« Back to All Topics
I have a complaint!!
Posted in 
Billiards
I have a complaint!!
Posted in 
Billiards
I have a complaint!!
Why is it that when you break in (9) ball or (8) ball and you get the 9/8 ball in it does not count as a win?

In 9ball the reason why that if you pot the 9 ball of a break and it is a foul is because ages ago people managed to figure out a "cheat break" so that way they would do it and 9 wud go down and they would win. Loads of people complained about this so flyordie changed it to if you pot the 9 of a break it is a foul :p.

I dunno about 8 tho
Yes that is true but ages ago the racks were all the same all the time so you could always get the same break now in 9/8/snooker the rack changes for every game and it is never the same so they should make it so if you get the 9 or 8 ball down off the break it would count as a win :D

Potting the 9 from the break does not count as a win, it should be replaced on the table.
That was meant to say potting the 8 is not a victory. The breaker has a choice of a rerack or respotting the 8 ball.

Potting the 9 ball is in fact counted as a win, sorry for the typing error.
With 8 ball i can understand that it wouldnt count as a win considering that in fly or die we play valey rules.
But just as you said in 9 ball it is a win if you pot the nine, and yet in fly or die it is a foul. I was wondering if they would be able to change it to a win considering that they fixed the problem with the racking of the balls (now every rack is different).
This subject has come up many times, and FoD seem reluctant to change the 9 ball rules on the site.

As for 8 ball, neither the US and UK style games include a victory for potting the 8 on the break. In pubs in the UK, people often count it as a win - simply because of the winner stays on system, someone has to pay for the rerack. That doesn't mean that they are correct.