« Back to All Topics
The Crown
Posted in 
General
The Crown
Posted in 
General
The Crown
I've noticed that there is an awful lot of squabbling in the reversi lobby about programs and the crown. Now, I'm never going to be anywhere close to a crown or even a good score but might I suggest a simple solution that may stop a lot of the program talk. Why not have two crowns? Maybe a gold crown for people who don't use programs and a silver crown for program users.
🙃
In my opinion, players who have been detected as using a program should not have the ability to showcase a crown.
❤️
I totally agree with you iSpy 👍🏿
🙃
And I'm with you guys, as well. 

This has been an ongoing topic for quite a while. At least with us Reversi players.

About a year ago, something was changed by the administrators/developers, so that program players "normally" cannot showcase the crown. 

However, this is only half-true. They can't, if the highest rated human player is online and is playing. 
But If the highest rated human player is not playing - the programme players still can showcase the crown. 

Cheers,
John
So John, if we can't stop the program players, why not downgrade their crown to a lesser silver one and let the real players have the more respected gold crown?
You have your opinion, I have mine :) And that's fully ok.
❤️
Absolutely John, we all have our own opinions and we all have a right to express them. I would love to see the program users not be allowed to have the crown if it were possible. I'm just saying that, if we can't, then maybe we can promote the legit players and down play the cheaters.
❤️
Actually, let's have a gold crown for the legit players and a cardboard crown for the cheaters. There would definitely be a new kind of chat in the lobby haha.
🙃
I agree I Spy but if it's allowed, then why not try to highlight the legit player with the gold crown whereas the program user would get the lesser, silver crown.
🙃
Hello Chris
or maybe no crown at all ...  ;) 
Kind regards 
John ✌️
❤️
😮
Well that would sure put an end to program talk John. Good point.
🙃
John, think about the possibilities with two crowns though. Maybe once a month have the two crowns play a tournament, maybe best of 5 games or whatever. And they winner gets some kind of adornment to his crown. You could even take it a bit further or am I being naive? Can a good player who plays without a program beat a program player?
Darn, a typo. The winner not they winner. One of these days I'm going to learn to proof read before I hit send or submit in this case.
Interesting thoughts, Chris.
I'm curious to know what others might have to say about that.
Cheers !
John ✌️
❤️
?
Can this man's comment be stricken from my post and maybe ban him?
Thank you, I see that his comments were removed
Now that you have removed that fellow's comment, could you please remove mine regarding his comment too please. They're kind of just hanging out there now and people are probably wondering what I was talking about.
🙃
Obstructing moderator lol
What kind of a ridiculous comment is that !!!!!!!!