« Back to All Topics
[u][b]8ball & 9ball breaks[/b][/u]
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Although flyordie have made the breaks on 9ball and 8ball much better in terms of how much the balls get seperated, i still think that the balls should be seperated alot more. However hard you hit the pack on the break (especially on 8ball) the balls do not get seperated enough. On a real pool table, you will find that the balls do get seperated much more. Hope flyordie can consider this request.
Formation,

You just need to know how to break. Ive seen people run the break and win without opponent getting a shot.
oh ok. In that case could anyone please tell me a pacific way to break so that i can 
properly
 smash the pack on the break. Both 8ball and 9ball tips please.
a bit of top spin usually helps break the balls and set you up with a decent leave.
alot of top spin move to the side hit the top 2 balls
ill take it that i should move the cueball to the rail like they do in real pool. Thanks everyone for your tips.
my break i always get in two balls(usually the 1 and 2 ball) then i clean them up from there!
Well, you can always go for a snooker break in nine ball. As for eight ball just break how you want. Dpending on your rating..there is no chance of low rated players clearing on you.;)'
it was figured out how to run the tables without opponent getting a shot years ago all קא/-pc players knew them all... the good ole days
When we compare the real pool break off and this game's break offs,for 8 and 9 ball games;
When you make the fast and spreading break off in real game,you know that the cue ball jumps some hight off the bunch.Thats because there is the 3rd dimension in real game,which we dont have at online pool games.At real game the balls have a potential to leave the base and move upwards.Sometimes because of the particles on the cloth,but theorically,when you shoot the cue ball very fast with a crazy speed,it doesnt go on a straight line ,touching the cloth continously,it makes a parabolic move,so that when its stopped by the bunch,it jumps.Lack of this property,makes the balls less mobile in our online game.In online pool, balls are considered to go on the line that they go,continously touching to the base.And in real pool when you try to make an opening shot without making the white ball jump,you will see that the bunch wont spread too much,more or less like the break offs here.
And in real 8 ball break offs the triangle made of 15 balls is not staying ideally.There be some gaps between the balls and maybe that makes the balls more mobile,than here,that the triangle is staying ideally all 15 balls stay without any gaps.I am not too sure about this but i quite think its true,because,when you think making a shot like,2 object balls staying with few milimeters gap between,and you shoot the white to the nearest one with a bit of angle ,the 2 object balls seem to move with more energy,than the 2 touching object balls.
And a 3rd thing i think,in games here,maybe,a single ball should have more mass.So shots will carry more energy.Or only the cue ball should have more mass than the object balls.I think its like this in real pool,cue ball is more durable.
In 8 ball and 9 ball here,for a good break off,first decide what do you want to do after the break off:) if you want to clean the table,shoot the white in maximum speed and imagine with which angle,to which point of the bunch,it should hit,so that the balls will spread nicely.Only tip for a good 8 ball break off here i can say now is;use the cushion to make the white hit the bunch 2 times.
So i think all properties of the pool is fine but the side spins.I guess side spins are put for pro snooker,but gives very less effect for 8 ball,9 ball and normal snooker.If this will continue like this,soon i will start to play pro snooker only.
Have ggs.