Points Tax
Posted in 
Curling
Points Tax
Posted in 
Curling
Points Tax
Hello,
Can someone please help clarify the points tax and why it affects only some players and not others? I am specifically referencing those players who have not played in a LONG time, and have not lost many points. 
An example: I lose points if I don't play a game after 7 days. This loss per day is in line with my rating, so given my rating it's maybe 4-5 points a day. Fair, fine. However, player "Cameroon" on the toplist has not played or logged in in 7 MONTHS and has lost a grand total of... 30 points. How can that be? Shouldn't it be 1-2 points per day after the first week? Player "StoughtonsSon01" has not played or logged in in 5 weeks and has lost a total of 15 points. Same idea. Do subscribers get special privileges whereby they are exempt from the points tax?
Would appreciate if someone can enlighten me on this.
Hi Mr. 77.

Deduction will only happen if you don't play for 7 days. The amount deducted will be less if you have a rating lower than 353.
For example if you have a rating of ~150, one point will be deducted weekly (after the initial 7 days delay).

How to calculate deduction:

Square your rating, then divide by 125,000

The result won't get rounded up, when it's smaller than 1. So if you get roughly 0.2 as a result, it means 1 point is deducted every 5 days (5 * 0.2 = 1).

Source: 
https://www.flyordie.com/forum/234260#234277
Hi mate, thanks for linking this, I appreciate it. This confirms my concerns are valid then - by this calculation logic it makes no sense that the players I have mentioned have lost so little rating in the time they have been away. The calculated amount is way higher. Not trying to be sore about it, it just seems unfair if I am going to lose points for not playing as per the calculation mentioned, when they are not going to.
❤️