« Back to All Topics
public API's
public API's
public API's
Hi there,
Just wondering if there are any publicly accessible API's available, specifically ones that provide information about: 

- top rankings 
- player results/rating
- game results

I'm a web developer and I love FOD's curling game. I'd love to create a small project that supplements the existing FOD leaderboards. 

thanks!
Edited by spoopy.patootie
Can you provide some specific examples of what additional things would you like to show in your pages that would supplement our leaderboards?
Edited by hoat4
Hi, thanks so much for getting back to me. 

The FoD leaderboard is really good, and I know it inspires a lot of activity and friendly competition among the playerbase. My ideas hopefully would inspire even more play (my aim is only to enhance the current FoD statistics and encourage more play/subscription; see my final note below!**)

Here are some ideas:

- Average points for/against/differential per game
- Average # of ends played
- Average duration of a game

- Head-to-head statistics: 

--> Win/lose/tie % against X player
--> # games played against X player
--> points for/against/differential against X player
--> win streak/lose streak vs X player

- Leagues with a set list of players and a fixed start/end time. Only results between league players within the start/end time are counted

- Leaderboards for "season" i.e. 2023/2024 season. 

- Organize custom tournaments in different formats

- Divide players into finer tiers, i.e. above the highest current 'red' tier, I could add tiers for 500-600 rating, 600-700, etc.

- If linescore data is available, I can calculate: 

--> hammer efficiency (scoring 2+ points with last rock)
--> force efficiency (forcing opposition to take 1 with their last rock)
--> steal efficiency (scoring without last rock)
--> steal defense (prevent a steal with last rock)
--> blank ends (ends with last rock where 0 points scored)
--> ends for per game
--> ends against per game
--> + ability to see these statistics filtered by opponent

going further, I could implement a lot of fun systems on top of these statistics, like: 

--> calculate fun 'achievements' or 'attributes' about different players, for example, tag a player 'road runner' if their game duration is way quicker than average, 'thrill seeker' if their points for/against differential is very narrow
--> calculate 'rivalry': players who often play one another and their win/loss against one another is relatively even

** A final note: My aim is only to support and add to what FoD currently offers. I imagine since leaderboards only show subscribing players, this is meant to encourage users to subscribe to FoD.  I wouldn't want to throw a wrench in that incentive system, so all the above features could be limited to subscribing players only. This could encourage more players to subscribe, and generate more revenue for FoD. You guys have developed what I consider to be the funnest and possibly most realistic curling game online, so I'd be thrilled if I could fill your coffers a bit more by possibly encouraging more players to play and subscribe if they want to participate in leagues, earn little badges, or see fine-grained statistics/head-to-heads. 

Thanks for reading!
Languages
English
English
Cymraeg
Welsh
Deutsch
German
English
English
Indonesia
Indonesian