« Back to All Topics
draw with repetition
Posted in 
Chess
draw with repetition
Posted in 
Chess
draw with repetition
Unfortunately I found that it is not possible to draw by the repetition of the position althought it is normal in chess. Is there any other possibility to acchive draw if your possition has been repeated three times and opponent refusses draw?
No,no possibility to draw with the 3x repetition chess rule. the only possibility of draw is if both opponents agree on it or remain with 2 kings and no more pieces
I agree, Fly or Die, should stick to FIDE rules, and incorporate this in programme. What happens if one player is short on time, and plays for repetition, even though the opponent, doesnt sgree to draw, it is a draw. I remember playing someone, and I was an exchange up, but same ammount of pawns, and judged it to be a draw, she refused, because I was short on time. Rather a cheap way to win. It is like players who refuse to resign even though they are peices down, and want to continue, thinking that a player of 100 plus is going to make about 5 mistakes, it is just bad sportsmanship.
You can claim a draw if the same position occurs 3 times, just like in the official FIDE rules.
Your opponent does not have to accept it, the game will end in a draw.
The same stands for the 50 moves rule.

Thanks,

OP
 Yes, but, and I am not sure about this, you have to agree to the 50 move rule BEFORE the game starts. And in any tourney, there are always kibbitzers there, and I am pretty certain that if both players have recorded their moves, and submit them to kibbitzer he}she will rule that the game is drawn.