« Back to All Topics
Unfair scoring when curler leave game
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
I was 4 down in last end, but in situation of big scoring  with 5 stones in play. My opponent (ZK1995) unfairly left game. Then I scored only 2. How this is possible ? Then can everybody more than 2 points ahead leave the game in last end  to be sure win ? Really ?
Hello Uba,
As far as your stats show your opponent did not leave early. 
If they did there would be a ☐ sign, which indicates that the game was interrupted (for whatever reason)
But it was not interrupted. Duration of the game 60:21 minutes.
screenshot:  

https://rb.gy/9ijica

Best regards,
John
Hello,
I disagree, my opponent did leave the game during last end.
I cannot understand your reply
Yes many people do that when losing to minimize their loss
Hello Uba74,
I was wrong. My apologies. 

Unfortunately neither I nor FlyOrDie will give you points if your opponent leaves early.  

Here an excerpt of FlyOrDies Terms of service which you agreed to, the moment you started to play on FlyOrDie:

Excerpt:
"DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ....

FLYORDIE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT

(i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,
(ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE,
(iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE,
(iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND
(v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.  "

FlyOrDie's Terms of Service (full text) 
https://www.flyordie.com/legal.html

Kind regards,
John
Edited by John Stewart
Hello John

I am not sure to 100% understand your answer.

Anyway, the only fair, respectfull and  easy to understand rule that should  be applied is : IF A PLAYER LEAVE THE GAME, FOR WHATEVER REASON, HE LOOSE THE GAME.  

That is what happens in real life, and in other fly or die games (as Chess) , why could it not be applied in curling game ?
-the "interrupted" symbol does not appear when someone leaves the game purposely
- the "interrupted" symbol does not appear if your computer runs out of battery or your router malfunctions
-the "interrupted" symbol  only appears if player loses connection to the server and it cannot be restored

-duration of the game 60:21 is not an indicator of whether or not the player left early

could you please respond to the matter that has been raised which is # of points awarded per un-played end

I personally dont think there is a solution to this as some number of points needs to be decided upon for un-played ends 

I suppose that the original poster is suggesting it should be more than 2

thnks
Hello Stephane"
I was wrong. You are right. My apologies.

Unfortunately I'm unable to give someone their points back, if an opponent leaves early. Neither will FlyOrDie give back any points. 

Here an excerpt of FlyOrDies Terms of service which you agreed to, the moment you started to play here.  

Excerpt:
" DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ....

FLYORDIE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT

(i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,
(ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE,
(iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE,
(iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND
(v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. "

Full text  

Kind regards,
John
Edited by John Stewart
Totally agree, players doing that should be penalized. Happens to me all the time. Just sinister ply to avoid losing by a larger margin.

Also after many, many, many requests to the administrators do they ignore my request to apply the correct rules of curling regarding the first 2 stones if standing on the centerline. It is forbidden to remove them until the 5th stone. This is an important rule that is totally ignored and allows for illegal shots-to be played.
Yup - this has been a problem forever. Very uncool and totally against curling etiquette. But it's a video game site and it's gonna happen. Just make a mental note to not play them again. Their reputation is worth less to them than a few points, it seems. As for the 5-rock...yeah, I've never been much of a fan but it's growing on me, and since it is now universal, it would be nice if FoD implemented it. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen, though. The coding required for the various center-line and tick options is, I expect, a more significant effort than the 4-rock rule implementation was (i.e. a stone is simply knocked out or it's not), and FoD has been loathe to make any changes to the curling game, let alone something complex.
seems like the easiest solution here for the devs is if a player leaves, the opponent scores as many points as they are lying + the number of stones they have remaining in that end. I imagine that wouldn't be too hard to do and it makes sense
agree with spooty, this could be a right statement. Once again, a simpler rule could be applied :  when a player leaves games, then he looses game