« Back to All Topics
Points decline in cases of inactivity.
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
I see some players points are not decreasing over time. Stoughton's Son01 has had 603 points for a long period of time. However, his graph shows less than 400 points. What is going on?
Hello Summr,

If someone doesn't play, points will be deducted from their total rating every 7 days by an amount depending on their current rating. This applies to everyone. (Not visible on the info sheet's overview, but when you click the games)

-  Originally, ratings were decreased each day you didn't play as it is put down in this document 
 -->  
https://www.flyordie.com/games/help/rating_system.html

-  FlyOrDie changed that in May 2021 to  "every 7 days someone didn't play" 
 --->  
https://www.flyordie.com/forum/234260?s=hn

Kind regards,
John
Hi John,

I have to correct you again. Points are deducted initially after 7 days and then 
daily

The statement in the forum is outdated and something has changed again.

I uploaded a proof here: 
https://www.flyordie.com/forum/242636?s=hn&d=%2Fforum%2F243248%3Fs%3Dhn#242971

Player_No1

FlyOrDie Moderator Team
❤️
Thank you Player_No1,
I didn't know that there was another change. 
I will reply respectively in my future postings.

Kind regards and thanks again,
John
❤️
🙃
Thanks, guys, for the links. I am aware of the rule. My point is that Stoughton's Son01, our ex-Curling King, is still on our top list (#6), having had 603 points for a long time despite the fact that his last curling game was in November.
Hi Summr,
I'm not sure, but i believe that list is covering several years.

**  Perhaps there's someone who can explain the "overall list"  
https://www.flyordie.com/displayRatings.html?gameName=Curling&portal=flyordie_com&room=2403&lang=en
   more detailed than I'm able to do.  **

Wishing you good games!
John
Edited by John Stewart
Hi John, 

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Nope, the list I am referring to is the same one you've sent. And this list shows the current standing, not over the years.

See for yourself: , Stoughton'sSon01 CURRENT score is 603, and it is not changing over a long period of time according to the rules; it's stuck at 603.

Thanks
Hi Summr,
you're welcome. 
I really can't tell. The day before yesterday someone asked why on the "memory overall list" a player is listed on pos. 5  who's account has was permanently banned three months ago. Therefore I still believe that the over all list  covers several years, or at least a long period of time. 

I hope someone can tell us more about this.

Kind regards,
John
Hi John,
I am not sure what you are talking about. There is no such thing as an "overall list" across all time, it is a top list that shows players' CURRENT ratings. What Summr is saying, is that Stoughtons'Son's rating is 603, which declined from 674, but he has not played a single game since November. By PlayerNo1's logic, the rating would begin to decrease after 1 week of inactivity, by a certain # of pts each day. Since this person's rating is in the 600s, it would be around 3 pts a day. Therefore 6 or so months of inactivity x 2-3 pts a day (less as the rating decreases) means the rating should be down by at LEAST 300 pts or more. But it still remains at 603, a decrease of only 71 pts. If you SPECIFICALLY look at the graph in the top right of his profile, it shows a steady decrease to about 400, so the rating should be 400 currently, but the # does not reflect that. I think that is the crux of the issue Summr is raising, which I had a similar forum post about in January. The current rating has never been an "all time measurement" - if it has, I would be interested in seeing a forum post where this was mentioned.

I believe this may be a technical glitch in the ratings system as I have seen some players suffer loss of pts on a daily basis for months, but others do not suffer the same fate. For example player "merseysider" has had his rating decrease from 509 to currently 276 after 10 months of inactivity, a decrease of 233 pts in 10 months. This is more realistic than Stoughton decreasing by 71 pts after 6 months, considering Stoughton was higher in the first place to begin with.

Not trying to argue with anybody here, and honestly I don't really care specifically about Stoughton'sSon's rating or anyone else's. But I want to clarify the problem that I am seeing. It is not as simple as saying "this is the rating system and why it is doing this", it is a different problem that I believe needs to be addressed. A technical glitch, perhaps.

Thank you.
I can confirm that I've seen this kind of "glitch" before, where the rating just didn't change anymore, even though the player was inactive for a longer period of time.

Technically, I imagine this to be quite difficult, as each player must have their own automatic "monitoring" in the background.. something could have gone wrong in some cases, but that's just a guess.

Player_No1

FlyOrDie Moderator Team
I haven't played a game in like 3 weeks and my rating has barely decreased at all
From what I can tell, is the players rating does decrease after 7 days of inactivity and then decreases daily until their rating has depleted. I believe the decrease (accurate rating) doesn't show on the "Top List" until the player actually signs in and plays again. I do think this is a glitch in the rating system and should be resolved.
Stoughton's Son01 did sign in May, when he was supposed to be 500 or less, and still his score declines at snail's speed.
I find it weird too, he didn't play so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It happened to Ryope just recently too during two weeks of inactivity.
Wild. I haven't played in 2 months, my rating has decreased 200 points, as it should have with the points tax. I look today and I see StoughtonsSon has not played in 3.5 - 4 months and his rating has decreased a mere 85 points. Make it make sense.
No disrespect to Stoughty I know he isn't causing this himself it's just sad to see the inconsistency in the rating decrease. If this is an additional perk being applied to subscribers it should be disclosed - though I feel like it's a different issue.