« Back to All Topics
Got Adware ?
Posted in 
General
Got Adware ?
Posted in 
General
Got Adware ?
Hi all , this is the last installment in the "Got ---" series .
I have found a program that removes adware simply and efficiently and it has a quick download source aswell .
With its ability to scan your RAM, registry, hard drives, and external storage devices for known data-mining, advertising, and tracking components, Ad-aware can easily clean out your system, allowing you to maintain a higher degree of privacy while you surf the Web.

The redesigned user interface improvements include more flexibility and control. This includes user-defined file sizes, which speeds up the scanning process by excluding files it recognizes as clean. Other advanced features include automatic quarantine and Recycle Bin storage of removed components, an all-new viewer for backup archives that allows you to quickly and easily review components that have been removed and stored for future restoration, and an integrated reference file updater that can automatically search for new reference files when Ad-aware is started
Ad-aware 6.0 - 
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Have fun :)
TANK_M
:) Cheers TANK_M,;),

Even tho I have McAFEE Virus centre installed + X-cleaner,I downloaded Ad_aware 6,just coz am nosy:).It told me I had to quarintine 532 items.

Cheers again. This means my tank will go faster,and I will be able to blow ye up.lol.
Theres already an update for it Tank_m.:O.
Yea i know ;) 
You should download the Ram program more than anything on my other post "Got Ram" , it speeds your computer up and makes it more efficient :)
im in a happy mood , the sun is out!! :D
Good day 
TANK_M
It would be extrem good if you delete the quarantined file thingies and not only quarintine them. Quarintine = They are still on your pc. Deleting them will be the best.
yeh,,Im making sure Pc still works ,then its deleted.
:| dont download that ad-aware junk..its filt wit lots of spyware and parasites :o it juss makes u think ur doin sumthin to ya cpu wen its really infectin it

so err..juss a warnin b4 ur CPU ends up like mine :(
I would have to say i dont think you know what your talking about on this one concept.
I have AD-Adware 6.0 and found it to be very handy for getting rid of junk that sites fill your comp with. And if it was full of spyware like you say it would show up in a spybot S&D scan and i have found nothing frome it.

M.A.S.H.4077
Concept , how can Adware or any other malicious content possibly embed itself into Adaware 6.0 ? , its a wrapped file which means that nothing can be attached to it , hence not becoming harmful to people using the program
Have a good day ;)
TANK-M
yea ur rite it takes out tha junk.. but i downloaded spybot S & D and it came out that adaware had it.. maybe its juss me ? iunno its not onthis cpu tho its on the otha..
When you run SpyBot and ADAware on the same PC they will often recognise each other as a possible threat. This is normal, and is nothing to worry about. I wont go into the reasons why they recognise each other, cos it would take too long.

However, the fact they can recognise each other as a possible bad source is nothing unsual, and is in fact a flase flag owing to the way the prgrams work. All you need to do is add the respective program to the "safe" list.

Veriac