Bad programming of Backgammon
Posted in 
Backgammon
Posted in 
Backgammon
Hello,

I'm speaking with several players of backgammon here. The situation is like this:
- when you PAY - somehow you have a lot of "luck" compared to the users registered that ar not paying.
- it's clear that when you play backgammom - maybe for years - you have the exeperience of knowing the term of "luck".
- so you realize that if you play "different" from the algorithm (of the programmator) - you will surely loose.
- somehow we anticipate even the next dices that the opponent will receive from the "game" - the accuracy is more than 90% :)
- in real life it never happend for the real players to play with someone that "randomly" receives non stop doubles and after maybe 10 moves it have all the boards inside his house... and when you log on - and play maybe 5/6 games this happens until you log off the game and reconect from a different device.

Sure, the operators/creators of this site - the answer will be that all is random - but hey - it is not.

Be sure that this things are obvios and we expect nothing to be resolved and made - but the reality must be observed.

Have a nice day,
BUT I will say the algorithm is not great, however having compared it to real life many times the dice rolls are not that out of the ordinary. They do seem to produce a run of doubles occasional and for me 2 + 1 seems to be a common starting to roll and double 6 seems to come up in the first 10 or so rolls often but apart from that seems OK.
I PAY and I can tell you my luck has been no better...and lately worse than usual. I know you want to believe that you are being treated poorly because you do not pay but I have seen no evidence of that - you are either having a bad run or simply do not play as well as you believe.