« Back to All Topics
Music
Posted in 
Off-topic
Music
Posted in 
Off-topic
Music
what r-a-p singer do you prefer? what hip.hop singer do you prefer? :) My fav r.a.p singer is DJ Clue. Hip.Hop.. eminem.. well, i know hes sopoused to be a r-a-p singer.. but. i think he makes hip.hop music too..;)

SLIM SHADY-LNCB
I'll just say, favourite rápper

Oh my.. I have a few ! 

Tupac Shakur
Notorious B.I.G (known as biggie)
SHYNE
LLOYD BANKS
StickyFingaz
Lloyd banks and Eminem :)
r.ap and hip hop ^ :)

who freestyles good ? :p
^Jin and Eminem^ :)

~AJ
id hav 2 say eminem 2 although i like chingys stuff hes released and tupac ofcourse.... most tracks dre's r good its hard 2 define hip hop and rap though dnt u think bcos personally i think eminem is a rapper not a hip hop artist :p an some dnt deserve to be called either *cough* ja rule *cough*
50 cent n Eminem, o yeah nellys gd 2;)
ROLFMAOLMLFO!!!! 

hahaha... it's obvious that you all don't even know the difference between r.a.p and hip hop... so what's the point in asking the question in the first place? and what's the points in replying, if you don't understand the question?? Geezes... 

"Telegram to Hip Hop: 
Dear Hip Hop .(stop). 
This ish has gone too far. (stop). 
Please see that mixer and turntables are returned to Kool Herc. (stop). 
The ghettos are dancing off beat. (stop). 
The master of ceremonies have forgotten that they were once slaves and have neglected the occasion of this ceremony. (stop). 
Perhaps we should not have encouraged them to use cordless microphones, 
for they have walked too far from the source and are emitting a lesser frequency (stop). Please inform all interested parties that cash nor murder have been added to the list of elements. (stop). 
We are discontinuing our current line of braggadocio, in light of the current trend in "realness". (stop). 
Give my regards to Brooklyn"

Anyway... the guy who wrote that is my favourite rapper AND hip hop artist... 
Good luck trying to figure it out...
u wrote all that and all u needed 2 do was say who your fav rapper was:|
You replied and all you needed to do was read... tee-hee 

And no, i didn't write that... this is the internet... there's something like 'copy & paste'... you might wanna find out how that works, it's very useful...
Besides, the question made no sense, so i couldn't answer it before pointing that out... 
Also, a lot of names that are called hip hop in here, have less in common with hip hop than James Brown has... just wanted to point that out, so you won't look like idiots in the future...

Peace

of pie

apple
well in a way you're correct r.appers dont sing- they r.ap
singign requires vocals :D thats why i ra.p :p

~AJ
Imfao, y wud i feel like an idiot?:|
Emcee, are you saying that rapping isn't a form of singing? So, the material that any rapper puts out can't be called a "song"? Hmmm.....

And Rodney... I didn't say you would FEEL like an idiot... read that again...
no it is not called a song
it's called a "joint" 
there is new and old school ;)

are you doubting my skills ? :O

~AJ
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the word "joint" is slang for "
song
"... and it's not even only used in r.ap and hip hop... so thanks for proving my point

And if you want me to be honest... yes, i'm seriously doubting your skills... and i also doubt that you know what hip hop is about... 

Peace
of cake

"Stop writing raps and go play volleyball"
musics all about individual tastes and opinions the moment u start imposing your views and definitions on people we end up with a load of artists saying the same thing to the same beat so criticising peoples views on issues like this is counterproductive surely? :p?
well, :) i only wanted to know whos your favorite singer :)thx for reply

:) SLIM SHADY-LNCB
ok let me switch directions here ..

>>Emcee, are you saying that rapping isn't a form of singing? So, the material that any rapper puts out can't be called a "song"? Hmmm.....

UHH? where did that come from ? who said what a rapper 
raps
 isnt considered a song to Off
whyte

have you ever listened to instrumentals ? how about the words ONLY without the beat ?:| sounds like talking in a rhythm to me :O
- in singing they use different pitches (* maybe you hould study;) ) Do Ra Mi Fa So La Ti Do - i know this because i study music on bass and treble clefs .. do you ? :) 
http://www.winMX.com
 <-- download some songs without beats and listen to them you will see what im talking about

~AJ

- I'm coola' than Ice Cream, go ahead step into my custard //
-But I'm hott, dog, all I need it ketchup and mustard //
Slim Shady... i guess you should sit down, because i bet a million dollars that you're not the real one... you even fail to see that your hero is making fun of people like you that want to be just like him and lack a personality of their own... 
Anyway, if you don't even see that, i shouldn't have expected you to understand the difference between r.ap and hip hop and ask a question about it that actually makes sense... i'm sorry, i apologize... I did answer your 'question' already though...

Fluker... im not trying to impose MY 'views' or 'definitions' on anybody... I was talking about a 
fundamental
 difference (between r.ap and hip hop) that people here don't seem to understand... That was until Emcee decided to transform it into a meaningless discussion about whether r.ap is a form of singing or not... which doesn't even matter...
But my opinion on that meaningless topic (I'm just sharing, not imposing, Fluker...) is that rapping is definitely a form of singing... Hip hop has it's roots in, among other genres, '60's and '70's soul music (yes, Emcee... you might want to study up on THAT)... a lot of that soul actually almost sounds the same as the early hip hop... Now, Emcee, try and tell me that soul is not a form of singing (or is that also rapping??)... and if you agree that soul is singing, and the early rapping sounded almost the same, how come it all of a sudden isn't 'singing' anymore? hmm... strange! 
And saying that you're only singing if you're using the do re me fa bla bla bla is simply shortsighted... or are you thinking that hip hop is the only musical form that doesn't use it? are you even thinking that musical notes haven't been used by hip hoppers already? Maybe you should take of those eyeflaps man... Hip hop is bigger than the monotonous, untalented, misogynous car and jewelry show you see on television all day... 
But then again, call it whatever you want to call it... if you don't want to call it 'singing', then that's too bad for you... it'll just limit your vocabulary... i couldn't care less...

Oh, and no thanks, i don't want WinMX... if i want viruses on my pc, i can easily find another way... i'll download stuff from a good program instead...

P.S. I'm sorry if i come of as a little rude... i'm just getting sick of the misinterpretation and abuse of a whole culture... i still love y'all though ;)

Have a nice day!
Peace
of pie 

dude/even Vanilla Ice is cooler than you/ i'll step in your custard/ ... and then make you lick my shoe/
and even Ice Cube is hotter than you/ literally/ you'll need all that sauce to spicen up your lyrical ability/
my spirituality will expose your unoriginality/ 1 on 1 but you still feel like a minority
>>a lot of that soul actually almost sounds the same as the early hip hop...
are you crazy ? you must listen to the TV music
you have to get the underground stuff and unreleased .. that is whats makes you wrong
>>if you don't want to call it 'singing', then that's too bad for you... it'll just limit your vocabulary...
how will it limit my vocabulary ? :O please explain .. im confused ;\ 
>>Oh, and no thanks, i don't want WinMX... if i want viruses on my pc, i can easily find another way... i'll download stuff from a good program instead...
WinMX has no spyware AT ALL maybe you should try out some sites before accusing them .. ?:| :)
>>And saying that you're only singing if you're using the do re me fa bla bla bla is simply shortsighted
quote where i said it was ONLY  for singing .. :|
>>even Ice Cube is hotter than you/ literally/
i'll give you props there .. that's almost nice (but not true) :p

~AJ

>>>dude/even Vanilla Ice is cooler than you/ i'll step in your custard/ ... and then make you lick my shoe/
and even Ice Cube is hotter than you/ literally/ you'll need all that sauce to spicen up your lyrical ability/
my spirituality will expose your unoriginality/ 1 on 1 but you still feel like a minority

-guys growin brave, who you tryin' to spit at ? // kids like you mess around and they end up gettin' 
<
banned word rhymes with limp
>
 smacked // get back / you beat me , where's your dream headin' // my flow's hott // yours is as sweet as a lemon // i'm endin' / your flow like a was buildin' a dam // man / do you see ths ? // when i bust my rhymes, it's nothin' but genious // but like all rounds, i'm always the next to win // dogg .. how the hell you get beat by a mexican //

Big Playa' - 
Girls try to impress, yeah they try to flatter me //
'cause i got game, boy, all i need are the batteries //

http://www.sixshot.com

Emcee Skwared

AKA

Caption
I am constantly confused by the way ppl connect WinMx and viruses. I've used WinMx for a long time and it has never given me any harmful files. It is far better than Kazaa and easier to use.

Smack ;)
are you crazy ? you must listen to the TV music
you have to get the underground stuff and unreleased .. that is whats makes you wrong

Can you explain this please? because you're not making a lot of sense... even if i listened to TV music, that wouldn't make me wrong... a lot of '70's soul music sounds like the old school hip hop, and that's a FACT... actually there is no clear point at which hip hop started... you couldn't tell what was hip hop and what not in the very beginning, because it sounded so similar to other genres... 

how will it limit my vocabulary ? please explain .. im confused

It will limit your vocabulary because you have one word less to discribe rapping... easy as that.

WinMX has no spyware AT ALL maybe you should try out some sites before accusing them .

Where did you get it that i haven't tried winMX before? I actually have had 2 viruses, using WinMX... so there... and yes, smack, Kazaa is way worse... you can be lucky if you have a day without a virus there... 

quote where i said it was ONLY for singing .

You didn't, and i didn't say you did either... maybe you should read the post before answering... 
You said that "in singing they use different pitches", as a way to prove that rapping can't be singing... so what you're saying is that vocal music that doesn't use it, can't be called 'singing'

guys growin brave, who you tryin' to spit at ? // kids like you mess around and they end up gettin' <banned word rhymes with limp> smacked // get back / you beat me , where's your dream headin' // my flow's hott // yours is as sweet as a lemon // i'm endin' / your flow like a was buildin' a dam // man / do you see ths ? // when i bust my rhymes, it's nothin' but genious // but like all rounds, i'm always the next to win // dogg .. how the **** you get beat by a mexican //

Look at you coming at me all crazy/ just save it/ your r.ap sounds lazy/ just face it/ talking ‘bout smacking me from the start/ trying to act hard/ Me, I’d rather help than fight you/ I’d rather hug than swing/ I ain’t a thug and ain’t about the bling/ and I’m a straight up vegetarian/ I don’t want any beef/  but/ in brief/ after my r.ap is done/ you’ll call me the chief/ and when I bust a riddle/ it makes your girl blush and giggle/ while you’re not even in the middle/ you’re less than mediocre/ you’re a joke/ Errrr?/  Your flow’s hot? Even my nose flows nicer, although it’s only snot/ you can’t even rhyme your way around the censure / how lame is that?/ rhyming in stars and little descriptions/ dude/ that ain’t phat/ it just shows your ‘limited vocabulary’/ I’d even beat you if I rhymed in Swahili/  and you’re so “genious” that you spelled it wrong/ kind of ironic/ you shouldn’t even touch the microphone/ stick with sipping gin&tonic/ You’re always next to win?/ hold on son/ I’ll hand you over your dustbin/ you can’t even call yourself an MC/ that’s just a fantasy/ like Star Wars/ im trying to keep peace throughout the galaxy.

Peace
out

Girls try to impress, yeah they try to flatter me //
'cause i got game, boy, all i need are the batteries //

You may be a game, boy/ but you’re no match/ 
You’re just kindling for my fire raps 

>>even if i listened to TV music, that wouldn't make me wrong... a lot of '70's soul music sounds like the old school hip hop, and that's a FACT...

to clear things up:
 -i'm not talking about early hiphop nor old school
 -i am talking about the latest music: Llody Banks, Jin, 40. Cal, and stil including Eminem
Get all the underground music.. preferrable try to look for them in the Streets of NYC, NY or the streets of Atlantic City, NJ. 

>>I actually have had 2 viruses, using WinMX... so there...

only you :) anyone you know who does get viruses ? (although you could lie to make yourself feel better)

>>>quote where i said it was ONLY for singing .
>>You didn't, and i didn't say you did either... maybe you should read the post before answering... 

hmm does this ring a bell?:| 
" And saying that you're only singing if you're using the do re me fa bla bla bla is simply shortsighted... "

and my final question .. have you listened to any r.ap without beats YET?! :O:)

"rhyming in stars and little descriptions"  the word was heII but it wouldnt let me type it because of the filter .. and mods said that word was alright to say.. mayeb i should ask OP :O:p

~AJ

:: hands over mic, notepad, and #2 pencil ::
there .. make some rhymes that go together and makes sense.. my apologies but I've tried every style to r.ap that and it wouldn't go. It would be nice to hear you in real life lmao..

>>Your flow’s hot? Even my nose flows nicer, although it’s only snot/
ONE good punch line through that whole thing :D wow try practicing on the streets .. then move to The Studio .. then maybe a record deal ;)
PS: this is one of the best debated I;ve had since i've been here .. but you're falling :):P

maybe one day i'll try Beppe ;)

~AJ
lol good luck aj;)
or maybe you should go after snipe,
he has smart comebacks

dont know if both of them could ra.p,but wat the hay:)
yup lol they are the 2 brightest (non-mods) on this site :p state their opinion knowing they are right and proving everyone else wrong .. :) maybe thta's why we don't argue with each other ? :O
smart mods - Veriac and Ghost M.P. :p

~AJ
to clear things up:
-i'm not talking about early hiphop nor old school
-i am talking about the latest music

Hmm, you're not talking about old school, just the 'latest music'? You're however failing to see that if the old school rapping can be called singing, it wouldn't make sense to say that the new stuff can't be called singing anymore... or where exactly would it have changed from r.ap that can be called singing to r.ap that can't be called singing?? You can't view old and new school as 2 completely different things, im sorry, makes no sense. at all.

(although you could lie to make yourself feel better)

I really don't care if you believe me or not... i just don't see how i'd feel better by lying... 

>>>quote where i said it was ONLY for singing .
>>You didn't, and i didn't say you did either... maybe you should read the post before answering... 

hmm does this ring a bell " And saying that you're only singing if you're using the do re me fa bla bla bla is simply shortsighted..."

Ok... let me try to explain this for the THIRD time... You didn't say it was ONLY for singing, in the sense that it can also be used for instrumentals and such... you said however that r.ap can't be seen as singing BECAUSE they're not using it, which is simply shortsighted... 

and my final question .. have you listened to any r.ap without beats YET?

Haha, did you really think i'd be in a hip hop discussion without having heard every aspect of it? Of course i've listened to a capella's... and i love spoken word...

make some rhymes that go together and makes sense.. my apologies but I've tried every style to r.ap that and it wouldn't go.

I'm afraid that says more about your style than it does about my rhymes... maybe you should try changing your flow during your raps, it would be less boring... there's too many one-dimensional MC's... 

ONE good punch line through that whole thing

hmm, yeah, that's the ONLY punchline in that whole thing... did it maybe sink through that i wasn't even trying to rhyme in punchlines? I was trying to get a message across... guess you didn't get it... and then again, 1 good punchline is still 1 more than you... or would you consider "yours is as sweet as a lemon" as a GOOD punchline?? (for the record: lemons ain't even sweet), or maybe your 
highly
 unoriginal ego-tripping?? "who you tryin' to spit at?","kids like you mess around and they end up gettin' <banned word rhymes with limp> smacked","when i bust my rhymes, it's nothin' but gen
i
ous","i'm always the next to win"... i'm sorry kid, 
nothing
 i haven't heard before... actually i've heard all that 
SO
 much that it got really annoying... "
my flow's hott
"... glad you tell me, coz i completely wouldn't have noticed it...

this is one of the best debated I;ve had since i've been here..

this is actually one of the worst discussions i've ever been in... 1) because the topic is meaningless  2) because i have to explain things 3 times  3) because you didn't make one valid point whatsoever...

but you're falling

you should be glad that you can't fall... 

Peace
of pie

"You swear you're underground, and it fits, rest in piece // you're so underground, and it fits, rest in piece."
eveything you said did not make any sense to me .. ;\ 
can someone intelligent plese tranaslate ? :_|

i have one remaining statement
>>or would you consider "yours is as sweet as a lemon" as a GOOD punchline?? (for the record: lemons ain't even sweet), 
lemons aren't sweet; (should i leave footnotes?) neither are your rhymes ;) hmm wordplay :O? :D

~AJ
everything you said did not make any sense to me ..

Haha, no comment.

lemons aren't sweet; (should i leave footnotes?) neither are your rhymes

hmm, i guess your sarcasm detector isn't working??

hmm wordplay

Yes, i'd like to see some 'play'... yours comes across as work. wordwork. haha.

"coz some mc's are all work and no play"

Btw... R.I.P. ODB :(

Peace
If I may quickly interject here.

Offwhyte - going back to your first post in this topic...

Saul Williams
r a p is censored because it is close to rape
Look at following
M a s t u r b is censored because it is close to masturbate
L e s b is censored because it is close to L e s b i a n s
Same thing for r a p 
Don't think only r a p mean music it can mean word closeness
im not really into rap. i luv ROCK!!!!. sry just had to say.