snipers MSG Gary Gordon and SFC Randy Shugart volunteered to go in by themselves and take control of a downed blackhawk....shortly after they went in the two of them came under heavy fire from more than 200 enemy militia soldiers. In the end the two men gave their lives to protect CW3 Durant. Chief durant was captured but the two snipers gave their lives in an attempt to hold the position until relief came. The two of them knew that the area was "hot" and that friendly troops wouldnt arrive for quite some time but they still went in to protect their comrades....they took out many enemy soldiers but were eventually subdued. They were great soldiers and NCO's and they gave the ulitimate sacrifice to protect their fellow soldiers. There hasn't been a Medal of Honor given to a living recipient since vietnam.
WOW i pay all my respects to these guys...im just surpised no one else can be bothered to post. thats just sad.

i will not annoy you by asking what happened in vietnam and thanks for telling me the story shawa.
whoa i never saw this post...my bad :8}

i'd just like to say, that those men have done a great deed for us...and its another example of how loyal people are to their comrades and stuff. They are true heroes sacrificing themselves for another person or 2 or 3. Its not surprising that they deserve the 
Medal Of Honor
I pay all my respects to these men for what they did. It kinda hits home for me because my dad faught in samalia with the 10th Mountain Division based in Fort Drum New York, and he just returned home from Iraq with the 1st Cavalry Division based in Fort Hood Texas.
Shawa,

You are righteous for taking the time to recognize the valiant and heroic efforts of SFC Paul Smith.  We live in such an ungrateful society.  I couldn't agree with you more.  It makes me proud to know that others respect and honor men such as SFC Paul Smith.  

Strength and Honor

Max
WOW SHAWA,THANKS FOR THE FOR THE SALUTE TO  THE MEDAL OF HONOR WINNER.WELL HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE THE WINNERS FOR KNOWING HIM.HE DIDNT WIN HIMESELF,YOU COULD SAY!SAVED THE LIVES OF OTHERS SO THEY COULD CONTINUE LIFE.
Thats really brave of them and all. Has any tanx player done that?
are you having a laugh???its just a game
these men had real courage not computor animated tanx
I know shawa is talking about real men, but how does that relate to tanx?
lol i heard of this and saw it in the movie black hawk down.. that movie is awsame :) but not the best and yes they got courage but didnt the 2 men have to go because ithat was their orders to go rescue a down man in somalia?? anyone wanna c the movie of it rent black hawk down!:)

Its a good movie, but not as good as Pearl Harbor, or Saving Private Ryan
is that your real name, SPC Shaw?  or did you just forget to put the a in the end?  change of subject.  the MEDAL OF HONOR is really the greatest award any person can get.  no fooling.  actually, the army doesn't give away medals, except maybe like the Army Commendation medal.  but truly, all the rest of the medals, you have to earn those medals with your blood, sweat, and sometimes your life.  that's one thing that's noble about the army.
Im actually in the U.S. Army and im an E-4 so that makes me SPC Shaw. This post had nothing to do with tanx it was a post i started to honor the sacrifice's payed by SFC Smith. He gave his life so that many others could go home once again and see their loved ones. Now on another note. Many americans dont like this war but that gives them no right to badmouth the soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen that fight in it, we are only doing what we are told and we are doing everything we can to keep another terrorist attack from happening on US soil. Someday people will come to understand that the right they were given to protest was granted to them only after wars were won. 
YOU TELL'EM SHAWA!MAYBE WHEN CAR BOMBS ARE GOING OFF OVER HERE SOMEBODY WILL WISH THEY HAD BACKED THE SOLDIERS MORE!
Every time I hear about another suicide car bombing , I always think who is stupid enough to do something like that.
When I talk to people about this they say its because they think they will get into Heaven or something , then I think how stupid that is, how will killing 30 people
 (people who have families , sons and daughters, and people who love them , people who dont deserve to die) 

get you in Heaven:|. I honestly think the people who do the suicide bombings must be SO high on something to actualy think they will be rewarded in some way.

P.S. If this somehow offended someone I'm sorry , I just wanted to say what's been on my mind for a long time.

Razgriz

[img=
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/the_razgriz/GhostGuy2.bmp
]
Speaking of heaven, how will anyone get into heaven? How do you know what Gods requirement for heaven is? How do you know that giving charities and alms will get you into heaven. It doesn't matter what religion you are, in another religion, you won't be considered going to heaven.
Speaking of suicide bombings, NOT that i supported it or anything--- what will you think if other countries took over the US and the US had to resort to guerilla warfare, like suicide bombings?
i'd still think its dumb
 (killing innocent people)
I agree. But then again, how do you know those people are innocent. Maybe they were terrorists too and a kind civilian blew them up. 
i dont think it would be kind to kill 30 people and i dont think terrorists would be in one big group where it will be easy to get them , also it wouldnt be kind to blow urself up in a market:| ...
Hey Fish did you forget that the US won the revolutionary war by using guerilla tactics. Every1 with a brain would come to realize that going musket to musket on a wide open field is just stupid but guys this was about a MOH not guerilla tactics get back on subject plz. 
I know shawa (sry). I was just suggesting the Razgriz expand his view. By the way do you have a list of army awards for distinction and bravery?
is here eny1 who wants to join to MOHAAS clan if u want or u want to ask sometihng send message to forio@hotmail.com or tuomassiru@yahoo.com
Yes Fish he is talking about a real Person and is showing respect, but with ur idiotic reply..u dont understand the word Respect to the Brave people who give there lives for others
I only read the first sentence( i didnt felt like reading the whole thing) and congratz to him.