« Back to All Topics
Those Pieces
Posted in 
Chess
Those Pieces
Posted in 
Chess
Those Pieces
I have to say that I find these small stubby pieces very offputing as they all seem to look the same.One's concentration should be on the game and not trying to differintiate between the pieces.I played a guest last night and he gave up after 22 or 3 moves as black when I wasnt particularly dominating the game,asked for a return as white.I was in in a reasonably strong position when "Game Over you lost" came up.Do we have the right of an explanation for this.?Maybe I moved a wrong piece.Or are you allowed to make an illegal move without being told.If we were told how we lost or the imminent mate pointed out we might learn from our mistakes which surely is what it is about. 
no,u can't move a wrong piece, u can see "Ivalid Move" in this case but then you can go on with the game. you've got 20 mins for a game, maybe the time finished in your case
those pieces are terrible. I've just played 3 times here but I still cannot recognize what is what. they all really look the same. first time I saw them, I started laughing, I couldn't play. I hope they'll change them one day...
Too bad, the visual. 
Perhaps it's funny for star war, but not for player.
And we cannot change them.
I don't reconnize any piece.
So I don't play with anymore.
Soo long
Hi, 

I like the pieces very very much and they are also part of the reason why I play chess in FlyOrDie.
The other chess sites are a bit boring because you see the same pieces you would use on a real life board.
In my opinion they make the game a bit more cheerful and not too serious.

I think that if you are good at chess, you should be able to play with any kinds of pieces.
the pieces are cool, you should only get used to them, they are originals. they're really cool i think. I also had problems at beggining, but you just need more practice... Good Luck next time..
The pieces are "originial" in their own sense, but honestly a second option to choose between Stauton or some other graphic design would be nice.