« Back to All Topics
Accused of cheating?
Posted in 
Curling
Accused of cheating?
Posted in 
Curling
Accused of cheating?
I keep getting accused of cheating?  I've been called some insulting names, actually kinda funny.   I play on a tablet and I'm not even sure how one would cheat???  Is cheating something that has plagued the curling game?  I don't think I've ever thought "that person must be cheating. "  there are some amazing players out there!  I have so much to learn from the top players.
Well,  I've been busy building a robot that can play for me and beat you all!  I'll call him CurlingRobot.  Wait,  that name is already taken.  I'll have to think of another witty name...
Stop kicking the guards out of the way as you are sweeping past them.  People will call you out on that one every time
A tick shot is a valid curling shot just like take-outs (not bowling). A perfect guard is so easy to make in this game so that balances the tick shot. There are several ways to combat a tick just like there are many moves in chess. That's why the game is often referred to as chess on ice.
"kicking" as in with his feet.....ie. cheating
Ha ha.   I got the joke.   Just like I use my foot wedge and hand wedge when I golf.  😉