« Back to All Topics
Server
Posted in 
Chess
Server
Posted in 
Chess
Server
I wanted to know if flyordie will ever improve server response time for Latin America, as the difference in delay/latency is too big compared for other continents.
In Latin America, we have an average delay of 140ms, while in the rest of the world it is around 50ms.
This makes a lot of difference in quick matches like bullet 1+0. Making it difficult to compete with Europeans who love to win on time.
In other sites this phenomenon does not happen. Because they implement automatic draw systems and other methods to remedy this problem.
🙃
Hi Saltman, i'm NOT FlyOrDie but i guess this would be be possible if more people like yourself actually subscribed and payed  for their service -  in Latin America and elsewhere 😅

Then they might be able to run hundreds servers there too, and employ the people who maintain those servers.  
But on which continents have you tested the delay? 
Saltman, you might want to do a reality check?
🙃
I believe you don't know. However, there is a significant number of paying Latino users. I sensed a tone of irony on your part. Also, I've been a subscriber for quite some time and plan on renewing my subscription soon.
Flyordie is a free service, but not for free. There are several advertisements during the games. So don't speak ironically to "non-paying" users. They also have voice.
Hello Saitaman,

I don't represent FlyOrDie. I'm just playing here. But as a retired computer scientist, I'd like to shed a  bit more light on this.

The latency problem is caused by the long distance between Europe and America.

Unfortunately it would be pointless to set up some extra servers in the Americas ***because the games must run on ONE server.*** 
Either in Europe, or in America. 

If you'd set up a server on the American continent that also managed the same games -  European and American gamers could no longer interact ! 

Obviously, there is a solution for you as well. Namely a very fast VPN (Express VPN) connection to a virtual PC.
 (A virtual PC is a computer file, typically called an image, that behaves like an actual computer).  

If you are able and willing to spend between $20 and $160 per month, you can pay for an Express VPN and rent a virtual computer in Europe (with Microsoft, for instance).

Kind regards,
John
❤️
@John Stewart, Thanks for the reply, it addressed exactly what I wanted to know.
I will research more about Express VPN.
❤️
Thank you for your positive feedback! Appreciate it.
Kind regards,
John
❤️