« Back to All Topics
Gammon Dodge
Posted in 
Backgammon
Gammon Dodge
Posted in 
Backgammon
Gammon Dodge
Hello. Something needs to be done with this resigning button.Either estimate the equity when opponents resign and give or take the gammon from there , or remove it completely.In some games it is understandable.Opponent has a point on your 5 and waiting to land his last checker from the bar eventhough he is down 70 pips.If he lands his last blot with a 1/6 odds he can save the gammon.But in some games they have 4 checkers on the bar, i am almost 100 pips up , they can only land on my ace point and i only have two checkers to land home with them having no points in mid and even their 6 point ! .I understand that you are trying to protect casual players from software players , but sometimes this gammon dodging business is a bit insulting.Imagine yourself yielding the gammons in a game of chance meaning you also yield the doubling cube useless with it . Players can take hopeless cube positions just because of this. (Or leave the 5 anchor which opens of a lot of so called ''Gammons ''  . Don't really want to be too friendly against casual and less skilled players . Thanks .