« Back to All Topics
8ball, move or no move
Posted in 
General
8ball, move or no move
Posted in 
General
8ball, move or no move
Ok, time to discuss 8 ball pool and how it has changed for the worse in recent times. For some reason, newer players seem to think it is noble to play no moves meaning that if your opponent fouls you do not move and this is completely ridiculous. It's ruining the game because it takes defense out of the game. The reality is that all sports involve a defensive and offensive strategy. Most players play an offensive game but, if you do not have a good shot, you play safe or even hook your opponent. So, I suspect what happened is someone either scratched or was unable to get out of a hook ergo his opponent got to move and thereby won the game. Well folks that's the rules and all sports and games have penalties for infractions. So, rather than whine if you foul, learn to control the shooter so you don't scratch and learn to kick at hooks. With no moves, people don't even try to get out of a hook, they just hook you back and that is pathetic. Only the less skilled players play no moves. The top players follow the rules and move. That's the noble way to play the game, follow the rules, don't cry if you can't get out of a hook and are therefore penalized. I am so tired of these people condemning good players because they follow the rules and play the game the way it was intended to be played.
❤️
Completely agree with you 👏

Yet, the game "Blackball Pool" which doesn't allow your opponent to move (passed the baulk line) never has anyone playing it... 🤔  "non-movers", give it a try, you'll love it - 
https://www.flyordie.com/blackball/
 👀

I'll always move the cue ball if my opponent makes a foul shot and if they complain about it I normally tell them to improve their own game and stop fouling before questioning how I play 🙂
❤️
hello, yes indeed people complain about those who move in certain billiards despite being authorized in the rule and you are right the game of blackball is good, there is never anyone like you specify Dav7d.so those who don't appreciate the moves,it is better to play blackball, as Dav7d advises you. greetings "༄Ainara༄♥"
❤️
hi, HappyMealLover and iSpy share the same opinion. Both are pro move.
Good to hear Wow How. Thanks for your imput
❤️
yes, sorry. i misread something. 
i like your sarcasm.
sorry I correct my mistake excuse me it is iSpy who gives you this good advice and not Dav7d, excuse me iSpy and good afternoon to you
❤️
I started plaing 8 ball long ago though I've been away from it for some time but, when I started, there were no non movers. Everyone moved and it was so much better then.
❤️
Watch Efren Reyes or Francisco Bustamante play 8 ball. They're pros and they move!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKtkulMvQs4
❤️
well you know...those ppl never been inside a poolhall......
😢
Do you mean the people on this site who play no move or Efren Reyes and Bustamante? Reyes and other pros play in pool halls all the time and play many international tournaments.  And, when one fouls, the other gets ball in hand.
❤️
Obviously I'm talking about the hitnhopers that hit the balls with full power every shot without any trace of a gameplan.
They are the ones most eager to play no move since they scratch all the time....
Right you are, hoper hitters as we used to call them.
❤️
Hey Chris ! Yes she is ;)
❤️