« Back to All Topics
Cancer Research Uk Marathon Fund Please Read
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
hello i will be running in the london marathon this sunday for cancer research uk
all i ask of you is to leave your name every name i get i will donate a pound into cancer research fund 
thanks and god bless

Tony
I think before anyone should consider this, you need to first provide some proof that you are actually running in the marathon, and that you are doing so for the charity named.

No offense intended here, but without some kind of proof, i personally would never even consider what you are asking.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)

what??!????!!! 

what sort of proof my name is listed on the cancer research uk fund website
i was told this by letter now you can check that out anyway veriac if you do not appreciate what i am doing there is no point of you posting here thanks
Hey Hey HEY,

I think we are all getting a little mixed up here.

All loui or louis is asking, is for you to leave your name here.

All veriac is saying is everyone be careful when it comes to "charity". No offence meant.Thats all, no need for anyone to get upset.:)

Will you be wearing a fancy dress costume louis? So I can pick you out from the crowd on the telly.:) 

Peter01.
I might be a little cynical here Mr Saha but seems like an attempt by you to get at peoples heart strings to get you the biggest post.If i'm wrong,i apologise.If i'm right your a disgrace
Thats £4 allready,get your wallet out
ahhhh yes......   yet another "friendly" topic  

only a few replies posted and it's already turned to crap....this place is amazing.. <shakes head>

as I read it..  the original message is NOT asking for any donation....  but an endorsement.....  for each name.....
THE AUTHOR
 will donate a pound..  
do I have this right ?   I dunno...   maybe I'm confused.....it's late here...good luck with your marathon...
good night 

You seem to have a concerted effort to have a go at me ghost rider...u are confused
a concerted effort in every post ,read between the lines
who is mightier tha the lord..yes its ghostrider..ban me ..i dont give a dam
one last word.ive noticed in the posts.when a "mere"player gets the upperhand of a mod intulectually,they are banned.If u wanna take the gloves off i'm ready
I won't engage in a childish, immature flaming match with you Nightflight...
I was simply pointing out the facts of the message as I understand them....
The author posted a message announcing his participation in a marathon and appears to be seeking names for a sponsor list of some kind...that HE is going to provide the donations for....  pretty simple stuff....even at 1 AM in the morning.....it's called "consideration of others"...then to turn around and have replys posted that belittle his efforts.....well...that indicates to me a great lack of consideration or intelligence...  or a little of both....

I think it's a great thing to put a lot effort into a worthy cause.....I applaud him.....and I hope he wins.
talk about paranoia.......WOW  !! :O

edit the post to suit your own ends
you trust people too much ghostrider.
This topic isn't about trust..as GHOST RIDER says..Louis Saha is NOT asking for others to donate...He just wants everyone to leave their name here so HE can donate a £1..for every name left..He needs no kind of proof at all either...as the money will be coming out of his own pocket.not anyone elses..I along with GHOST RIDER  say ..Goodluck in your efforts to raise what you can Louis..It's a charity well deserved..as are all charity's..which I myself donate to..Anyway ..Goodluck..I'll be watching it today ;)

StreamLine  
[img=
http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/blindside897/AvatarSmileyPointer.gif
]
Looks like there all getting wet,,its raining.
IF UR SUPPOSED TO BE RUNNIN...LITTLE QS?

WHY WERE U PLAYIN IN SNOOKER 30MINUTES AGO?

Im watching the marathon right now  , and i must say those kenyans are excellent runners , i think i might attempt to do it next year :p
Tank I wouldn't i sont want u 2 fall over and humiliate your self.

lol 
ye go for it it would be a Good Laugh
LOL hence the word Attempt , i will probably keel over bursting for air after 1 mile lol :p
i think ill wear a halloween costume and scare all the other competitors into letting me win :D
anwyays good luck Louis ;)

TANK....B-)
Stream is there a CERTAIN reason to why you always agree with GHOST RIDER MP ??? 
Tank U don't need a Halloween costume
Slim, maybe it because they share the same point of view, and because Ghost rider is right?
tut when they were runnin his name was playin in snooker,whats he do take his laptop with him?
in case you didnt know the marathon was 26 miles i ran 13 where there was a checkpoint and there happend to be a cyber buff there so i thought why not have a game of pool and a single game of snooker is that too much to ask for when your on a break and many others such as the man dressed in a chicken took a break at the same cyber buff if you would like proof i took a picture of me which i can send you by mail drop me a mail at thecueking2@hotmail.com thanks and good day to you all
lol all sounds too fishy to me :p
My apologies to ghostrider,i was slightly out of order,and louis,is this pic u describe ,a pic of you in ur marathon gear complete with laptop playing snooker?I know a few people that are hooked to the games on here,but half way through a marathon?:|..give it a break mate
no he meant at a rest stop they had a cpu..so he thought of FOD and wanted to play ;)
They have STOP Rests now ?

Come on guys...your supposed to run the entire way in one go. Or does that mean you can now complete your marathon by stopping for a rest in every Pub on the way, and eventually nippin to the Kebab shop and getting in a Taxi to the finish Line :p

Have A Laugh Go On veriac at least some people take cancer research funding seriously you think making a joke about a pub in this sort of topic is funny? think again because im not amused and for your information they do have a rest stop where people can get drinks and also coffees to warm themselves up due to the fact it was raining a lot of body heat was given out tyvm 
how can you play Flyordie in the middle of a marathon. I can imagine it now, you running with a bottle of water in one hand and a laptop in the other.
if you read properly using BOTH eyes you will see that it says i played it at the halfway mark any other person who ran would tell you there was a shop called bake n bite cyber buffs at the checkpoint
i thought veriacs post was funny..tho he did 
misinterpret
 da very first ;)