« Back to All Topics
OK THIS IS A BRILLIANT IDEA
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
i have discussed this with moderators also and they think its a good idead i think there should be trnys that correspond to the persons rating eg. 100-200 trny which would be for intermediate           and  201-400 for intermediate plus and 401+ for advanced because i see that when there is a system trny the high players dont play because they have alot to lose  i see the point but this would give these people a chance to play :p whadda u think guys :)
Apparently you wernt here last time sombody brought that up.

Its a good idea but what happens when sombody 199 joins the 0-200 turny and then wins a game ?? What about my secound nick that only has 30 points where this nick has 300+ ??
omg

1. if they were 299 in 200-300. simply let them play as they were a 299 wen they started.

2. hmm... maybe use one of the names? :O
U dont get it entertainment :|

No matter what the rating range is you cant keep 400 players out. 

Everybody has 3 or 4 nicks.
u dont understand

a trny at 6pm for 0-100
7pm for 100-200
8pm 200-300 etc

and ppl only suppost to use one name per trny..

so if u got one 30 u play in the 0-100 but cant play in other one.. either way u may still get a VIP
Erm......Maybe I'm wrong but...somepeople seem to think that your FOD ratings change when you play a system tourney, I thought you lose your FOD rating and get a tourney rating(red numbers) for the system tourney. Therefor high rated players have nothing to lose by playing low rated players. 
Also, if there were to be 3 tourneys for differently rated players, are you suggesting FOD give away the VIP status to 3 players(the 3 winners) each time there is a system tourney?

ж2σξзж 
Your overall rating does change when you win or lose a game in a tourney. While you remain in the room in which the tourney is taking place you will only see your score for the tourney, but once the tourney is over and/or you return to another room, you will see that your overall rating has changed. 

This is the reason that many higher rated players have been reluctant to participate in tourneys. It's not always a good deal for your overall rating. If you lose to a much lower rated  player, you take a big hit that takes a number of wins to recover from.

Personally, I would like it better if there was no effect on overall ratings for tourney games.
Nah Dave, I think I'm correct saying that it DOES affect your overall rating at the end of the tournament.
OK HERES THE DEALY YO ITS A THING THAT CAN BE EASILY ADJUSTED U SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LOSE POINTS IN A TRNY TY AND YOUR POINTS IN A TRNY SHOULD ONLY BE IN A TRNY THE WINNER SHOULD GET THE DIFFERENCE OF HIS LOSSES OR HE COULD GET 100 BONUS RATIING :p
Ok I was wrong......I didn't know cos I dont bother playing system tourneys, a solution therefor would be to make system tourneys not have any effect on your normal ratings. This way everybody would be happy to play in them.
Possibly an easier solution than to make different tourneys for different ratings.

ж2σξзж 
i totally agree this is a matter of urgency as no good players play in tourneies ]:)
Umm..there are always at least 5 good players in each tourney at the start, its just if they lose then they probably will end up not bothering and not be there in the end.

I do my best to participate in every system tourney, and im in the top 10 for all 3 cue sports, i cant speak for others though, but i certainly don't think people are afraid to play in the tournaments. There are a lot of people in www.myleague.com/147break with high rating who play lots of tournaments and risk losing their rating against anybody.
Me being one of them :p:p!
well i think this rating system which does not affect the overall rating should be put in place for system trny ty :p
I totaly agree.....Tourneys shood not reflect our points in the game.  Instead tourneys should have a prize of some sort for the top 3 places.  You would get alot more players playing, alot of people dont play cuz their points are too high.  You never see the top 5 players in your ranking playin and thats why.  I have no idea what prizes could consist of but thats up to FOD, I just think it would make the tourneys huge.:)
so what could they have as prizes? v.i.p is just a little star :p and nothing else 
Actually, the VIP is much more than "just a star".

Anyone who gains a VIP also gains 1 months 
FREE
 subscription to the game they won the tournament for.

Veriac
(Flyordie Moderator)
That kinda defeats the object if they're already subscribed though doesn't it? And its not like the person gets a month added to their sub, I won at least 3 tournaments with my stoney8587 name, and yet I didn't get a single day extra sub.
well goose maybe your name had bben banned or demerited but i still think they should put the prizes up to a level where they are regarded as acceptable 1 month sub well thats decent but not what many people would call appropriate i realy think they should put say for instance a reward such as at least 3 month sub with a so called VETO challenge where people who are higher than the "winner" of the trny should have to play this winner ;) lemme no wot u think cheers
Nope..never had any of my players demerited or banned, not at all...i was reset for about 30 minutes when a mod that tried to put the vip in my account accidently reset it, but all was sorted. 
yes,good idea but i think dependig on which you win you get diff color star like gold silver um bronze lmao
Wow, it's no surprise that few of the top players play in system tourneys if the 1 month sub for winning doesnt get added to the winners already subbed nick, most of the top players are subbed.
This also means that system tourneys for only those with subscription don't actually have any prize other than the star. FOD should definately rethink this 1 if this is the case.

How about a system champs tourney? Maybe only those that have finished in the top 10 of system tourneys get to enter it. The Prize for that could be a 1 year sub with 4 months for 2nd and 1 month for 3rd. This would maybe encourage more top players to join. They could run 1 of those every 3 months (1/4 year). I'm sure 4x1year, 4x4months & 4x1month subscriptions in each year wouldn't break the bank.

ж2σξзж 
very true thanks for replying please flyrdie make a trny for each rating area thank you please
flyordie* i dont want euan to correct me on my grammar ty
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian